Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 21-04-2015, 03:15 PM
KaidaMidnight

Hi Smile
I use both, but I prefer Tarot and Lengar79 has explained perfectly the reason why!

I also use Animal Whispers empowering cards, by Madeleine Walker and illustrated by Richard Crookes, these are very gentle but important messages, some are similar to affirmations and I use them as daily inspirational/guidance messages.. before I begin my day I will pull a card in the morning, but sometimes if I'm in need of a little guidance at anytime I will shuffle and pull a card...

I have the Druid Plant Oracle too, that's a little bit more involved though, each card has upright and reversed meanings and you can use them in spreads, a little like tarot, I'm still getting to grips with them!

But first and foremost, Tarot is my passion and my preferred divination tool.
Old 21-04-2015, 08:59 PM
Smile it's just me

[CrystalSong]"Hi Smile
Spirit showed me a different way to use Tarot - three rings - which how the Life Path of a person - sort of like an Astrological Chart.

* Inner most ring which is usually 2 or 3 cards shows talents/abilities the person came into this life with- sort of the core of who they are.
* Second or middle ring is abilities/development they have accomplished in this lifetime as planned from pre-life bucket list.
* Outer or last ring shows what still on the list and not developed yet.
These reading have been very profound for the people I've done them for and personally brought me tons of healing, as I, for the first time, understood what each member of my family was working on this life and what their challenges were - it made my whole childhood make sense for the first time and also the 'where and why' of what they are doing now in life which had been very mysterious and illogical to me before.

Otherwise I use Oracle cards in a sort of back and forth conversation - not spread style. It's sort of a direct channeling from the persons higher self to my higher self allowing a conversation style in question answer format with advice and suggestions thrown in.

I work with Oracle 5 decks - two are Collette Baron Reid decks, 1 is a Fairy deck (actually mentions alternate realities, portals and other realms unlike most oracle decks) and the last 2 are decks I made as the other decks were not sufficiently converting topics Spirit and I are working on these days.

If I need something hard core I do Runes. They are a bit the 'Fist of Odin' though, so I don't like to use the Runes for other people because the news has zero 'padding/fluff' and if the Runes say something is SO, it's very hard to change the decision lines that lead to the predicted result. Whereas Oracle cards can really help with all the micro steps and mind sets leading up to the fork leading to the predicted future and there's many points where results can be changed with the 'gentle counseling' of Oracle Cards."

Wow! This is all really interesting! Sounds like Runes can be the most accurate but takes the, "Be careful what you ask for" delivery. I have never had a reading before and I really like the different way you use Tarot...it's more IMO helpful to ones true journey. I live on a small island and would not have an opportunity for a reading but remain curious as to what mine would hold. Thank you for sharing!
Old 21-04-2015, 09:05 PM
Smile it's just me

Hi Kiada Midnight~ Thank you...Are Animal Whispers an Oracle Card?
Old 22-04-2015, 09:45 AM
KaidaMidnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile it's just me
Hi Kiada Midnight~ Thank you...Are Animal Whispers an Oracle Card?

Yes, they are, there are many different types of oracle cards out there, those into oracle decks choose ones that they prefer and some have a few different types they like to use.. Animal Whispers are called empowerment cards by their creator, the cards are stunning glossy illustrations of various animals and there is a brief messages on each card, which are gentle, positive and uplifting and of course, empowering...

Here is a few examples of the cards..

The Mouse...you may feel small, but you are stronger than you know

The Frog.. Jump for joy

The spider.. Cut the web of fear, it only serves to entangle you

The Flamingo.. Act with grace

The Cat... Time to relax, conserve your energy

That's just a few, there are 45 cards to the deck and it comes with a companion booklet which goes into more detail about the interpretations of each card and gives ideas and guidance in ways of using the cards..
Being an animal lover I find this deck wonderful to use, the illustrations on each card are beautiful and they alone give me lots of inspiration!
Old 22-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Guide
I agree fully with Lengar I sue both but also I prefer Tarot for a wider more detailed reading.
Old 22-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Smile it's just me

Quote:
Here is a few examples of the cards..

The Mouse...you may feel small, but you are stronger than you know

The Frog.. Jump for joy

The spider.. Cut the web of fear, it only serves to entangle you

The Flamingo.. Act with grace

The Cat... Time to relax, conserve your energy

Thank you KaidaMidnight ~ Just reading your examples brought a smile to my heart :)
Old 22-04-2015, 06:47 PM
Smile it's just me

lenvdb64

With Tarot Cards...does the reading change daily? Or should these types of readings be done more spread out, maybe as a way to see how well one is doing on their journey?
Old 22-04-2015, 08:02 PM
Guide
Hi Smile

I find that the reading kinda changes weekly more. over a period of 3 days I may get 1 or 2 cards repeating. So I decided I would do a weekly reading, and that works well for me.
Old 22-04-2015, 08:54 PM
Smile it's just me

Thanks lenvdb64, I think I am getting a better understanding of the possibilities offered and why one seeks the knowledge of the two types.

Isn't this SF great?!? Perfect for folks like me to learn and appreciate from those like you who share!

Blessings
Old 30-04-2015, 03:33 PM
Knower
I've learned a lot from reading this thread. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge!

I have been looking at both Tarot and Oracle decks for some time now, and I can't make a decision. I'm waiting for that connection to grab me. The Animal Whispers Oracle Cards sound wonderful.