Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-09-2017, 06:07 PM
Knower

Are Cancers stubborn?

I'll just get to the point - I think so. I have 6 in my family. It seems Earth signs like Taurus are more associated with being stubborn, and I can see that, I know a stubborn Taurus or two. But are water signs stubborn? Or just Cancers? Their opposite Capricorns I have known to be stubborn too, like immovable Earth. But I don't notice Cancers described as stubborn like I see them.

Maybe water's qualities influence the signs being stubborn? Like water is heavy and influential and hard to change. It responds readily to boundaries forcefully placed around it, but you can't change its nature, it will do what it does, it will be what it is. Maybe I just know (by relation) too many Cancers so they seem more stubborn to me, emotional in a way- like guided by emotional responses but not necessarily volatile or labile. But they were born with a nature that cannot be changed, although they can be guided by circumstances and can respond intelligently.

Ironically in this view Fire signs are less stubborn. It's easy to know what to do to affect fire- add fuel to it, deprive it of fuel, or throw a lot of water on it, and it will be affected, it can't help it. It's in its nature to be very reactive and responsive so if you know how to treat it, it is not dominant, it relies heavily on relations within its environment, until it is out of control, which is usually not a good thing. Water is so heavy and stubborn in comparison, it outdoes fire - think about how much fire it takes to overcome water (and turn it to steam)- much more likely the water will put out the fire like rock over scissors. Water signs like Cancer are a hidden (creeping) force, they avoid conflict, but they can have a pervasive influence, can flood or smother or sneak attack by surprise. You think you know who they are, where they stand, then they surprise you and show you they are not so malleable and will always "be themselves" no matter what.

Does that make sense- anyone know Cancers like that?