Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-09-2017, 12:34 PM
Newbie ;)

So these are not your words/beliefs but something you were taught, did you never have questions, is it too late to question now or is it unquestionable? My beliefs are mine, some have been gathered and incorporated but they all must be understood before I make them mine. So what I say may have been said before me but I don't say it till it rings true to me.
When I spoke of evolution, I was referring to the process, change, like this thread. But now that you mention it, the change in the human form can be measured.

Do you not think of the I AM as your parent?

Gone from your future, now that sounds like pride. There is no future, there is only now and now constantly changes. Maybe the memories are there for you to manifest now, not to regret but to build on and share/be that person with others.
Old 28-09-2017, 01:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMView
So these are not your words/beliefs but something you were taught, did you never have questions, is it too late to question now or is it unquestionable? My beliefs are mine, some have been gathered and incorporated but they all must be understood before I make them mine. So what I say may have been said before me but I don't say it till it rings true to me.
When I spoke of evolution, I was referring to the process, change, like this thread. But now that you mention it, the change in the human form can be measured.

Gone from your future, now that sounds like pride. There is no future, there is only now and now constantly changes. Maybe the memories are there for you to manifest now, not to regret but to build on and share/be that person with others.

It is well said that "that which is does not even say I AM".
Old 28-09-2017, 02:51 PM
Master
Some of us would argue there is not death - there is just changing of states - solid to ether, ether to solid.
Old 28-09-2017, 05:02 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
It is well said that "that which is does not even say I AM".

The I Am which I refer is not a sound but an awareness of self, neither passive nor active.

Is your thought that to enjoy life, the less one thinks of themselves the more one gets out of it?
Old 28-09-2017, 05:07 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Some of us would argue there is not death - there is just changing of states - solid to ether, ether to solid.

I don't think it can be argued that death doesn't exist but one can argue that it is misunderstood.

My thought is that consciousness was aware of itself sans the so called physical.
Old 28-09-2017, 09:12 PM
Master
If reading it out of a book is considered being taught then yes I was taught.

In my opinion nothing is unquestionable. I may read something and put off questioning until the end of the chapter, or end of the book, but only if I really like and trust the author. For most authors I will begin to question it whenever the red flags come up. My internal red flags I mean.

I don't think of the I AM at all. It's a mystery that goes beyond thought. I've become aware of it many times before but the awe and wonder has faded for me by this point. I'm not trying to live in awe or bliss, nor am I trying to understand the grand scheme of the cosmos. I'm just trying to live my life and for that I don't need knowledge of the I AM. I pursue knowledge as a hobby.

Ehh. I will stand my ground that there is a future.

Quote:

Old 29-09-2017, 01:21 AM
Experiencer

Most people can barely sit through an hour and a half movie -- 2 hours is stretching it. Such is life and death for humans in this current psycho-physical realm. Death comes from the desire for change.

"Fire is whispering the secret in smoke's ear
This aloe's wood loves me
because I help it live out its purpose

With me, it becomes fragrance
and then disappears
altogether

The knots untie
and open into absence
as you do with me,
my friend

Eaten by flame and
smoked out into the sky

This is most fortunate

What's unlucky is not to change
and disappear

The black soil must crumble
to give itself to plants

Think how sperm and egg become
the smiling face and head

Bread must dissolve
to turn into thought . . ."

~Rumi
Old 29-09-2017, 02:51 PM
Master
Quote:
The I Am which I refer is not a sound but an awareness of self, neither passive nor active.

Is your thought that to enjoy life, the less one thinks of themselves the more one gets out of it?

My interpretation of "I AM" is similarly "the awareness of self" EXACTLY as you described it.

My experience is that, when one transcends the little, separatist, self-created, mental-prison often referred to as the ego, one has the direct experience of unitary consciousness (for lack of better words) and one intuitively sees the "Big Picture" (so to speak) and acts quite naturally in the best interests of all without an expectation of a return. That --- to me --- is the "I AM" (not verbal) experience of the totality where, naturally, "the less one thinks of themselves, the more one gets out of it". When I surrender to THAT, things ALWAYS work out for the best ... ultimately...for all involved whereas, when I rely on the little separatist mindset, things are not always that positive.
Old 29-09-2017, 04:27 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
If reading it out of a book is considered being taught then yes I was taught.

In my opinion nothing is unquestionable. I may read something and put off questioning until the end of the chapter, or end of the book, but only if I really like and trust the author. For most authors I will begin to question it whenever the red flags come up. My internal red flags I mean.

I don't think of the I AM at all. It's a mystery that goes beyond thought. I've become aware of it many times before but the awe and wonder has faded for me by this point. I'm not trying to live in awe or bliss, nor am I trying to understand the grand scheme of the cosmos. I'm just trying to live my life and for that I don't need knowledge of the I AM. I pursue knowledge as a hobby.

Ehh. I will stand my ground that there is a future.

I understand.
Old 29-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherBob
Most people can barely sit through an hour and a half movie -- 2 hours is stretching it. Such is life and death for humans in this current psycho-physical realm. Death comes from the desire for change.

"Fire is whispering the secret in smoke's ear
This aloe's wood loves me
because I help it live out its purpose

With me, it becomes fragrance
and then disappears
altogether

The knots untie
and open into absence
as you do with me,
my friend

Eaten by flame and
smoked out into the sky

This is most fortunate

What's unlucky is not to change
and disappear

The black soil must crumble
to give itself to plants

Think how sperm and egg become
the smiling face and head

Bread must dissolve
to turn into thought . . ."

~Rumi

Not sure what you mean by this sentence, "Death comes from the desire for change." It could be said that death and change have similarities but when you say "the desire for change" I don't know what you mean, I don't think life desires to change but that life itself is change and not to change is death. What is lost is the fact that something is, at the same time, experiencing these concepts and is apart from them.

I think Rumi's poem refers to death after the fact and not where did it come from. I like his thinking.