Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 26-01-2017, 04:25 AM
Experiencer

I Ching anyone???

Hey all, good t be back, happy 2017 hopefully for you all...
Does anyone much here use I Ching for divination?? Seems to be vastly less popular than tarot but I started on it quite by accident recently (that is if you believe in accidents...).
I have always been very sceptical about tarot apps and programming and never bothered with them, I can't see the link whereby electronic tarot cards would be effective like the real ones are but I gave a couple of I Ching apps a go. Have found them to be incredible, I have hit such a learning curve since chancing upon this method. Anyone else into these?????
Old 19-05-2017, 12:51 PM
Seeker

Hi there,
I know this is an older post.. too bad. I love I-Ching as a divination tool, used it a lot a few years back. No, it isn't common, but there are some great kits out there and I find the tool to be very accurate.
My personal favorite though, is Runes.
Cheers!
Old 21-07-2017, 11:01 PM
Newbie ;)

Yijing has been my main divination method for a year. (I spell it Yijing to avoid pronouncing it as "Eye Ching"!) I choose the hexagram with coins or via online reading. Computers use binary, and Yijing seems to be compatible with computers.

For Yijing translations and commentary, I use Margaret J. Pearson's The Original I Ching book and LiSe's work at yijing.nl. Pearson's book is good at explaining cultural and historical matters related to each hexagram. The commentary is image-centric, so it takes a bird's eye view on each hexagram. LiSe's commentary goes into details, into every line of Yijing. Both translators seem to have practical experience with Yijing.

You don't need to buy a Yijing kit, unless you want to use such. I use decades old Finnish coins. The Finnish marks were later replaced with euros, so they have no monetary value. But my grandparents collected some coins in a box (for future use?), and they are way cute!
Old 26-07-2017, 05:24 AM
Experiencer

I'll check in to those, thanks for the tip!
I am an old school guy through and through, I am so old fashioned that I still pay for things with cash, do I like the ritual of tossing the coins but for reasons of practicality find the apps a lot more convenient. Found one where you tap the screen to cast the coins, which does appear to be, judging by the responses, energetically authentic.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:09 AM
Seeker
I too enJOY throwing the I Ching. I have even used pennies. I also read a daily hexagram online. As with my card readings the I Ching Never disappoints and is spot on !!
Old 05-08-2017, 04:46 AM
Newbie ;)

I have never used I-ching
Old 09-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
I have been casting and studying the, "I Ching" for over twenty-five years. I know the hexagrams and the moving lines inside-and-out. I use the traditional coins and sometimes pennies if that's all I've got around me. I have not, however, used yarrow stalks though my father always did.

It has become a true friend and confidante to me at certain times in my life (including now). I've found its advice to be quite accurate much of the time.

I practice other methods of divination, but if I choose to use a divinatory 'tool' -- I find I most often reach for the, "I Ching".

I like the one by Sam Reifler, "I Ching: A New Interpretation For Modern Times." It was my mother who first got me using it and who also introduced me to this particular translation. Online-wise, the translation/text of James DeKorne's, "The Gnostic I Ching" rules. It's very 'heavy' though and so, perhaps, is not for beginners -- unless you are an especially ambitious one! ;-)
Old 30-06-2020, 04:02 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincar-Nation
Hey all, good t be back, happy 2017 hopefully for you all...
Does anyone much here use I Ching for divination?? Seems to be vastly less popular than tarot but I started on it quite by accident recently (that is if you believe in accidents...).
I have always been very sceptical about tarot apps and programming and never bothered with them, I can't see the link whereby electronic tarot cards would be effective like the real ones are but I gave a couple of I Ching apps a go. Have found them to be incredible, I have hit such a learning curve since chancing upon this method. Anyone else into these?????
there are I ching oracle cards if you like tarot and such --- I have the Tao Oracle by Ma Deva Padma
Old 07-08-2020, 03:15 PM
Seeker

I am self studying the Gene Keys, which use the IChing as a base :) can highly recommend it.
Old 28-08-2020, 05:30 PM
Experiencer
I do have a I Ching kit with special coins and a book, I did buy another book. It's been few years now that I haven't used I Ching. It was pretty cool, but having to always look in the book for the answers isn't really the best for me. The wisdom sometimes is a bit difficult to apply to a specific matter.
But this post makes me want to try again ;)

"The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for.” -Fyodor Dostoyevsky

"Treat others the same way you want them to treat you." (Master Yeshua)