Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 10-12-2015, 10:53 AM
Master

I think the healing abilities need to already be in you in order for the attunement to work. Reiki just opens something up when the person is ready. It is sort of an awkening in that sense. The attunements work by intention even if the master screws it up. I did know of a case of a girl who was attuned to all 3 levels but never felt a thing. She was also the most manipulative person I ever knew and she wanted reiki for power. A very unusual example I know.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:51 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
I think the healing abilities need to already be in you in order for the attunement to work. Reiki just opens something up when the person is ready. It is sort of an awkening in that sense. The attunements work by intention even if the master screws it up. I did know of a case of a girl who was attuned to all 3 levels but never felt a thing. She was also the most manipulative person I ever knew and she wanted reiki for power. A very unusual example I know.

As we learn - the ability to healing is something we are all born with, and the Reiki attunement 'tunes' us in to it, true. There are many healing modalities; some requiring attunements from others, some whereby you can attune yourself ...and even with Reiki, I sometimes wonder, if we are all born with the ability to heal - why does another person need to awaken it. It's just something I ponder from time to time. Anyway ...yes, intention is the key ...my point was being - if the intention was not there, if the teacher's mind was dwelling on something else who would know?? Also -the student has to want & accept the attunement as well - it can be rejected you know.

As for the person who wanted Reiki for 'power' - Reiki cannot be used to do harm - so I'm not sure what 'power' this person thought they were harnessing ...I can only hope that by attuning to Reiki, their own demons were eventually healed.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverSpice
As we learn - the ability to healing is something we are all born with, and the Reiki attunement 'tunes' us in to it, true. There are many healing modalities; some requiring attunements from others, some whereby you can attune yourself ...and even with Reiki, I sometimes wonder, if we are all born with the ability to heal - why does another person need to awaken it. It's just something I ponder from time to time. Anyway ...yes, intention is the key ...my point was being - if the intention was not there, if the teacher's mind was dwelling on something else who would know?? Also -the student has to want & accept the attunement as well - it can be rejected you know.

As for the person who wanted Reiki for 'power' - Reiki cannot be used to do harm - so I'm not sure what 'power' this person thought they were harnessing ...I can only hope that by attuning to Reiki, their own demons were eventually healed.

I dont really believe we are all born with the ability to heal. I think some of us are meant to be healers and if we are on the right path then we will hear the calling. It is something in the soul, also an intention from the heart to do it. Getting a reiki attunement would be the same as anything else. Seeing a tv program, picking up a book, meeting someone may or may not spark something in you and wake you up to something. With reiki, For the person who has the soul calling, it will work for them because they are in line with what they are supposed to be doing in this incarnation. For someone else, they could just be testing it and their heart may not be in it and it'would not work for them. Unfortunately for the person who wanted reiki for'power that was an extremely rare case and as I understood this'person was dark. She wont heal. The intention was not good. Hope that makes more sense for you.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:10 AM
Knower
Quote:
I dont really believe we are all born with the ability to heal. I think some of us are meant to be healers and if we are on the right path then we will hear the calling. It is something in the soul, also an intention from the heart to do it. Getting a reiki attunement would be the same as anything else. Seeing a tv program, picking up a book, meeting someone may or may not spark something in you and wake you up to something. With reiki, For the person who has the soul calling, it will work for them because they are in line with what they are supposed to be doing in this incarnation. For someone else, they could just be testing it and their heart may not be in it and it' would not work for them. Unfortunately for the person who wanted Reiki for power that was an extremely rare case and as I understood this person was dark. She wont heal. The intention was not good. Hope that makes more sense for you.

True enough - if a person does not wish to heal, they will not ...but I do believe that Reiki cannot be used for darkness, so if this person did not really want to heal her/himself, then Reiki will be useless to them until they do ...and who knows, perhaps down the road...

I however disagree; I do believe we all are born with an innate power to heal ...I entirely believe this. You must remember, we heal ourselves - not another person. We - by sharing/giving Reiki, are not the healer. We are only the healer of ourselves ...each one of us. Giving Reiki to another allows them to heal themselves - we are not healing them. So yes, if we choose, we are all indeed healers of thyself.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:25 AM
Pathfinder

Whether or not we're all healers, Reiki is there in everyone, according to the theory. Attunements clear out energy paths, open up some chakras more (including palm chakras), and implant symbols in you hands, etc.

But theoretically we can all increase energy flow with exercises, meditation, etc

Reiki seems to improve that.

There are teachers who say all you have to do is be receptive to it.

My live attunement sure made it all better suddenly.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:41 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Reiki does not usually feel 'out of the ordinary' ...Reiki is subtle and gentle ...its effect slowly seep in and it is over days or weeks that you begin to notice changes ...you handle pressure better, you feel more in harmony with your life ...you feel a sense of wellbeing and peace ...this is often how Reiki works

...a far as being encouraged to question whether an attunement worked ...if this is something you(or 'they') feel needs changing ...then strive towards that goal. If you (or 'they') feel an attunement needs to be challenged from time to time - challenge it ...I had doubts with my level 1 attunement - I think we all do ...patience and practice but sure, use your independent mind and challenge it if that is what you(or 'they') need ...although I am not sure how one would challenge it??

But you know how people describe simply fantastic experiences...

I'm like a poor sibling in the department. LOL
Old 11-12-2015, 08:10 AM
Master

Quote:
True enough - if a person does not wish to heal, they will not ...but I do believe that Reiki cannot be used for darkness, so if this person did not really want to heal her/himself, then Reiki will be useless to them until they do ...and who knows, perhaps down the road...

I however disagree; I do believe we all are born with an innate power to heal ...I entirely believe this. You must remember, we heal ourselves - not another person. We - by sharing/giving Reiki, are not the healer. We are only the healer of ourselves ...each one of us. Giving Reiki to another allows them to heal themselves - we are not healing them. So yes, if we choose, we are all indeed healers of thyself.

I believe we r born with the ability to heal ourselves perhaps if we listen to our intuition. I was not talking about that, I am talking about healing others. Not all souls are meant to do this work. This is why not everyone has that calling. A soul would need to be very evolved to do this well. The heart chakra needs to be very open.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Knower
Quote:
I believe we r born with the ability to heal ourselves perhaps if we listen to our intuition. I was not talking about that, I am talking about healing others. Not all souls are meant to do this work. This is why not everyone has that calling. A soul would need to be very evolved to do this well. The heart chakra needs to be very open.

I agree with that but this is not what Reiki is ...Reiki does not allow us to heal others, only ourselves ...WE are not doing the healing, each person - those we apply Reiki to - and ourselves - we each are healing ourselves via Reiki energy. When you give a Reiki session to a client, YOU are not healing them - they are healing themselves with the Reiki you channel ...Reiki is different from other modalities in that way.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:02 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don63
But you know how people describe simply fantastic experiences...

I'm like a poor sibling in the department. LOL

I missed this Don63 ...yes, some people do but that seems to be more the exception than the rule ...I have heard of 'miracles' but mostly Reiki is gentle and subtle ...as I have experienced and learned anyway - I am sure there are many unique experiences out there however.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Master

Quote:
I agree with that but this is not what Reiki is ...Reiki does not allow us to heal others, only ourselves ...WE are not doing the healing, each person - those we apply Reiki to - and ourselves - we each are healing ourselves via Reiki energy. When you give a Reiki session to a client, YOU are not healing them - they are healing themselves with the Reiki you channel ...Reiki is different from other modalities in that way.

Correct we are the channelers of healing energy to be precise. The client accepts the healing energy but they are not channeling it. Its the same with all forms of energy healing not just reiki. Reiki practioners as well as other energy workers often call themselves healers and perhaps its because they often mix it with other things like crystal healing, guidance, color therapy, etc.