Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 18-07-2012, 01:22 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
. Screening tests save lives as well. Im pretty sure the articles about the prostate screening tests, talked about a specific test. They did not say "screening doesnt save lives". What doctor in their right mind would say "looking for problems doesnt save lives"?

<snip>

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/07/18/mammography-rates-decline.aspx?e_cid=20120718_DNL_artNew_1

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 31-01-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old 18-07-2012, 01:42 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time

The same thing goes for advocates of natrual medicine. They ignore the benefits of certain innoculations or tests that can literally save problems down the road. Anti biotics save millions of lives from pnumonia alone every year.

Actually, your problem, and the problem with the primary ways of thinking today, is this focus on "medicine" as though it's the go-to for good health...

Roll the tape back a bit and focus instead on doing right by our body, to begin with, and this whole thing about "medicine" becomes largely irreverent!

Medicine is a symptom of failure... it's a sign that we've let our bodies go to the point where we're now trying to apply chemicals to do what the body is ready to do on it's own. Most folks are terribly unfamiliar with the damage being caused by using Antibiotics... Antibiotics are cross-platform destroyers... they tend to kill everything, not just the target... leaving the body in poor shape to deal with what's coming next. The more we rely on Antibiotics the deeper the problem becomes...

I turned a friend on locally to kefir.... he's had many years of health problems that were truly debilitating. He's carried around a large bag of medicines wherever he goes... after several months of kefir he has cut these in half, and yesterday he told me he no longer has allergies... usually this time a year he would constantly be ingesting antihistamines... now, not even a sniffle... same for my wife, horrible allergies, add a good diet and kefir, now nothing....

Medicine is so overplayed, so under performing, and often so ridiculous on the face of it, that to lean into it in any way is to admit a specific level of ignorance... an ignorance that we've all shared and that we now need to undo....
Old 18-07-2012, 05:00 PM
sesheta

I always find it amazing how intricately the mind & body are linked, and how we can literally "think ourselves sick"! A perfect example is one of my aunts:

She suffered from horrible migraines for many years, trying many different medications, etc. to try to alleviate them. Finally, she saw her doctor (again) because nothing was working - she still got the migraines.....
The doctor (very wisely, I think!) finally looked her in the eye and told her flat out: "you know what - you're doing it to yourself! You're giving yourself the migraines!" and he refused to give her anything else for them.
On the way home, she finally realized that the doctor was right - the only thing causing her migraines was her stress level, and the way she allowed herself to react (or over-react) to things around her. So she firmly told herself that she wasn't going to allow it anymore......and she has never, to this day, had another migraine since :)
Old 18-07-2012, 05:12 PM
sesheta

Ice Pick Headaches

Now, after my post above about my aunt's migraines, maybe someone can help me with this:

While I rarely get headaches, and have never had a migraine, I do suffer occassionally "ice-pick headaches". I can go months without experiencing it, then suddenly have it occur almost non-stop for 1-2 days straight.
If anyone else out there has had, or does get, these, and has figured out how to stop it (without medication!) I would be really grateful :) I have tried everything from drinking more water, to getting more rest; popping Tylenol, etc.....nothing gets rid of it once they start.....
Here's an article about it for those who may not know what it is:

http://www.severe-headache-expert.co...-headache.html
Old 19-07-2012, 04:59 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
If anyone else out there has had, or does get, these, and has figured out how to stop it (without medication!) I would be really grateful :)

It's possible that you have a magnesium deficiency... don't feel alone, most everyone does! :^)

First... here's a great page on the subject of migraines! Mandi has a story to tell and some great recommendations along the way! I'm not big on the vegan aspects, but as a temporary "treatment" the vegan angle has merits.

http://chicvegan.com/how-i-virtually-eliminated-migraines-naturally/

Now to magnesium.... My wife and I have been using this cool magnesium product...

Angstrom Liquid Magnesium
http://www.healthshop101.com/magnesium.html

Here's the page explaining what Angstrom is:
http://www.healthshop101.com/angstrom-liquid-minerals.html

We were having some trouble with cramping (charlie horses) when stretching in the morning and found this little gem which brought the cramping to an end. I gave some to a friend of ours who has had serious cramping problems as well and he now swears by it!

Magnesium deficiency is also relevant to headaches... I discovered all this via Carolyn Dean's MD ND insight. The above magnesium is the same one she takes. She wrote the book "The Magnesium Miracle" http://drcarolyndean.com/magnesium_miracle/

Magnesium, in this form, is really the only supplement that I take on a regular basis.... You may want to give it a try for both the reason of headaches and a large list of other potential issues that comes with Magnesium deficiency! :^)
Old 19-07-2012, 05:35 AM
Rin

Quote:
I always find it amazing how intricately the mind & body are linked, and how we can literally "think ourselves sick"! A perfect example is one of my aunts:

She suffered from horrible migraines for many years, trying many different medications, etc. to try to alleviate them. Finally, she saw her doctor (again) because nothing was working - she still got the migraines.....
The doctor (very wisely, I think!) finally looked her in the eye and told her flat out: "you know what - you're doing it to yourself! You're giving yourself the migraines!" and he refused to give her anything else for them.
On the way home, she finally realized that the doctor was right - the only thing causing her migraines was her stress level, and the way she allowed herself to react (or over-react) to things around her. So she firmly told herself that she wasn't going to allow it anymore......and she has never, to this day, had another migraine since :)
In the 1960's already there was the awareness in the medical profession (!) that 80% of hospital beds, give or take 10% depending on study and interpretation, are occupied by people whose illness does not originate in the physical.
What have they done about it? Very little. Health care and hospitals are a cash cow.
Old 19-07-2012, 05:53 AM
sesheta

To StephenK

Thanks Stephen :)
Actually the magnesium may be a key! I've mentioned blackstrap molasses before, and it is high in magnesium....I have noticed that one day I had a bit of a headache - I took a big spoonful of the molasses - and the headache went away (though that wasn't why I had taken the molasses!)
I will remember that, and try slugging some of my blackstrap molasses when I feel the ice-pick headaches start....
If that cures it, I'll be a very, very happy camper :)
They really are horrible....and, like the article I posted mentioned, I do actually wince every time one hits! At least with an ordinary headache, you can somewhat get used to it, because it's a constant pain....with these ice-pick headaches, you never know when the next "ping" will hit: you can go 5-10 minutes without getting one, so you start to relax, then BANG! Very stressful......
Fingers crossed that the magnesium does the trick....glad I don't get these very often :)
Old 20-07-2012, 02:47 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Thanks Stephen :)
Actually the magnesium may be a key! I've mentioned blackstrap molasses before, and it is high in magnesium....I have noticed that one day I had a bit of a headache - I took a big spoonful of the molasses - and the headache went away (though that wasn't why I had taken the molasses!)
I will remember that, and try slugging some of my blackstrap molasses when I feel the ice-pick headaches start....

My wife and I thought we were on to something as well when we focused on blackstrap molasses... we tried it for awhile but it didn't seem to resolve the need for quality magnesium... it doesn't seem to be an optimum delivery mechanism. It wasn't until we shifted to a product called "Calm" ( a powdered form created by a holistic health-minded guy) and then we discovered the Angstrom Liquid Magnesium!

The problem with "calm" is that you still have to "digest" it in order for it to do it's thing, and if you take too much it will give you diarrhea... while this isn't the problem at all with the Angstrom version. The cool thing about Angstrom is that it's been broken down to the point where it coasts directly into the cell wall unimpeded by size, so no digestion required, and no concerns about getting too much.

With molasses our problems remained, but as soon as we started using "Calm" it was like "snap", the problems went away very quickly. This told us that the magnesium in blackstrap was not very bio available while the other two did the deed amazingly well!

And if you are magnesium deficient (like roughly 90% of people are) then you'll be wanting a steady form of safe exposure to correct this problem.. blackstrap is heavily processed while the other two that I mentioned are pretty much the straight stuff.... you can try the blackstrap for awhile but if you're looking for other options I highly recommend that you look into these really good alternatives! :^)
Old 20-07-2012, 05:38 PM
sesheta

Yeah, I know molasses is a processed sugar, but it's so yummy :) I also really like the brand I use, which is gluten-free, wheat-free, and has the following daily allowances per one simple tablespoon!:

Potassium - 11%
Calcium - 15%
Iron - 20%
Magnesium - 20%
Copper - 10%
Manganese - 20%
Old 20-07-2012, 10:51 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Yeah, I know molasses is a processed sugar, but it's so yummy :)

The good news is that it's very, very low on the glycemic index! I'm glad you brought this up for a number of reasons... most of those having to do with minerals. :^) The only complication that I currently see is potentially to do with it's iron content. The only reason this came to mind is because I've been running across this more and more recently... it may be an issue that only us older folks need to concern ourselves with, but it's still worth a mention...

-----------------
http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20000228/high-iron-levels-identified-in-brains-of-alzheimers-patients

<snip>
---------------

Now on to the good stuff! Here's an article from the Natural News web site that's almost down right giddy over the use of Blackstrap molasses (unsulphered).... There's more to the article than I'm posting but the rest is equally favorable! :^)

http://www.naturalnews.com/026296_molasses_health_sugar.html

How Molasses is Made

<snip>

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 31-01-2013 at 12:17 AM.