Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

Old 07-01-2012, 11:00 AM
mattie

No LW Diet

I completely disagree that there is one type of diet that is a LW’s diet. This may stem from Virtue’s own issues. I saw a picture of her where I was surprised at how much weight she had gained from previous pictures of I had seen. A vegetarian diet may be what works for her, but it doesn’t mean that this is what works for everyone.

Different people thrive on different types of foods.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:03 AM
mattie

Many Things To Look At With Diets

Some nutrients such as lycopene in tomatoes are only accessible when the tomatoes are cooked.

There are allot of things to be vigilant about in having a healthy diet. Preservatives, hydrogenated fats, & artificial ingredients are worth cutting down on. Consuming the right types of oils is also an issue.

If raw is what works for you, that's great.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:05 AM
mattie

Small Amount Of Meat Useful

In a complementary medicine magazine a recent study found the healthiest group was ones that ate a modest amount of meat products.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Master
The macrobiotic diet proposed by Michio Kushi contains only about 10% protein, mostly from pulses and soy products plus some fish. The remainder is about 40% grains [mostly rice] and 40% vegetables [including sea veg] and the remainder - fruit.
Central to the whole concept is the variety of cooking methods and the yin/yang balance achieved by choice and preparation of the food. One essential is cooking over a flame only [adds to the life force of the food], never on an electric hob or microwave.
I did some training years back at the Kushi Centre in central London. Some of the diet I still keep to.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritmessenger
I have gone onto an all raw food diet and it's wonderful...veg, fruits, nuts, seeds, pulses. You get everything you need.... plus you can loose weight eat as much as you like, it's quick and easy and it's so so good for the body. It naturally detoxes the body of free radicals and chemicals, so your body can work more like it was deigned to do.

After years of eating cooked food fish, meat, dairy, junk food, chemicals thats added, our body organs just slow down trying to work digesting all the rubbish we eat. Any thing we eat that is processed/ cooked looses most of it's nutrients, it's dead food that clogs up our organs and archeries. Thats why we grow old, tired and fat before our time. The problem is all our cultures have taught us how we should eat so it's in us from babies, that's why most people can't get their head around eating anything raw.
After going raw I don't suffer from mood swings, depression, I take no tablets at all for my fibromyalgia or anything else I have more energy....plus it's all light food, meaning it has the sunshine, vitamins, minerals from the ground all natures gifts, spiritual food, meaning no animals have suffered.
Do some research on the net about raw food diets and the benefits.

A brilliant post. Well done!

(Nuts, seeds and fruits esp. berries raise the spiritual vibration of the body, so the more of these foods you can work into your diet the better.)

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 07-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally posted by knightofalbion
A brilliant post. Well done!

(Nuts, seeds and fruits esp. berries raise the spiritual vibration of the body, so the more of these foods you can work into your diet the better.)

Thank you Knightofalbion
And thank you for adding the bit about raising the vibrations of the body. It was rather late when I answered the post and I was tired and forgot to mention how food effects our vibrations.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally posted by Rom
The best advice is to listen to what your body wants. You guides may say one thing but the decision ultimately rests with you. Don't feel pressured to make a decision you will regret later on.

How many people actually listen to their bodies? Or know how too...When our bodies talk it's normally with pain or illness so what do we do? we go to the doctors where upon he/she prescribe more medicines that mask the symptoms...not actually curing anything, whiles putting more pressure on our system to cope with even more chemicals.

This happened to me for years...it wasn't until my guides actually threw a piece of dried bread at me from a great hight that just missed my head ....whiles I was in the ruins of Glastonbury Abby a "very spiritual site in the uk" that I got the message. I was feeling awful....no energy, couldn't think strait or concentrate on anything for long, diarrhea among other things.

The message I felt was telling me to clean out my system...and the Abby.. Monks eat very plain food. So I had the thought of looking up on the net wheat allergy which then took me to gluten allergy. Every symptom that I had was all there. Next trip to the doctor who took blood test which came back negative, but every time I eat anything with wheat or gluten in it, the symptoms are back.

Now if it hadn't been for my guides bringing my attention to the bread, I wouldn't have known and the doctor wouldn't have helped by giving me more chemicals for diarrhea. Which then pushed me to look at the rest of my diet...I haven't eaten meat for years because it gives me bad constipation and stomach pains....it rots in the stomach, plus I refuse to eat anything that causes suffering in anyway to any other creature on this planet, period, especially when I can get everything my body needs from mother nature. I feel better now than I've felt for years.
The animals that you consume get all the nutrients they need from the vegetation they eat so can we...but we have more choice than them

Old 07-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally posted by feralfae
I'm vegetarian. I feel really, really yucky when I I eat meat. Plus, I'm not the biggest fan of factory farms, either. That being said, I know that different diets work for different people -- I know some people who get as messed up by not eating meat as I do by eating meat. But lately, I've felt drawn to adopt a raw foods diet, perhaps only as a temporary detox. Spirit, do you have any good resources on that?

Here's a few links that are worth a look.
http://www.rawfoodlife.com/

New ways to see food.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmJme9yjLqU

This is about vitamins all of which you can get in raw food but are mostly lost when food is cooked, that's why everything that is processed has add vitamins and minerals as well as other chemicals and additives in it.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-t...bout-vitamins/

Old 07-01-2012, 08:27 PM
feralfae

Thank you SO much, Spirit!
Old 07-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Knower
Your welcome