Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-10-2012, 02:33 AM
Suspended
Guide

meeting psychic after suicide attempt

Someone's first experience with a psychic was after he met one in a hospital room after a suicide attempt. The psychic worked as a volunteer to watch over patients in this type of situation. She opened him to a side he never believed in. My question is do you think he was meant to meet this psychic to open him up to this? I hate to say that he was meant to have a suicide attempt. What do you think? Do you think some people are meant to have suicide attempts?
Old 28-10-2012, 03:46 AM
Master
It very well could be a sign of providence (the protective care of God or of nature as a spiritual power). What happens to us is often said to have only the meaning we give to it - so, I think that the more we tend to believe that kindness and goodness are predominant in the 'spirit' world / invisible world, the more we just seem to be 'led' to certain experiences / people / etc.

Old 28-10-2012, 04:01 AM
Master
I just wanted to say, too, that people so often misunderstand the motives and actions behind one who tries or commits suicide (because others have been known to say they believe it's a 'selfish' act). It is likely that because of their sensitivities and their belief that the world ought to be a good place - should be a much better place than it seems to be for them, anyway - so, one way or the other, they are led to a place where they can see things clearer than where they were/are. That's my take on it, anyway.

Old 28-10-2012, 04:06 AM
Suspended
Guide

Thanks Silvergirl.

This is a different person than the person I wrote about. Coincidentally, I received this email after I wrote this post.

"We're supposed to have a major weather problem here for like a week.

But I wish I would die in it... I have no reason to live suffering with this ___ (a complication from surgery he had) ****. I cannot even sleep. I'm drained, tired, and have no reason for living any more.

I won't last long so I hope something happens, and I end up on the other side. I've been thinking what life is like after "living" .... it's an interesting topic."

He lives in another state. I know him from an online forum dealing with a medical condition he has. Physical suffering is different form mental suffering although he now has both. I do not know how to convince him to want to live in pain. He is 21 years old.
Old 28-10-2012, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator
Sometimes Grace comes. It often comes when we have been purged in some way by something which has stripped away a layer of our ego, either temporarily, or permanently. Very often experiences of intense emotion, agony, or surrender purge like this, especially if they take us close to places of spiritual experience where people rarely go who are more concerned with physical reality. This can come about by being near "death" sometimes.

At times like that, if a Grace comes it can be because a shining part of the person's Soul has suddenly emerged from their experience as something has been stripped (or cleansed) away. When that happens, strange (apparent co-incidences and synchronicities often occur, and what we call Blessings. These things are sudden glimpses into finer "higher" levels of consciousness, or states of Being. At those levels, being "alone" is shown to the Soul as being an illusion. We share, and will always share with other Beings. A single isolated entity is an illusion. The truth is there really is no separation-we share with so many Beings. On higher levels we become conscious and aware of that.

The suicide attempt purged something away, and opened channels of energy because it came close to the edges of what we call "life" and 3d reality. That could either close up again, and the previous level of despair encountered again, or the blessing can be noticed and used as a stepping-stone to realizing the potential of the soul to learn there are gateways to other realities within the Soul, and can be realized while alive on the physical plane.
Old 28-10-2012, 04:48 AM
Henri77

His age is irrevalent.
Some have completed their earthly mission as children.
Many many souls are leaving at this time in earths history. This should be obvious from the TV news.

Anyway, your orig question.
Are some meant to attempt suicide.... No idea
I'm not big on the "meant to" concept... but who can say.

Dannion Brinkley was a cruel heartless bully. Being struck by lightning and his NDE changed his life. Was it meant to happen? . who can say,

But it benefited his soul and all those he's helped since.

That meeting this psychic benefited the young man is wonderful... I'd leave it at that, personally.
Old 28-10-2012, 04:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle
Thanks Silvergirl.

This is a different person than the person I wrote about. Coincidentally, I received this email after I wrote this post.

"We're supposed to have a major weather problem here for like a week.

But I wish I would die in it... I have no reason to live suffering with this ___ (a complication from surgery he had) ****. I cannot even sleep. I'm drained, tired, and have no reason for living any more.

I won't last long so I hope something happens, and I end up on the other side. I've been thinking what life is like after "living" .... it's an interesting topic."

He lives in another state. I know him from an online forum dealing with a medical condition he has. Physical suffering is different form mental suffering although he now has both. I do not know how to convince him to want to live in pain. He is 21 years old.

If you love and care for him, you have to respect where this person is at. And then go from there. Ask/pray for help and guidance in what to say (or not say) to this person. You accepting his pain, his state of mind / heart will probably be something he will make note of even if it isn't outwardly acknowledged.

When we simply show love and respect for where a person is at, it may not show in their behavior but I'm confident that it 'registers' in their hearts/minds/psyches. And I think in return, they will silently return the favor, which will nourish them spiritually. This takes faith.

Old 28-10-2012, 05:05 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle
Someone's first experience with a psychic was after he met one in a hospital room after a suicide attempt. The psychic worked as a volunteer to watch over patients in this type of situation. She opened him to a side he never believed in. My question is do you think he was meant to meet this psychic to open him up to this? I hate to say that he was meant to have a suicide attempt. What do you think? Do you think some people are meant to have suicide attempts?
Did the hospital 'employ' this person in the role as a psychic? If not then she has overstepped the boundaries and behaved unethically by bringing in her own opinion, beliefs and practices, even if the patient started the topic.

Unless psychic feedback to patients is included in her brief anything deriving from her psychic actions needs to be discarded, including any comments about its merits.
Old 28-10-2012, 05:18 AM
Master
Good point, Rin. I wondered about that myself.

Old 28-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Master
twinkle... I don't know anything about what is 'meant to be'... but I notice that bad things often lead to good things.

Xan