Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Closed Thread

Old 29-10-2017, 08:18 AM
FrankieJG

[quote=sky123]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJG
Oopz..Sorry then..

YOU ARE CLEARLY BEING MISGUIDED TOO.

BUDDHA SAKYAMUNI WAS NOT A GOD. HE HIMSELF SAID THAT. A BUDDHA IS A TEACHER. BUDDHA IS A TEACHER TO ALL UNIVERSAL BEINGS IN EVERY REALM. MEANING HE IS POWERFUL THAN ANY GOD.IT IS NOT MY OPINION. IT IS A FACT. GODS WORSHIPED HIM. EVEN TODAY GODS WORSHIP HIS NAME.

EVERYONE IS IN SAMSARA DEAR. THERE IS NO PLACE IN THIS UNIVERSE WHICH DOES NOT GET AFFECTED BY THE UNIVERSAL LAW OF IMPERMANENCE.

SEE FOR YOUR SELF AFTER YOU ARE BEING CROSSED OVER ONE DAY. SEE WHETHER YOU ARE STILL IN THE SAMSARA OR WHETHER YOU ARE CEASED FROM IT.
FOR NOW LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT IT.[/QUOTE

Buddha comes from the Sanskrit word ' Bodhi ' and means ' the awakened one '
not a teacher.

Yes you are absolutely right. Buddha/Bodhi stands for the awakened one. But there are 8 other terms to define a Buddha .

http://www.thabarwa.org/9-qualities-of-buddha/

That Blessed One is such since He is (1) Accomplished, (2) Perfectly Enlightened, (3)Endowed with knowledge and Conduct or Practice, (4) Well-gone or Well-
spoken,
(5) The Knower of worlds, (6) the Guide Unsurpassed of men to be tamed, (7) the Teacher of all universal beings , (8) Enlightened, and (9) Blessed.

(1) Araham

The Buddha is depicted as an Arahant in five aspects, namely :

(a) He has discarded all defilements;
(b) He has suppressed all the enemies connected with the eradication of defilements;
(c) He destroyed the spokes of the wheel of existence
(d) He is worthy of being given offerings and paid homage;

He withheld no secrets in his character or in his teachings.

Buddha was the greatest figure in human life perfect, infallible, blameless and spotless.

At the foot of the Bodhi tree, He conquered all evil and attained the highest stage of sanctity. He put an end to all sufferings with His attainment of Nibbana. He was the World Honoured One so worthy of homage in all respects. His teaching contains no mysteries or secrets and is like an open book for all to come and see.

(2) Sammasambuddho

The Buddha was designated as Sammasambuddha because He comprehended the existence of the world in its proper perspective and He discovered the four Noble Truths through His own comprehension. Born a Prince, He renounced the world and strove for six long years seeking enlightenment. During this period, He approached all the renowned Teachers of the day and tried all the methods His Teachers could teach Him. Having achieved the attainment even equivalent to that of His teachers, He still could not find the elusive goal of enlightenment. Finally, basing His research on rational understanding and treading a middle path, thus departing from the traditional way of legendary religious beliefs and practices, He found the final solution to the universal problems of unsatisfactoriness, conflict and disappointments (Dukkha). He discovered the Law of Dependent Origination – the Law of Cause and Effect which He assessed as the reality of the world, thereby becoming the Supreme Enlightened One.

(3) Vijja-Carana Sampanno

This term ‘Vijja-Carana Sampanno’, meant that the Buddha was endowed with perfect clear vision and exemplary good conduct. It has two significant aspects as indicated in the threefold knowledge and eightfold wisdom. The threefold knowledge is listed as follows:-

(a) Firstly, the Buddha could recall His past births and trace back His previous existence as well as that of others.
(b) Secondly, apart from being able to recount the past, He had the unique foresight of being able to see into the future and visualized the whole universe at any single moment.
(c) Thirdly, He had that deep penetrating knowledge pertaining to Arahanthood.

On the eightfold wisdom, The Buddha was listed as having the unique gift of insight, the power of performing supernormal feats, a divine ear, the power of reading other’s thoughts, various physical powers, ability to recollect past births, a divine eye, and exquisite knowledge
pertaining to a life of serene holiness.

(4) Sugato

The Buddha was also designated as Sugato which meant that His path is good, the destination is excellent and the words and methods used to show the path are harmless and blameless. The Buddha’s path to the attainment of bliss is correct and pure, uncurving, direct and certain.

His words are sublime and infallible. Many welknown historians and great scientists have commented that the only religious teaching which has remained unchallenged by science and free-thinkers is the Buddha-word.

(5) Lokavidu

The term Lokovidu is applied to the Buddha as the one with exquisite knowledge of the world.

The Master had experienced, known and penetrated into all aspects of worldly life physical as well as spiritual.

He was the first to make the observation that there were thousands of world systems in the universe.

He was the first to declare that the world was nothing but conceptual.

In His words, it is regarded pointless to speculate on the origin and the end of the world or universe. He was of the view that the origin of the world, its cessation and the path to the cessation thereof is to be found within the fathom long body-the human being with its perceptions and consciousness.

(6) Anuttaro Purisa-Damma-Sarathi

Anuttaro means matchless and unsurpassed. Purisadamma refers to individuals to whom the gift of the Dhamma is to be endowed whereas Sarathi means a leader. These three terms taken together imply an incomparable leader capable of bringing wayward beings to the path of righteousness.
Amongst those who were persuaded to follow the path of the Dhamma and to shun evil were notorious murderers like Angulimala, Alawaka and Nalagiri, hundreds of robbers, cannibals and recalcitrants such as Saccake.
All of them were brought into the fold of the Dhamma, and some even attained sainthood within their life-time. Even Devadatta, the arch-enemy of the Buddha, was rehabilitated by the Buddha through His great compassion.

(7) Sattha Deva-Manussanam

The translation of this term is that the Buddha was a Teacher of devas and humans. It is to be noted that ‘devas’ as used in this context refers to beings who, by their own good Karma, have evolved beyond the human stage which is not regarded as the final stage of biological evolution. Devas in the Buddhist context have no connection with ancient traditional theological myths. The Buddha was a remarkable Teacher who was flexible and capable of devising diverse techniques suited to the calibre and different mentalities of devas and human beings. He instructed everyone to lead a righteous way of life. The Buddha was indeed a universal Teacher.

(8) Buddho

This particular epithet, Buddho, would appear to be a repetition of the second in this category, although it has its own connotation. Buddho means that the Master, being omniscient, possessed extraordinary powers of being able to convince others of His great discovery through His exquisite art of teaching others His Dhamma.

His techniques were unsurpassed by any other Teacher. The term Buddho has its secondary meaning translated as ‘Awakened’ since the ordinary state of man is perpetually in a state of stupor.
The Buddha was the first to be ‘awakened’ and to shake off this state of stupor.
Subsequently He convinced others to be awake and to steer clear from the state of lethargic samsaric sleep or stupor.

(9) Bhagava

Of all the terms used to describe the Buddha, the words ‘Buddho’ and ‘Bhagava’, used separately or together as ‘Buddho Bhagava’ meaning the ‘Blessed One’ are most popular and commonly used.

Deserving awe and veneration, Blessed is His name. Therefore, the word ‘Bhagava’ had various meanings as suggested by some commentators. The Buddha was termed ‘Bhagava’ or the ‘Blessed One’ because He was the happiest and most fortunate amongst mankind for having managed to conquer all evils, for expounding the highest Dhamma and for being endowed with supernormal and superhuman intellectual faculties.
Old 29-10-2017, 08:52 AM
FrankieJG

The Ten Wisdom-powers of the Buddha

The Ten Wisdom-powers of the Buddha are as followings:

1. Thanathanakosallanana= Understanding as it truly is the possible as possible and the impossible as impossible,

2. Kammavipaka nana = Understanding as it truly is the results of actions (kammas) undertaken, past, future, and present, with possibilities and with causes,

3. Sabbatthagamina patipada nana =
Understanding as it truly is the ways leading to all destinations (all the states of existence and Nibbana),

4. Anekadhatu nanadhatu nanaa = Understanding as it truly is the world with its many and different elements,

5. Nanadhimuttikatanana =
Understanding as it truly is how beings have different inclinations,

6.Indriyaparopariyattanana = Understanding as it truly is the disposition of the faculties of other beings, other persons,

7. Jhanadisankilitthavodanavutthananana = Understanding as it truly is the defilement, the cleansing and the emergence in regard to the Jhanas, liberations, concentrations, and attainments,

8.Pubbenivasanussatinanaa =
Recollecting His mindfold past lives,

9.Cutupapatanana (Dibbacakkhunana )=
(With the divine eye which is purified and surpasses the human, seeing beings passing away and reappearing, inferior and superior, fair and ugly, fortune and unfortune), Understanding how beings pass on according to their kammas, and

10. Esavakkhayanana = Realizing for Himself with direct knowledge, here and now entering upon and abiding in the deliverance of mind and deliverance by wisdom that are taintless with the destruction of the taints.

(Majjhimanikaya, Mulapannasa, Mahasahanada Sutta)
Old 29-10-2017, 09:01 AM
Master

Quote:
I am extremely sorry Neil. I didn't see it was originally posted by you , my apologies.

I regret posting this question because now it has created so much arguments here. It was not my intention.

Would you mind if I sent you a PM? What you have said tally with an article I read recently. The experience of that monk was similar to what you had said.Your experiences makes so much sense and I would love to know more.

Frankie...I would only talk about my experiences "IN FULL with another persons" if those persons did not have people that are dependant on those persons...

Because dark beings, who are constantly around us, will utilize and exploit any knowledge or beliefs that we aquire.

And the more a person discovers, about the truth of the reality of the damage, that dark beings can and do inflict on an earthlings physicality and mentality and also their physical possessions....well quite frankly "FRANKIE" I HAVE FELT THEIR FULL TILT ANGER, OF THEM BEING TOTALY CAUGHT OUT, BECAUSE I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE WORKED THEM OUT.

AND WHILE THEY WERE 100% SMASHING THE BEJEEBERS OUT OF ME ONE NIGHT, I JUST HAPPENED TO FIGURE OUT ONE SINGLE THING THAT PUT FEAR INTO THEM...AND THE MOMENT THAT THEY REALIZED THAT I HAD THE ANSWER THEY STOPPED THEIR THRASHING OF ME INSTANTLY...BUT NEVER COMPLETELY.

So you may pm me but I will always be very careful about what I reveal...and all that I do not reveal, you and everyone else will figure it out after they exit the earth life for ever more anyway.

Ps..I should mention that I, 100% and without a doubt, do not believe in reincarnation, and have discovered many reason as to why it is a fraudulent deluded concept that is force fed into earthlings by beings that masquerade as loving beings...and it has been drilled into us in many ways and scenarios in order to keep us in a certain state of understanding of all things spiritual, that best suits the dark beings and their agenda...just thought that you should be aware of that one fact of my beliefs.

Regards neil.

Ps I am not a Buddhist nor a christian...I only do my best to follow a pure way of being...a path with a view towards gods way of love...which just keeps revealing phenomena that i have yet to hear anyone speak about to date.
Old 29-10-2017, 09:07 AM
Master
[quote=FrankieJG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

Yes you are absolutely right. Buddha/Bodhi stands for the awakened one. But there are 8 other terms to define a Buddha .
I
http://www.thabarwa.org/9-qualities-of-buddha/

That Blessed One is such since He is (1) Accomplished, (2) Perfectly Enlightened, (3)Endowed with knowledge and Conduct or Practice, (4) Well-gone or Well-
spoken,
(5) The Knower of worlds, (6) the Guide Unsurpassed of men to be tamed, (7) the Teacher of all universal beings , (8) Enlightened, and (9) Blessed.

(1) Araham

The Buddha is depicted as an Arahant in five aspects, namely :

(a) He has discarded all defilements;
(b) He has suppressed all the enemies connected with the eradication of defilements;
(c) He destroyed the spokes of the wheel of existence
(d) He is worthy of being given offerings and paid homage;

He withheld no secrets in his character or in his teachings.

Buddha was the greatest figure in human life perfect, infallible, blameless and spotless.

At the foot of the Bodhi tree, He conquered all evil and attained the highest stage of sanctity. He put an end to all sufferings with His attainment of Nibbana. He was the World Honoured One so worthy of homage in all respects. His teaching contains no mysteries or secrets and is like an open book for all to come and see.

(2) Sammasambuddho

The Buddha was designated as Sammasambuddha because He comprehended the existence of the world in its proper perspective and He discovered the four Noble Truths through His own comprehension. Born a Prince, He renounced the world and strove for six long years seeking enlightenment. During this period, He approached all the renowned Teachers of the day and tried all the methods His Teachers could teach Him. Having achieved the attainment even equivalent to that of His teachers, He still could not find the elusive goal of enlightenment. Finally, basing His research on rational understanding and treading a middle path, thus departing from the traditional way of legendary religious beliefs and practices, He found the final solution to the universal problems of unsatisfactoriness, conflict and disappointments (Dukkha). He discovered the Law of Dependent Origination – the Law of Cause and Effect which He assessed as the reality of the world, thereby becoming the Supreme Enlightened One.

(3) Vijja-Carana Sampanno

This term ‘Vijja-Carana Sampanno’, meant that the Buddha was endowed with perfect clear vision and exemplary good conduct. It has two significant aspects as indicated in the threefold knowledge and eightfold wisdom. The threefold knowledge is listed as follows:-

(a) Firstly, the Buddha could recall His past births and trace back His previous existence as well as that of others.
(b) Secondly, apart from being able to recount the past, He had the unique foresight of being able to see into the future and visualized the whole universe at any single moment.
(c) Thirdly, He had that deep penetrating knowledge pertaining to Arahanthood.

On the eightfold wisdom, The Buddha was listed as having the unique gift of insight, the power of performing supernormal feats, a divine ear, the power of reading other’s thoughts, various physical powers, ability to recollect past births, a divine eye, and exquisite knowledge
pertaining to a life of serene holiness.

(4) Sugato

The Buddha was also designated as Sugato which meant that His path is good, the destination is excellent and the words and methods used to show the path are harmless and blameless. The Buddha’s path to the attainment of bliss is correct and pure, uncurving, direct and certain.

His words are sublime and infallible. Many welknown historians and great scientists have commented that the only religious teaching which has remained unchallenged by science and free-thinkers is the Buddha-word.

(5) Lokavidu

The term Lokovidu is applied to the Buddha as the one with exquisite knowledge of the world.

The Master had experienced, known and penetrated into all aspects of worldly life physical as well as spiritual.

He was the first to make the observation that there were thousands of world systems in the universe.

He was the first to declare that the world was nothing but conceptual.

In His words, it is regarded pointless to speculate on the origin and the end of the world or universe. He was of the view that the origin of the world, its cessation and the path to the cessation thereof is to be found within the fathom long body-the human being with its perceptions and consciousness.

(6) Anuttaro Purisa-Damma-Sarathi
a

Anuttaro means matchless and unsurpassed. Purisadamma refers to individuals to whom the gift of the Dhamma is to be endowed whereas Sarathi means a leader. These three terms taken together imply an incomparable leader capable of bringing wayward beings to the path of righteousness.
Amongst those who were persuaded to follow the path of the Dhamma and to shun evil were notorious murderers like Angulimala, Alawaka and Nalagiri, hundreds of robbers, cannibals and recalcitrants such as Saccake.
All of them were brought into the fold of the Dhamma, and some even attained sainthood within their life-time. Even Devadatta, the arch-enemy of the Buddha, was rehabilitated by the Buddha through His great compassion.

(7) Sattha Deva-Manussanam

The translation of this term is that the Buddha was a Teacher of devas and humans. It is to be noted that ‘devas’ as used in this context refers to beings who, by their own good Karma, have evolved beyond the human stage which is not regarded as the final stage of biological evolution. Devas in the Buddhist context have no connection with ancient traditional theological myths. The Buddha was a remarkable Teacher who was flexible and capable of devising diverse techniques suited to the calibre and different mentalities of devas and human beings. He instructed everyone to lead a righteous way of life. The Buddha was indeed a universal Teacher.

(8) Buddho

This particular epithet, Buddho, would appear to be a repetition of the second in this category, although it has its own connotation. Buddho means that the Master, being omniscient, possessed extraordinary powers of being able to convince others of His great discovery through His exquisite art of teaching others His Dhamma.

His techniques were unsurpassed by any other Teacher. The term Buddho has its secondary meaning translated as ‘Awakened’ since the ordinary state of man is perpetually in a state of stupor.
The Buddha was the first to be ‘awakened’ and to shake off this state of stupor.
Subsequently He convinced others to be awake and to steer clear from the state of lethargic samsaric sleep or stupor.

(9) Bhagava

Of all the terms used to describe the Buddha, the words ‘Buddho’ and ‘Bhagava’, used separately or together as ‘Buddho Bhagava’ meaning the ‘Blessed One’ are most popular and commonly used.

Deserving awe and veneration, Blessed is His name. Therefore, the word ‘Bhagava’ had various meanings as suggested by some commentators. The Buddha was termed ‘Bhagava’ or the ‘Blessed One’ because He was the happiest and most fortunate amongst mankind for having managed to conquer all evils, for expounding the highest Dhamma and for being endowed with supernormal and superhuman intellectual faculties.

Yes all these are descriptions of what we see in the Buddha, notice ' The ', Buddha without ' The ' is just a word for ' Awakened one ' which can be anyone beside ' The Buddha ' ( Shakyamuni ). Jesus was a Buddha but we never call him ' The Buddha ', thats what I meant
Old 29-10-2017, 09:10 AM
FrankieJG

Sattha devamanussanam: Teacher of Gods and Men

* Sattha: teacher
* Deva: divine beings in heavenly realms
* Manussanam: Humans

(VII) 'Satta deva manussanam' means, he is the teacher to gods and humans.

The word deva refers to both the gods and brahmas. And in that field he was incomparable.

He is the supreme teacher to gods, brahmas and human beings.They received his teachings, his advice, his guidance and they liberated themselves from this mass of suffering as a result of that. That is his teaching quality.

Sattha Deva-Manussanam

The seventh quality ‘Sattha Deva-Manussanam’ means ‘the Teacher of deities and humans.’ It is important that we understand that our Great Teacher not only communicated with and taught human beings, but He also taught beings existing in the realm of deities (the heavenly realm).

Therefore, the Dhamma also exists in the heavenly worlds.

The Supreme Buddha had a remarkable technique of teaching according to the caliber and mentality of the being who was being taught. He was able to instruct everyone appropriately in this way about following the correct path.

[quote=sky123]
Quote:
Oopz..Sorry then..

YOU ARE CLEARLY BEING MISGUIDED TOO.

BUDDHA SAKYAMUNI WAS NOT A GOD. HE HIMSELF SAID THAT. A BUDDHA IS A TEACHER. BUDDHA IS A TEACHER TO ALL UNIVERSAL BEINGS IN EVERY REALM. MEANING HE IS POWERFUL THAN ANY GOD.IT IS NOT MY OPINION. IT IS A FACT. GODS WORSHIPED HIM. EVEN TODAY GODS WORSHIP HIS NAME.

EVERYONE IS IN SAMSARA DEAR. THERE IS NO PLACE IN THIS UNIVERSE WHICH DOES NOT GET AFFECTED BY THE UNIVERSAL LAW OF IMPERMANENCE.

SEE FOR YOUR SELF AFTER YOU ARE BEING CROSSED OVER ONE DAY. SEE WHETHER YOU ARE STILL IN THE SAMSARA OR WHETHER YOU ARE CEASED FROM IT.
FOR NOW LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT IT.[/QUOTE

Buddha comes from the Sanskrit word ' Bodhi ' and means ' the awakened one '
not a teacher.
Old 29-10-2017, 09:13 AM
FrankieJG

Yes, Jesus has Bodhi qualities too
[quote=sky123]
Quote:

Yes all these are descriptions of what we see in the Buddha, notice ' The ', Buddha without ' The ' is just a word for ' Awakened one ' which can be anyone beside ' The Buddha ' ( Shakyamuni ). Jesus was a Buddha but we never call him ' The Buddha ', thats what I meant
Closed Thread