Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-02-2014, 06:09 PM
AdAstra

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
the quickest way to clear karma, is to place yourself under the guidance of an avatar (krishna, mother meera, sai baba, jesus), and offer it up to them.
Quick question though, how did you`find out` that you have a ton of karma to pay back?
How would I put myself under the guidance of Krishna??????
Old 19-02-2014, 06:11 PM
AdAstra

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
This is correct I think and part of the way. It is our karma to be here.

The law of karma can be said to be the law of love. This is how someone once said it. Oh no. love once again, even here. The soul reaps both good and bad that's arisen in previous lives, we know this. You're not free to move forward until your debts are paid, not to yourself, but to others. Many will disagree with this but it is included. The soul's reason for being is to balance karma. This is a great way to say it as put forth by Elizabeth Clare and Patrica Spadaro.

But don't think this is like good deeds get you into heaven. Deeds by themselves don't.
Thank you very much. I don't believe in a heaven after death, like the one in the bible.. but I believe peace is possible
Old 19-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra

bhagavad gita 18:65 states
18:65. Think always about Me, love Me, sacrifice yourself
for My sake, seek refuge only in Me — and you will
come to Me! You are dear to Me, and I trust you!

heart is key
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 19-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Guide

sorry double post deleted
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 19-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Because people give me nasty looks for NO REASON. Seriously. I have had so many bad experiences with people. Strangers, friends, family, and relationships. All of them. For NO apparent reason that I AM aware of. ;(

and you've come to the conclusion that this is because you've done wrong in the past, to these people specifically, or in general? no doubt you have, as have we all. in physical life i could say that my experience of people is similar. maybe work on increasing your own inner power? if we were clear in our own mind then the activities of others would be irrelevant. we are guilty too of taking offense. we take offense because we have a specific image of ourself as this or that and when its questioned we recoil,,,no image, no recoil. its also our responsibilty to de-clutter our minds...though there could be underlying health issues that could make this trickier. easy for me to be philosophical when its other folks eh. atb

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 19-02-2014, 08:14 PM
AdAstra

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecta3
and you've come to the conclusion that this is because you've done wrong in the past, to these people specifically, or in general? no doubt you have, as have we all. in physical life i could say that my experience of people is similar. maybe work on increasing your own inner power? if we were clear in our own mind then the activities of others would be irrelevant. we are guilty too of taking offense. we take offense because we have a specific image of ourself as this or that and when its questioned we recoil,,,no image, no recoil. its also our responsibilty to de-clutter our minds...though there could be underlying health issues that could make this trickier. easy for me to be philosophical when its other folks eh. atb
Well you got it right- I get what you're saying.
:)
Old 19-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Simply by asking for his help
Old 20-02-2014, 01:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Because people give me nasty looks for NO REASON. Seriously. I have had so many bad experiences with people. Strangers, friends, family, and relationships. All of them. For NO apparent reason that I AM aware of. ;(
Don't let their looks get you down. Stay on your path and stay with your goals. Work on your self-confidence. Yoga helped me with self-confidence.
Old 20-02-2014, 01:23 AM
Deactivated Account
I personally find Karma to be active in an unenlightened life, when one is awake the dream is over, karma dissolves away for it has nothing to cling to anymore.
Old 20-02-2014, 02:16 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
I personally find Karma to be active in an unenlightened life, when one is awake the dream is over, karma dissolves away for it has nothing to cling to anymore.

from experience, i find that awakening is not enough. there's plenty of karma that needs to be dissolved. no one can have all karma dissolved in an instant, but one can have a lot dissolved in a shot - just never all. one would probably die instantly if *all* were dissolved suddenly. the physical body wouldn't be able to handle it.