Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

View Poll Results: Cost aside, which would you prefer?
Burial 7 9.21%
Cremation 48 63.16%
I don't care 15 19.74%
Other 6 7.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-06-2018, 06:48 AM
Master
What ever is the cheapest
Old 27-06-2018, 05:57 PM
Knower
I want to be cremated and have my ashes buried.
Old 27-06-2018, 07:32 PM
leadville

I have offered any or all of my organs for medical research. I hope they help in some way and as for what's left, what's not needed or useful, that can all go in a big fire, presumably the least-expensive way to be rid of all the useless bits.
Old 28-06-2018, 04:38 PM
Master
I will be cremated after my organs are donated. Then my ashes will be spread around the perimeter of my property.

I say if one wants to pay respects to a person to do so in life. To me it is unnatural to embalm a person and lay him/her out on display. It doesn't feel like the person I once knew and overall it all seems so surreal. I respect each person's decision to make their own choice though.

My parents already prepaid for their funerals and have a stone already up with etching of their faces on them. At my grandmother's funeral my mother told everyone to gather around grandma's casket for a group picture. Again, surreal and odd. But it made my mother happy so that's all that matters.
Old 28-06-2018, 06:45 PM
Administrator
Hello

There is another option out there at times "Donate Body to Science" its something I have laid out as a possible plan for mine. I have no issues but being cremated, but I would like my ashes in a box at a graveyard. Just because its a place to call home....not that our Spirit stays there just nice to have a "hole in the wall" so to speak.

Its not like the old days where you can have a resting place inside a church that others literally "walk all over you". I did struggle with that idea.

Lynn
Old 28-06-2018, 09:26 PM
Seeker

I donated my body to science and then turn the body to ash.
Old 28-06-2018, 10:15 PM
Master
I told my wife that if I go first I want to be cremated...than I want my ashes loaded into a canon and fired out into the Gulf Of Mexico.

One last wild ride baby!!!!!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 28-06-2018, 10:17 PM
Master
my dad usd 2 jokee he did longss im dead or dnt feal it u can hid my body in gardn or undr floor bordss he did only prob s h9s senses of hummerss rubd ff on me lol
i no now its soulss i usee our bodyss thy do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 28-06-2018, 10:43 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
i be terfied of bean bured alivee iw ud be
That's a big fear of mine. There have been stories of people waking up at their own funerals. What if those people would not have woken up until after their funeral? *shudders*

When I'm dead I want to stay dead. It's not that I don't want to be alive, I just don't want any surprises~! lol
Old 29-06-2018, 08:37 AM
Master
A number of people here have indicated “donating their body to science,” and that might include donating their body to a medical school to be used for practice and instruction for medical students. Medical schools usually take the entire physical body. Most medical schools will embalm the body and use it repeatedly to instruct students until it starts to decay. Although the skeleton, including the skull, etc., are usually kept for an indefinite period of time and used for instruction.

It was also mentioned here about being buried alive; rest assured if you die in the U.S. and receive an autopsy, your body will be dead before they bury it. If you do not receive an autopsy, that is another story. I have seen people wake up in the morgue, before an autopsy, after a doctor had pronounced them dead. There are also stories of people being buried alive, or placed in a cremation furnace, and then waking up before the fire is turned on.

In the U.S., there is “clinical death “and “brain death.” Clinical death is the cessation of blood circulation and breathing, while brain death is the cessation, or interruption, of brain activity. Biological death occurs when there is no more activity in the brain and the heart, but a person can still be kept alive on machines if the family so desires, or it is indicated in their previously submitted medical directive or Last-Will & Testament, etc. Still, in my opinion, there is a blurred line between what constitutes life and what constitutes death. There are people who are brain dead but they are still alive because their heart and lungs are still functioning on their own without the help of a machine.

These are things that people indicate in a medical directive, i.e. if you are brain dead do you still want to be kept alive, or if your body can not draw breath and pump blood on its own, do you want to be kept alive on machines, etc. There are lots of such scenarios. I have worked with patients who were in a coma for a very long time, months or even years, and they are still alive, although usually bed-ridden and kept alive by machines. I think it is important to not only indicate how you want to dispose of your body at the time of death, but also do you want to be kept alive if you are in a coma, have no brain activity, etc. End of life decisions that others, loved ones, your physician, attorney, etc., may be helpful for them to know.