Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 03-01-2018, 09:52 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by open2it
I am in the same boat as you to a point but I will not let myself totally blimp out. I once weighed 250 and that meant if I didn't do something then I had to find a scale that could weigh my eventually fatter self.

I am an emotional eater, I eat when I am bored, I think of eating when I am not hungry. I often wonder is this hunger really an unsatisfied hunger for something else besides food but food is used to satisfy myself?

Years ago when I got to 250 I said if I don't do something then I will end up like some friends that weighed around 300. I was not going to allow myself to pig out like that. So I said have at it. I only ate once a day between 4 and 5 P.M and other than that it was no calorie drinks or water. I didn't eat starches, breads, or much dairy. I would spend maybe half hour exercising such as running in place, sit ups, pushups, jumping jacks, squat thrusts and other simple exercises. I hate exercising. In about two months I had gotten down to 195 lbs. A year later I did it again and got that 195 down to 162 lbs.

A couple years ago I saw my reflection in a door glass and I thought dude you are one fatso again, I weighed 235LBS. and my 38 waist pants were getting real tight. I was not about to go to 40 waist pants.

I went on a diet very similar to a Keto diet. I made all my own meals and snacks. Absolutely no sugar except natural sugars in the food itself. I was eating about every three hours but the portions were about hand size. I was never hungry or felt hungry. I ate no breads or dairy products. I read food labels and if it had high fructose corn syrup or artificial flavoring it went back on the shelf. I repeat I was never hungry because I was eating about every three hours. I was NOT doing any exercising at all.

The weight started coming off really quick. People started asking was I sick that I was losing so much weight. They said I needed to buy some clothes that fit then. In about 2 months I went from 235 down to 182. I was actually able to get into size 34 w pants I hadn't worn in ten years.

Yeah it's real easy to go off the wagon and back with the sugar and starches especially around the holidays. I had held around 190 for a few years and then OOPS back on the sugar and sweets. I am now around 220 because of that and I will again starting the 1st of the year get the fat off again by getting off the sugars.

My greatest motivator to lose weight is seeing super lardo people and not wanting to look like them. Well that and my man boobs and preg looking gut.

No matter what we want we have to have a line drawn and a motivator or forget about it. After smoking 2-3 packs a day I finally had to decide did I want to die due to passing out from coughing or did I want to live by just giving up cigarettes. I smoked for another year but didn't inhale. When I finally did quit I had basically no withdraws because I didn't have squat of nicotine in my body since I didn't inhale for so long. That was 8 years ago and I have no desire to smoke to this day.

We can do practically anything we want if we want it bad enough. A guy once asked me how was me and my friend. Yep when I carry enough body mass around for more than one person I often feel like someone is crammed under my skin with me.

Starving ourselves doesn't work but eating smaller portions and cutting out the sugars does work. If all we do is cut out the added sugars and sugar substitutes we will see the fat disappear. Try it for one month and I bet you will see a thinner you. Do it for two months and you will wonder where that friend went from under your skin. Eating or drinking anything that has other than natural food sugar is your dead end to losing fat. Sugar is just as addictive as any bad habit.
You can do it if you have had enough of what you hate. You don't hate yourself or your eating. You hate being fat and eating bad all the time to feed it.

hello!
thank you for this thorough reply and personal details. i truly appreciate the insight and thank you for giving me hope. im on vacation now and while im trying my best to control what i eat. the quality control every 3 hours is an excellent tip . hard to follow but i will . i hope my stomach shrinks back a bit because i can now eat larger portions. i used to be full eating a quarter of a sandwich now i can finish a whole one. the way your stomach stretches so quickly is dumbfounding. i hate it. haha
i screen shotted your answer for motivation. i have like 10 pounds i need to shed AND maintain. this diet that i want to do is a life style i want to follow.
i wish i can ditch carbs and sugars.
white bread pasta POTATOES chocolate cakes and icecreams. but at the same time if i go cold turkey i will binge eat them eventually so i might allow myself a cake once in a while perhaps.i really wish you good luck on your journey. think of it this way.
u did it once. im sureee youll do it again
Old 04-01-2018, 12:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by open2it
... Absolutely no sugar except natural sugars in the food itself. I was eating about every three hours but the portions were about hand size. I was never hungry or felt hungry. I ate no breads or dairy products. I read food labels and if it had high fructose corn syrup or artificial flavoring it went back on the shelf. I repeat I was never hungry because I was eating about every three hours.

Starving ourselves doesn't work but eating smaller portions and cutting out the sugars does work. ...
I agree. I practiced it successfully too.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:54 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I agree. I practiced it successfully too.

yeah... i dont doubt the theory . i only doubt my cravings. im usually never hungry when i binge eat i jisy feel the need to eat. but hopefully that will change
iv gone too far with the binging i feel terrible. but the good news is im not hopeless. i still have the willpower to start over.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:30 PM
Suspended
Try cutting out the following ingredients from your food:

Saturated fat - (can lead to heart attack and cancer)
Sugar - (creates an addiction to unhealthy foods)
Additives & preservatives - (E numbers & chemicals create more addiction & digestive problems)

Then look at what you eat nutritionally. Eating three square meals a day made from nutritious food can do a lot for keeping you satiated between meals & forms a good healthy balanced diet.

If you want to know about nutrition you can find lots of good books at the library, & it's always useful to have such a book on your table to keep you interested & motivated.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by leilasmum44
hello!
thank you for this thorough reply and personal details. i truly appreciate the insight and thank you for giving me hope. im on vacation now and while im trying my best to control what i eat. the quality control every 3 hours is an excellent tip . hard to follow but i will . i hope my stomach shrinks back a bit because i can now eat larger portions. i used to be full eating a quarter of a sandwich now i can finish a whole one. the way your stomach stretches so quickly is dumbfounding. i hate it. haha
i screen shotted your answer for motivation. i have like 10 pounds i need to shed AND maintain. this diet that i want to do is a life style i want to follow.

Yes, it's best to think in terms of a life change.

In terms of eating, it's more like a change in the reason for eating, and it has to come back to being nutrition for the body - eating to give the body the nutrients it needs.

This would mean learning about nutrition and knowing the nutrient contents of foods. I know how much protein, fat and carbs, and the total calories of everything I eat because I researched it and learned what my body needs as nutrients.

Being 'informed' gives you the know how which empowers you, and when you know what the body needs, not by 'feeling it', but by adding up proteins, fats, carbs, and calories, you have the full ability to decide how you can organise nutritious meals that fit your overall lifestyle.

It is easy because there are online calculators like this http://www.calculator.net/calorie-ca...it=0&x=46&y=25, which are easy to use.

Nutritional contents and calories of any food is easily available online too.

Everything you need to know is freely available online.

It takes a little while to learn, but it's not all that hard, and when you know what nutrition is, you are no longer flying blind. You are empowered with the knowledge to know exactly what to do.

Quote:
i wish i can ditch carbs and sugars.
white bread pasta POTATOES chocolate cakes and icecreams. but at the same time if i go cold turkey i will binge eat them eventually so i might allow myself a cake once in a while perhaps.i really wish you good luck on your journey. think of it this way.
u did it once. im sureee youll do it again
Old 25-02-2018, 08:21 PM
Experiencer

No one should ever stick to a diet. All you have to do is to treat yourself right and your food should be always healthy. No special limits, no tabus, no fried food and oily food. Just start to think healthy and you'll be beautiful and healthy, thin and happy
Old 26-02-2018, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
im a fail. i dont remember the last time in my life where i havent been on a diet. i dont remember a time where ov been clean eating for more than 5 days only to relapse for months of binge eating.the cycle goes: restriction-feeling deprived-mindless eating over eating and binging things i dont even like,when not hungry also but having this extreme need of eating anything- shame-restriction-binge..
its getting out of control. i gained 60 pounds first year of college which made me do a sleeve surgery hoping that id stop the obsession with food.
when im on clean eating i obsess about food so much i am always planning what i wanna eat and looking at the clock waiting to eat. i still can eat less than the average person but a fe onths from now my stomach will def expand more.im hopeless and hate myself. im an embarrassment with no will power . people dont believe me anymore when i say im on a diet. hell i dont believe me.i know that no surgery can fix my binge eating expcept my mind. i dont get it why i am such a slave to food. food addiction where it pains me every time o have a craving and cant relax until i satisfy it. god i hate food as much as i love it.
am i that hopeless ?
why cant o stick on a diet for at least a month.
dw i went to dietiticians but even that was not helpful at all. i cant stick to a diet. if i do and i crack that code that will be a miracle.

please any tips on how to STICK ON A DIET FOR GOOD
what to do when an extremely intense craving hits?
thank u for ir thoughts

Have you tried hypnotherapy from a reliable professional hypnotherapist? That may help you a lot with what appear to be uncontrollable urges.

Making sure you are getting all the nutrients you need re: proteins, fats, carbs, vitamins minerals, etc. There is nothing worse than an unbalanced diet or not enough of something, to make us crave more food. The body knows it needs something else, but sometimes the wires of communication become crossed, so we eat more of anything to try to get what we need.

Three (or two -depending on your calorific needs) -decent balanced meals a day and no snacks? Can you do that? You might not lose weight instantly but you would be healthier. If you add to that -sufficient healthy exercise, preferably outside in the fresh air, you might gradually lose some weight.

Tiredness (lack of proper sleep) and stress also always makes us more hungry. The body system is desperate for more energy.
Old 26-02-2018, 04:11 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
im a fail. i dont remember the last time in my life where i havent been on a diet. i dont remember a time where ov been clean eating for more than 5 days only to relapse for months of binge eating.the cycle goes: restriction-feeling deprived-mindless eating over eating and binging things i dont even like,when not hungry also but having this extreme need of eating anything- shame-restriction-binge..
its getting out of control. i gained 60 pounds first year of college which made me do a sleeve surgery hoping that id stop the obsession with food.
when im on clean eating i obsess about food so much i am always planning what i wanna eat and looking at the clock waiting to eat. i still can eat less than the average person but a fe onths from now my stomach will def expand more.im hopeless and hate myself. im an embarrassment with no will power . people dont believe me anymore when i say im on a diet. hell i dont believe me.i know that no surgery can fix my binge eating expcept my mind. i dont get it why i am such a slave to food. food addiction where it pains me every time o have a craving and cant relax until i satisfy it. god i hate food as much as i love it.
am i that hopeless ?
why cant o stick on a diet for at least a month.
dw i went to dietiticians but even that was not helpful at all. i cant stick to a diet. if i do and i crack that code that will be a miracle.

please any tips on how to STICK ON A DIET FOR GOOD
what to do when an extremely intense craving hits?
thank u for ir thoughts

It comes down to self-image, self-esteem, self-worth.

Try repeating some of these affirmations every day, even just for a minute or two:

- I am beautiful and worthy.

- I am part of God. I am divine.

- I am innocent. I am guilty of nothing.

- I am worthy of love.

- I am priceless. I am a being of total worth.

- God loves me.

Repeating these affirmations over a long period of time (several years) can create great healing and positive change.

Just see it as part of your spiritual practice. You can repeat these affirmations every day for the rest of your life, and you'll make steady progress. Just a minute or two every day is enough.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:48 PM
Master

We all have addictions of some sort. I was talking about this just the other day. In that conversation I said you would't want my addiction and I wouldn't want yours.

Try not to "shame" on yourself. Accept yourself as human. Guilt only exacerbates the problem. So get rid of that. Accept that you are not perfect and never will be. But also know every person walking on this planet has their deep dark secret(s). Every one. So you are not alone.

Take each day, one day at a time. If you fail today, start again tomorrow with a clean slate.

If you can get past the shame and guilt you will be on your way to healing your soul. And with a healed soul you learn to love yourself and then anything is possible.