Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 20-09-2019, 02:24 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: I live in a house.
Posts: 1,790
  BigJohn's Avatar
WHAT GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT DO YOU HAVE?

What gifts of the Spirit do you have?
Have you been investigated to verify the validity of your gifts?
Are your gifts consistent?
When did you first realize you had gifts of the Spirit?
__________________
..
.

He dipped the pen into the ink and then faltered for just a second. A tremor had gone through his bowels. To mark the paper was the decisive act. In small clumsy letters he wrote: ........... April 4th, 1984.
.................................................. .................................................. ............
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20-09-2019, 08:49 AM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 7,229
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
What gifts of the Spirit do you have?
Have you been investigated to verify the validity of your gifts?
Are your gifts consistent?
When did you first realize you had gifts of the Spirit?



If we look at the life and actions etc: of Jesus, he already had the ' Gifts of the Spirit ' according to the Scriptures listings of what these ' Gifts ' are before he was Baptised.

For the first 30 years of his life he managed quite well without Baptism, so why the necessity for this Ritual?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20-09-2019, 11:04 AM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,541
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
I'm somehow able to tell bullsht apart from truth, does that count?
__________________
People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get. There's nothing any of us can do about it. - dr. Gregory House
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20-09-2019, 03:40 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 7,229
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I'm somehow able to tell bullsht apart from truth, does that count?


You most certainly have a gift Slayer, separating the chaff from the wheat is an art
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 20-09-2019, 04:17 PM
dream jo dream jo is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: sea dream u cud say
Posts: 19,889
  dream jo's Avatar
had on/off sinsee i wz born
__________________
dream jo


i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 20-09-2019, 05:16 PM
ImthatIm ImthatIm is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,337
  ImthatIm's Avatar
The gift of Life.
__________________
Just because I believe it today, doesn't mean I will believe it tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 20-09-2019, 06:28 PM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: I live in a house.
Posts: 1,790
  BigJohn's Avatar
The Gifts of the Spirit are listed at 1 Corinthians 12:8-10.

"8. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9. to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10. to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.
__________________
..
.

He dipped the pen into the ink and then faltered for just a second. A tremor had gone through his bowels. To mark the paper was the decisive act. In small clumsy letters he wrote: ........... April 4th, 1984.
.................................................. .................................................. ............
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 20-09-2019, 08:05 PM
Altair Altair is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,252
  Altair's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The Gifts of the Spirit are listed at 1 Corinthians 12:8-10.

"8. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9. to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10. to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.

Sorry to be a party pooper here but I think most ''gifts'' are a load of nonsense. It reminds me of televangelists who shout ''away ye devil!'' while crying hallelujah at cancer patients. All to no avail of course. Scams and much suffering continues in the name of some religion. Speaking in tongues? Sounds like learned behaviour [see Jesus Camp film]. And no fortune teller has given us accurate predictions, just general statements. I've read too many over the years, also things that were supposed to happen in the past 15 years. But people keep falling for it over and over again.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 20-09-2019, 09:51 PM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: I live in a house.
Posts: 1,790
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Sorry to be a party pooper here but I think most ''gifts'' are a load of nonsense. It reminds me of televangelists who shout ''away ye devil!'' while crying hallelujah at cancer patients. All to no avail of course. Scams and much suffering continues in the name of some religion. Speaking in tongues? Sounds like learned behaviour [see Jesus Camp film]. And no fortune teller has given us accurate predictions, just general statements. I've read too many over the years, also things that were supposed to happen in the past 15 years. But people keep falling for it over and over again.
My wife, before we got married, told me one day to not ride any buses and to stay away from certain people.
So.... I went and got on a bus. I even stuck my arm out the window when... BOOM, a truck drove into the side of the bus right under my hand. The truck driver drove away and the bus driver pulled over to a police box to speak to the policeman.
So.... I got off the bus and walked a short distance and took a pedestrian bridge to cross to the other side of the street. On the bridge were some of the people my wife told me about. I had my money in my front left pocket when I grabbed the hand that was going toward my pocket.
__________________
..
.

He dipped the pen into the ink and then faltered for just a second. A tremor had gone through his bowels. To mark the paper was the decisive act. In small clumsy letters he wrote: ........... April 4th, 1984.
.................................................. .................................................. ............
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 21-09-2019, 01:59 AM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 14,374
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
What gifts of the Spirit do you have?
Have you been investigated to verify the validity of your gifts?
Are your gifts consistent?
When did you first realize you had gifts of the Spirit?
A lot of questions! I feel shy to say actually...I was given so much...
July 2009 after I was Bap in the Holy Spirit...
the day before I went to an 'altar call' and was healed from a very long, bad hip injury

(kick boxing started the spiral downhill, ouch for years, limping).
I've talked about stuff too much here for years.

Love the story about the bus and your wife....thanks.

I have never heard of being 'verified'...that made me laugh...I mean you have the gift or you don't, right?
And yes the Holy Spirit's gifts have been consistent...wowee.
I feel very humbled by them.
Oh gosh, I could go on and on ...you have made me remember my blessings and true healing miracles
that have happened. (wow)
__________________
.,
,
,

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.







Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums