Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 25-04-2019, 09:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
With respect, I strongly disagree with what you have stated here.

Sure, a certain amount of sacrifice is necessary, but you don’t have to become a monk or nun in a monastery to become enlightened. There are plenty of them who would live exactly the sort of lifestyle you have described, yet they will not reach enlightenment in this lifetime. On the other hand, there are others who have done nothing or very little to deserve it and still go much further on the path.

Like you said, there are karmic factors, but ultimately, it is a question of divine grace, which remains as mysterious as always. To put it in crude terms, does the Goddess like you? Does she think you’re worthy of her affection and her gifts? It is a bit like trying to win the heart of a Lady, something us guys know a lot about.

A simple gesture may go a lot further in winning her affections than twenty years of mindless chanting. She really doesn’t ask for much, basically, don’t be an arsehole, be kind, gentle, generous and simple of heart. Open up to her Love, her Divine Grace and give yourself over willingly. People waste an awful lot of time on technique, when it is really about substance. Open up your heart and divine light will come pouring in. Thus, you will be enlightened. It really is that simple.
You have a right to strongly disagree....doesn't make you correct though.

If it were as easy as you say, why isn't everybody enlightened already? Why hasn't the whole world obtained Moksha yet?

The focus and determination needs to be unwavering...single pointed and not running hither and thither after this worldly distraction or that..not numbing the mind and body with endless and mindless sensory inputs.

It is stated in the Hindu scriptures how to obtain Enlightenment and it is nothing like those who have not read these scriptures merely claim it to be because people in Kali Yuga are really lazy..they want to be able to have their enlightened ego-cake and eat it too...it just doesn't work that way. You cannot say "I am enlightened" and then bingo, presto, you are...Grace or NO Grace!

Your body must be made READY for the ascent of Shakti and this is what Kriya Yoga is ALL about!

You would have been disgusted watching me, in my earlier years, shoving rubber catheters in my nostrils and out through my mouth (Sutra neti).

You would have been appauled at me swallowing meters of muslin bandages soaked in saline solution before regurgitating them and drinking litres of hot, salty water with lime juice and doing nauli twice a week (Shankh prakshalana) to flush out the intestines.

You would have said "all of that is totally unnecessary" and that would be your 'strong opinion'...some sadhakas may even view ALL those who say "you really don't need to do any of that" as evil or demonic forces trying to lead them astray and off the path. We are taught to ignore such comments as these whilst doing our spiritual tapasya (rituals).

If Captain America goes to see his Sadhu friend, he will say EXACTLY what I have said and if Captain America wants to follow the path of Kriya Yoga and become enlightened very quickly, tapasya and abstinence is the best way...if he has a few lifetimes to spare, he can do it your way.

His Sadhu friend gave him the same Mantra that I gave him and I was unaware of that! I received that Mantra from Lord Shiva Himself to pass on to Captain.

His Sadhu friend has also told him to get up at Brahma Muhurta, meditate, do Yoga and chant mantras for a few hours...ask him!

His anger when his friend stole his lunch means he is deeply attached to food...so regular fasting will mitigate this.

My interaction with Captain America has gone on for about two years now...how long have you been here? Do you know the situation as well as I do? No, you do not.

This is yet another reason for my departure... people who believe they know better than I do, but they don't and can't because if I cannot explain things to others in a way they can understand it, then the opposite also holds true and then I need to find people who I can interact with...which isn't here, unfortunately.
Old 25-04-2019, 10:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
You have a right to disagree.. doesn't make it correct though.

If it were as easy as you say, why isn't everybody ellnlightened already? Why hasn't the whole world obtained Moksha yet?

The focus has to be unwavering...single pointed and not running hither and thither after this distraction or that..not numbing the mind and body with endless and mindless sensory input.

It is stated in the Hindu scriptures how to obtain Enlightenment and it is NOTHING like those who have not read those scriptures just claim it to be because those in Kali Yuga are lazy..they want to be able to o have their cake and eat it too...it just doesn't work that way. You cannot say "I am enlightened" and then bingo, presto, you are...Grace or NO Grace!. Your body must be made READY for the Grace and this is what Kriya Yoga is ALL about!

You would have been disgusted watching me in my earlier years shovinrg rubber catheters in my nostrils and out through my mouth (Sutra neti).

You would have been appauled at me swallowing meters of muslin bandages soaked in saline solution before regurgitating them...drinking litres of hot, salty water with lime juice and doing nauli twice a week (Shankh prakshalana).

You would have said "all that is totally unnecessary" and that would be your opinion...some even may view All of those who say "you don't need to do that" as evil bor demonic forces trying to lead them astray and off the path. We are taught to ignore such as these whilst doing our spiritual tapasya.

If Captain America goes to see his Sadhu friend, he will say EXACTLY what I have said and if Captain America wants to follow the path of Kriya Yoga and become enlightened very quickly, tapasya and abstinence is the best way...if he has a few lifetimes to spare, he can do it your way.

His Sadhu friend gave him the same Mantra that I gave him and I was unaware of this!

His Sadhu friend has told him to get up at Brahma Muhurta, meditate, do Yoga and chant mantras for a few hours.

His anger when his friend stole his lunch means he is attached to food.

My interaction with Captain America has gone on for about two years now...how long have you been here? Do you know the situation as well as I do? No, you do not.

This is another reason for my departure... people who believe they know better than I do, hut they don't and can't because f I cannot explain things to them in a way they can understand, then the opposite also holds true and then I need to find others that I can interact with...which isn't here, unfortunately.

One of the few advantages of Kali Yuga is that it is much easier to reach liberation than in previous epochs. It takes far less effort and Bhakti Yoga is the favoured path in this age, at least according to Krishna. I think he's right, though I prefer to approach the Divine through its feminine manifestation as Shakti.

I am not criticising you or your practices, but when you post your methods on a public forum, others have a right to comment. I realise that all the Yogic and Tantric practices you mentioned are very effective, but the Shakti in me prompts me to point out that there are easier paths out there. You specifically stated that such severe austerities are needed to achieve Liberation and whilst that may have been true in the past, I don't think it is any more.

That is an opinion, based on some personal experience, which happens to differ from yours, but does not invalidate it. If you feel that I'm interfering in the ongoing discussion the two of you are having and it is a distraction, then, OK, I will certainly stop commenting on this thread. However, you did express some very strong opinions here, so you really must be prepared to defend them and not take it personally. That is what forums are for.
Old 25-04-2019, 10:31 AM
Master
Quote:
One of the few advantages of Kali Yuga is that it is much easier to reach liberation than in previous epochs. It takes far less effort and Bhakti Yoga is the favoured path in this age, at least according to Krishna. I think he's right, though I prefer to approach the Divine through its feminine manifestation as Shakti.

I am not criticising you or your practices, but when you post your methods on a public forum, others have a right to comment. I realise that all the Yogic and Tantric practices you mentioned are very effective, but the Shakti in me prompts me to point out that there are easier paths out there. You specifically stated that such severe austerities are needed to achieve Liberation and whilst that may have been true in the past, I don't think it is any more.

That is an opinion, based on some personal experience, which happens to differ from yours, but does not invalidate it. If you feel that I'm interfering in the ongoing discussion the two of you are having and it is a distraction, then, OK, I will certainly stop commenting on this thread. However, you did express some very strong opinions here, so you really must be prepared to defend them and not take it personally. That is what forums are for.
It is also one of the reasons for my departure - to go and do all of those things for MYSELF! and not just expound them here.

To be able to "not take things personally" I need to meditate more, do more Yoga, wake up earlier, give up coffee and stop going online.

However seeing as how this is to be my final post (unless Captain responds tonight), you can take over instructing Captain America if he wishes to hang around to reply...because I won't even BE here to read or question any of your "strong objections".

You may even like to go back over this thread and make comment on every other post I have made here, instead of just disagreeing with my latest one, totally out of context...so please familiarise yourself with the history of this exchange...You may get a much better grasp of the whole situation.

That being said, I am also a Bhakta...A Shiva Bhakta...and if there is one thing I know about His Grace...God helps those who help themselves! He puts in about a hundred times more than you do, but 100×0 is still 0.

Shiva always meets me half way, but if I decide to just sit on my a$$, so does He and if I whine about getting nowhere, so does He.

This is what makes me say the things I do, but I am all out of words now.. There is nothing more I can say that I haven't said dozens of times before and I give up...time I started teaching and leading by example...like my Guru, Dakshinamurthy (Lord Shiva) does.

I wish you all the best as well and thank you so much for the Goddess Healing...I needed it when it happened and you can send Tara my way any time you like. <3

May the Goddess full of Love and Light continue to guide you and bless your path.

http://www.greenmesg.org/stotras/dur...a_mangalye.php

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 25-04-2019, 10:39 AM
Master
Quote:
It is also one of the reasons for my departure to go and do all of those things MYSELF!

To be able to "not take things personally" I need to meditate more, do more Yoga, wake up earlier, give up coffee, stop going online.

I sympathize a lot with your points Shivani.. You are right about sacrifice.. giving convenient things up leads to spiritual maturity..
I often wonder about it myself and always find myself in two minds about it, a part wants to mature, the other part wants the middle road. I think you are courageous in your attempts to seek more..

I do enjoy(ed) your contributions here on SF, be well.
Old 25-04-2019, 11:12 AM
Master

Quote:
It is also one of the reasons for my departure - to go and do all of those things for MYSELF! and not just expound them here.

To be able to "not take things personally" I need to meditate more, do more Yoga, wake up earlier, give up coffee and stop going online.

However seeing as how this is to be my final post (unless Captain responds tonight), you can take over instructing Captain America if he wishes to hang around to reply...because I won't even BE here to read or question any of your "strong objections".

You may even like to go back over this thread and make comment on every other post I have made here, instead of just disagreeing with my latest one, totally out of context...so please familiarise yourself with the history of this exchange...You may get a much better grasp of the whole situation.

That being said, I am also a Bhakta...A Shiva Bhakta...and if there is one thing I know about His Grace...God helps those who help themselves! He puts in about a hundred times more than you do, but 100×0 is still 0.

Shiva always meets me half way, but if I decide to just sit on my a$$, so does He and if I whine about getting nowhere, so does He.

This is what makes me say the things I do, but I am all out of words now.. There is nothing more I can say that I haven't said dozens of times before and I give up...time I started teaching and leading by example...like my Guru, Dakshinamurthy (Lord Shiva) does.

I wish you all the best as well and thank you so much for the Goddess Healing...I needed it when it happened and you can send Tara my way any time you like. <3

May the Goddess full of Love and Light continue to guide you and bless your path.

http://www.greenmesg.org/stotras/dur...a_mangalye.php

Aum Namah Shivaya

We are in agreement.

Same here, do check in whenever you can. Hugs
Old 25-04-2019, 11:16 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
This all depends upon your previous Karma, my dear.

You stated previously in this thread that Moksha is not your intention and you still want to enjoy life, do your cybernaut training program, go to university, earn money, get a girlfriend, get married etc etc..

Of course you realise that to become enlightened in this lifetime, you have to give all of that up..become a total brahmachari for life and follow the path of Kriya Yoga and renunciation to the letter right?

Are you prepared to get up at Brahma Muhurta (4am) every morning and do three hours of intense Sadhana before breakfast?

Are you prepared to give up all meat, tea, coffee, tobacco, energy drinks, sodas, sugar, salt, sweetmeats, Horlicks, tiffin?

Are you prepared to go for two days a week fasting on water only?

Are you prepared to chant 1008 rounds of either Gayatri Mantra, Maha Mantra or Mahamrityunjaya Mantra every day?

Are you prepared to do one hour of pranayama practice daily?

Are you prepared to give up Television, Cinemas, Bollywood, Netflix, YouTube, Facebook, Internet and spend that time studying the scriptures instead?

If you have answered "no" to ANY of these, then what you are seeking cannot be achieved!

If you make up excuses as to why you cannot do any of these things, then what you are seeking cannot be achieved.

It takes a lot of sacrifice to become enlightened...are you ready for it?

Except for water only fastjng I am not only prepared but done or started doing successfully all of them.

Besides liberation/moksha and enlightenment are two very different things.
Old 25-04-2019, 11:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
Except for water only fastjng I am not only prepared but done or started doing successfully all of them.
Very well my dear and keep it up but without expectation do these things for the sake of doing them only.

It takes a few years of applied effort before anything noticeable occurs, even though things are starting to change at the cellular level.

As for pranayama, look at Wim Hof's Breathing tutorials:
https://youtu.be/qLh1QHdTbtE

Also, Stanislav Grof has a very nice method called Holotropic Breath work:
https://youtu.be/3ozosh2K7E0

He compares his breathing methods to taking psychotropic drugs.

I have left the best til last.

It is okay if you cannot afford Shani Kavacham...I have done the prayers on your behalf this evening, so you should be fine.

Now it begins:
https://youtu.be/aVhZIo-lyaw

asato maa sad-gamaya
tamaso maa jyotir gamaya
mrityor-maa amritam gamaya

Saraveshaam svastir bhavatu
Saraveshaam shaantir bhavatu
Saraveshaam poornam bhavatu
saraveshaam mangalam bhavatu,
Sarve bhavantu sukhinaḥ
Sarve santu nirāmayāḥ
Sarve bhadrāṇi paśyantu
Mā kashchit duḥkha bhāgbhavet
Oṁ Shāntiḥ, Shāntiḥ, Shāntiḥ

Om trayambakam yajaamahe
sughandhim pushthi -vardhanam
urvaa-rukamiva bandhanaat
mrityor-muksheeya maamritaat
Om shaantih shaantih shaantihi

Tvameva maataa cha pitaa tvameva
Tvameva bandhushcha sakhaa tvameva
Tvameva vidyaa dravinam tvameva
Tvameva sarvam mama deva deva

Om Puurnnam-Adah Puurnnam-Idam
Puurnnaat-Purnnam-Udacyate
Puurnnasya Puurnnam-Aadaaya
Puurnnam-Eva-Avashissyate

Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih

Hari Om Tat Sat
Old 25-04-2019, 12:06 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you for the pooja.

Will send my good wishes and contact email via PM....
Old 26-04-2019, 02:07 AM
janielee

Quote:
Thank you so much.

Tonight is my final night... tomorrow I am away around lunch time here.

I appreciate all your support, all your advice and everything you have done.

I may pop in from time to time after a month or three and I hope to see you around.

If not, I wish you all the best of love, light and happiness too...take care.

Aw. Safe travels and blessed path, Dear One!

Of course - you would have done the same for me, and all I did was thank you for the wonderful posts you shared with us here.

And yes likewise - I wish you all the best of love, light and happiness - whether we "see" each other again or not - good journey.

Namaste,

JL
Old 26-04-2019, 02:11 AM
janielee

Quote:

Hi NoOne:

I've heard this before as well re: Kali Yuga, and respect that everyone has a different path and approach.

I'm not familiar with Hinduism, although I have learned a little more now thanks to SD's posts and discussions with people like yourself and others in the Hindu forum.

In (my) eyes, the path of enlightenment and meditation is more than open to every single person on this planet - and it is through whatever practices and spiritual traditions that they are able to supplicate their lives with this inner blessing. I personally think that one of the great blessings would be to find genuinely realized people (not of siddhis or magical powers or anything like that) - but of the ultimate Divinity and Universal Truth - where everything is sourced from and lives within.

Namaste,

JL