Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 24-04-2019, 10:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Yoohoo, I'm so happy for you! :)

Of course I will miss you, but you should follow your heart and your dream and do what's right for you. It sounds like you will have a great time!
Thank you.

I am going to miss you as well.
Old 24-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
All of this can be found in the Vigyan Bhairav Tantra, where Lord Shiva answers all your questions in 112 ways.

There was another branch of that lineage tree you are talking about there....

Lord Shiva taught this Kriya Yoga to Parvati, but there was a scribe present to make the teachings known to mankind..his name? Matsyendranath.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matsyendra

Matsyendra started the Kaula sect and the "Nath" sub-lineage of the Kaula tradition...He codified Hatha Yoga some 500 years before Swami Svatmarama wrote the Hatha Yoga Pradipika and was even said to be an incarnation of Avilokiteshvara Buddha who started the whole school of Tantric Shaivism/Vajrayana Buddhism based on Dharana..or... Mindfulness!

This, of course, occurred 1,000 years after Lord Shiva appeared in the form of Lakulisha and started the Pashupati sect of Tantric Kriya Yoga:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakulisha

I have traced my lineage all the way back to the Indus Valley Civilization...and the Kaula tradition, the Nath tradition, the Pashupati tradition, through all the incarnations of Shiva and Babaji...pretty neat eh?

What you have typed above is nothing new to me...it is but a small drop in the ocean that I already know about and I could write a few books on it...but Alain Danielou beat me to it half a century ago and Christopher Hareesh Wallis has done everything that I could ever do in regards to writing it all down.

Between Alain Danielou, Christopher Wallis and David Frawley, I must admit some degree of literary defeatism here.

By the way...I answered your first question via PM at 8:30 am...had a chance to look at it yet?

I'm gonna miss this place...I have so much to teach, but no students...which pretty much sucks...

Did look at it but need to think over it more.

Will let you know soon....

What concerns me more is the fear of the unknown.I do not exactly know what happened or is happening exactly i.e. I need to know the problem somewhat,if posssible
Old 24-04-2019, 11:18 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
All of this can be found in the Vigyan Bhairav Tantra, where Lord Shiva answers all your questions in 112 ways.

There was another branch of that lineage tree you are talking about there....

Lord Shiva taught this Kriya Yoga to Parvati, but there was a scribe present to make the teachings known to mankind..his name? Matsyendranath.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matsyendra

Matsyendra started the Kaula sect and the "Nath" sub-lineage of the Kaula tradition...He codified Hatha Yoga some 500 years before Swami Svatmarama wrote the Hatha Yoga Pradipika and was even said to be an incarnation of Avilokiteshvara Buddha who started the whole school of Tantric Shaivism/Vajrayana Buddhism based on Dharana..or... Mindfulness!

This, of course, occurred 1,000 years after Lord Shiva appeared in the form of Lakulisha and started the Pashupati sect of Tantric Kriya Yoga:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakulisha

I have traced my lineage all the way back to the Indus Valley Civilization...and the Kaula tradition, the Nath tradition, the Pashupati tradition, through all the incarnations of Shiva and Babaji...pretty neat eh?

What you have typed above is nothing new to me...it is but a small drop in the ocean that I already know about and I could write a few books on it...but Alain Danielou beat me to it half a century ago and Christopher Hareesh Wallis has done everything that I could ever do in regards to writing it all down.

Between Alain Danielou, Christopher Wallis and David Frawley, I must admit some degree of literary defeatism here.

By the way...I answered your first question via PM at 8:30 am...had a chance to look at it yet?

I'm gonna miss this place...I have so much to teach, but no students...which pretty much sucks...

I have read almost all of those. The problem is that a normal person cannot find out those secrets even after reading them.

Only an yogi who has already done it can.

Sometime there is even not a general secret.It is given specifically to a person by a yogi based on the person.
Old 24-04-2019, 11:22 AM
Deactivated Account

Do you happen to know in which text can I find about Hanuman ji mantra given to the great warrior Arjuna by Lord Krishna
Old 24-04-2019, 01:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
I have read almost all of those. The problem is that a normal person cannot find out those secrets even after reading them.

Only an yogi who has already done it can.

Sometime there is even not a general secret.It is given specifically to a person by a yogi based on the person.
That is the problem, isn't it?

I can read a Hindu text like the Vigyan Bhairav Tantra or the Shvetashvatara Upanishad or the Shivarahasya Purana or Patanjali's Sutras and understand it immediately without anything having to be explained to me...however, trying to relate what I know about it to another party is a very different story...even Hindu scholars are not at my level of understanding their religion and this pretty much drives me crazy...

Were the scriptures written for ME alone? It would sure seem like it...and I never went anywhere to learn it...must be a "past life" thing.

I can try and make it easier for you..

According to Patanjali, there are EIGHT limbs of Yoga (Kriya).

Pranayama is only ONE part of the jigsaw puzzle, not the whole thing.

Ritual/purification, Observance, Posture, Breathing, Sense Withdrawal, Mindfulness, Meditation, Enlightenment...All of these processes need to be employed in an well-rounded practice of Kriya Yoga.

The most important thing...Ishwara Pranidhana or surrender to God.

Why fear the unknown when He is the master OF Niskala? Of both Sekala and Niskala? (The known and the unknown)?

If you see Lord Shiva in His aspect of Kaala Bhairava, would you be afraid?
It is only Lord Shiva putting on His "Halloween costume" to scare the easily scared...reminding them that mortality is unavoidable...so?
Underneath the mask, He is the same beautiful, lovable Deity and if your heart remains open, your "inner eye" can see through the subterfuge to the glowing being, the Deva underneath the Yaksha Rupam (the demonic form of God).

This is the reason why I love Lord Shiva...Mahadeva...Mahakaal! It is all one in the same thing...Good/Evil...Light/Dark...Sekala/Niskala...beauty/ugliness all wrapped up into One and thus, I am not afraid. I have looked upon His face and all of my fear was gone.

For you see, Lord Shiva did not just instruct Parvati..

He assumed the form of Dakshinamurthy, faced South and instructed the Sapta Rishis (the 7 Ascended Masters) and the 4 Sanat Kumaras (The Child founders of the Hindu faith) without uttering a single word!

He did not say anything! NOTHING!

Lord Shiva let His "rarified vibration" do all the talking, while He just sat there with half-closed eyes in ecstatic bliss-trance...raising His right hand in the chin mudra/Gyan mudra occasionally to give Shaktipat.

This is just so profoundly wonderful... something only a bhakta can appreciate...
Old 24-04-2019, 05:43 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
That is the problem, isn't it?

I can read a Hindu text like the Vigyan Bhairav Tantra or the Shvetashvatara Upanishad or the Shivarahasya Purana or Patanjali's Sutras and understand it immediately without anything having to be explained to me...however, trying to relate what I know about it to another party is a very different story...even Hindu scholars are not at my level of understanding their religion and this pretty much drives me crazy...

Were the scriptures written for ME alone? It would sure seem like it...and I never went anywhere to learn it...must be a "past life" thing.

I can try and make it easier for you..

According to Patanjali, there are EIGHT limbs of Yoga (Kriya).

Pranayama is only ONE part of the jigsaw puzzle, not the whole thing.

Ritual/purification, Observance, Posture, Breathing, Sense Withdrawal, Mindfulness, Meditation, Enlightenment...All of these processes need to be employed in an well-rounded practice of Kriya Yoga.

The most important thing...Ishwara Pranidhana or surrender to God.

Why fear the unknown when He is the master OF Niskala? Of both Sekala and Niskala? (The known and the unknown)?

If you see Lord Shiva in His aspect of Kaala Bhairava, would you be afraid?
It is only Lord Shiva putting on His "Halloween costume" to scare the easily scared...reminding them that mortality is unavoidable...so?
Underneath the mask, He is the same beautiful, lovable Deity and if your heart remains open, your "inner eye" can see through the subterfuge to the glowing being, the Deva underneath the Yaksha Rupam (the demonic form of God).

This is the reason why I love Lord Shiva...Mahadeva...Mahakaal! It is all one in the same thing...Good/Evil...Light/Dark...Sekala/Niskala...beauty/ugliness all wrapped up into One and thus, I am not afraid. I have looked upon His face and all of my fear was gone.

For you see, Lord Shiva did not just instruct Parvati..

He assumed the form of Dakshinamurthy, faced South and instructed the Sapta Rishis (the 7 Ascended Masters) and the 4 Sanat Kumaras (The Child founders of the Hindu faith) without uttering a single word!

He did not say anything! NOTHING!

Lord Shiva let His "rarified vibration" do all the talking, while He just sat there with half-closed eyes in ecstatic bliss-trance...raising His right hand in the chin mudra/Gyan mudra occasionally to give Shaktipat.

This is just so profoundly wonderful... something only a bhakta can appreciate...

I do accept the surrender thing about dispelling the fear of the unknown.

But any chance you can ask my second question to Shiv ji ? If not then just let me know

There is this story I read today.

https://pasteboard.co/IbEiBfEe.png
https://pasteboard.co/IbEiPx1.png
https://pasteboard.co/IbEjhq6.png
https://pasteboard.co/IbEjphl.png
[url]https://pasteboard.co/IbEjwSA.png[/url

Blind surrender without practicality won't lead anywhere.

The secrets or hidden principles are based on some deep technicalliti es....
Old 24-04-2019, 09:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
I do accept the surrender thing about dispelling the fear of the unknown.

But any chance you can ask my second question to Shiv ji ? If not then just let me know

There is this story I read today.

https://pasteboard.co/IbEiBfEe.png
https://pasteboard.co/IbEiPx1.png
https://pasteboard.co/IbEjhq6.png
https://pasteboard.co/IbEjphl.png
[url]https://pasteboard.co/IbEjwSA.png[/url

The secrets or hidden principles are based on some deep technicalliti es....
By all means, ask your question and I shall have it answered and also read those links later on today, before I head off.
Old 24-04-2019, 10:29 PM
Master
I have just read the first two links..

There is a difference between conditional surrendering and unconditional surrendering.

The first happens when you want something in return viz:
Quote:

Oh yes..yes it will my love. :)

The second happens as an automatic response to overwhelming love and nothing is wanted or expected from God...not being "loved back"...not being given profound, mystical experiences...All of that will happen anyway.

Had the proud sadhak had the second kind of surrender, the second kind of trust and faith in God, he would have understood a few things..

1. If God wanted him to do his Sadhana in that specific place and "God provides everything", then God would have provided him with a much better cave to meditate in isn't it?

2. He also did not see that God WAS providing already, but he was not taking advantage of it...God was the other Sadhak who was offering him blankets and biscuits, which he should have graciously and gratefully accepted. It was only his pride which stopped him...his ego which said "I will look for God elsewhere and not where He already is".

3. If he was really intent on finding God like Buddha did, then one night of having a cold backside would have only been a minor inconvenience...it shows that he was not really dedicated or prepared to apply himself.

When you surrender to God, it is an "all or nothing" thing.

Not like Draupadi only putting one hand up in the air in supplication to Lord Krishna while the other was clutching at her sari to try and stop Duryodhana from disrobing her...oh no! BOTH hands had to go up in full supplication before Lord Krishna became her endless sari...I have always liked this story.
Old 24-04-2019, 11:39 PM
janielee

Quote:
When you surrender to God, it is an "all or nothing" thing.

I hope you won't mind barging into this conversation but SD, when you speak of above -

1. Do you see it as a once off thing? Do you really let go ALL AT ONCE and SUSTAIN IT FOR A LONG TIME?

2. Has it changed your life in innumerable ways?

Namaste,

JL
Old 25-04-2019, 01:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
I hope you won't mind barging into this conversation but SD, when you speak of above -

1. Do you see it as a once off thing? Do you really let go ALL AT ONCE and SUSTAIN IT FOR A LONG TIME?

2. Has it changed your life in innumerable ways?

Namaste,

JL

1. No, I don't see it as a "once off thing" unless one is able to sustain it indefinitely, but the more times the ego is totally dropped (i.e. ALL AT ONCE) the easier it becomes to remain in that state permanently.

Like all habits, it takes a while to develop...to rewire the neuron connections within the brain..to stop the ego returning after 5 minutes or 5 days going "well, now you've got that all out of your system, shall we continue?"

Eventually, after years of surrender, one will slip into a state called Savikalpa Samadhi...A precursor to full Enlightenment...but the Vasanas...old thought patterns and conditioned behaviors can still drag one out of it...you are looking at such a person.

I was doing my prayers to Lord Shiva only once a week...on Mondays and for the other 6 days of the week, forgetting He was even there. It is like these "part-time Christians" who think that going to Church on Sundays means they can sin every OTHER day of the week.

When the full surrender happens, when God's Grace descends, it is the most beautiful, awesome experience...it is extremely joyous and blissful...The Grace of God changes you in very SUBTLE ways over time... imperceptible to your cognition, but the heart knows it.

However, what if a Christian went to church and sang praises for 6-8 hours every day, seven days a week? What if I were to do my worship every day and not just on Mondays? What if I could extend being in Shiva's flow of Grace more often than my ego will allow itself to be subjugated? I mean it tolerates all of my full sacrificial submissions because it knows there is always an escape.. an "out"...there is always a "way back" until the Savikalpa Samadhi becomes Nirvikalpa Samadhi and surrender becomes a subconscious act, rather than a conscious one.

2. Did it change my life?

A few years ago, during one such episode of total, blind surrender to Lord Shiva while I was in a full Bhakti Trance (in love with God), His Grace pulled the Shakti, my Kundalini up my spine and into my skull where it remained for a period of a few weeks before eventually receding again so yeah, it dramatically changed my life.

This is why I need to go off here...ground myself...Work with it...Work through it because SF is one place that my ego also retreats to instead of focussing on what truly matters... getting this energy out through my crown chakra next time.