Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 26-11-2017, 01:45 PM
Knower
Rare video tibetan Monks

Enjoyed this video about Tibetan yogis.

Especially interesting was rare wiews from Milarepas place of spiritual practices.

A demonstration of some quite intense yogic physical movements also included.

Also I found fun to watch material about how accomplished yogis choosed moment of leaving the body -death.
(Similar as in Hindu tradition).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFSjxc2Vg14

Old 26-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Suspended
[quote=Bindu*].

Especially interesting was rare wiews from Milarepas place of spiritual practices.

Also I found fun to watch material about how accomplished yogis choosed moment of leaving the body -death.

Yes, Tibetan Buddhism is another Hinduism but not Buddha Sakyamuni teaching of Buddhism. So the practice is yogic or unless someone wants to practice Hinduism then it's good for him.
Old 26-11-2017, 03:58 PM
Knower
"Tibetan translators going to India and Indian sages coming to Tibet revived Buddhist teaching in Tibet between the late 900s and the 1200s. By the early 1400s, there were four major schools of Tibetan Buddhism. The Nyingma School adhered to the Vajrayana teachings from the earlier royal period. The Kagyu, Sakya, and Geluk Schools all followed later Vajrayana teachings coming into Tibet from India. The schools formed due to individual teaching lineages and the relative emphasis each group placed on particular esoteric teachings. These schools, which continue to exist to this day, do agree on the essential teachings of Buddhism."

"The lama is the focus of passionate devotion for the aspirant, and is acknowledged to embody the Three Jewels (the Buddha, his teachings, and the sangha) as well as the qualities of the meditational deities."

I have not the knowledge about Buddhism in general to say anything about the differences in various traditions.

. They base their philosophy and practices on Buddhist principles. And nirvana/enlightenment is a central goal there...

One may choose to zoom in on the differences. One could also choose to see the many similarities I guess.....

The dedication and compassion practiced by these people and their aim at enlightenment is laudable I think.

I also think that arguments about this could be stuff for another long thread here.
Old 26-11-2017, 04:36 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
"Tibetan translators going to India and Indian sages coming to Tibet revived Buddhist teaching in Tibet between the late 900s and the 1200s. By the early 1400s, there were four major schools of Tibetan Buddhism. The Nyingma School adhered to the Vajrayana teachings from the earlier royal period. The Kagyu, Sakya, and Geluk Schools all followed later Vajrayana teachings coming into Tibet from India. The schools formed due to individual teaching lineages and the relative emphasis each group placed on particular esoteric teachings. These schools, which continue to exist to this day, do agree on the essential teachings of Buddhism."

"The lama is the focus of passionate devotion for the aspirant, and is acknowledged to embody the Three Jewels (the Buddha, his teachings, and the sangha) as well as the qualities of the meditational deities."

I have not the knowledge about Buddhism in general to say anything about the differences in various traditions.

. They base their philosophy and practices on Buddhist principles. And nirvana/enlightenment is a central goal there...

One may choose to zoom in on the differences. One could also choose to see the many similarities I guess.....

The dedication and compassion practiced by these people and their aim at enlightenment is laudable I think.

I also think that arguments about this could be stuff for another long thread here.

Just to provide some differences between Buddhism and Tibetan Buddhism (TB) or Dzogchen( from Tibetan Buddhism).
1) TB practice of kundalini energy.
2) TB practice of rebirth while Buddhism is stopping for Samara.
3) No marriage for Buddhist monks in Buddhism but TB and Dzogchen monks practice YabYum ( the final highest dharma practice) of sharing sex partners.
4) Buddhism kill what's the images in his mind but TB practitioner hoping to create images in his mind.
5) They're using spells and incantations to bewitch and hypnotize their followers or others with evil attend.

So can we conclude that TB and Dzogchen are not Buddhism? I think, it's obvious with much differences between them.
Old 26-11-2017, 04:46 PM
Knower
Quote:
So can we conclude that TB and Dzogchen are not Buddhism? I think, it's obvious with much differences between them.

You do as you want....

I prefer to hold the issue open.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:05 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*

Video unavailable
Old 05-04-2019, 06:53 AM
Master
link not working
Old 12-04-2019, 11:27 PM
Suspended
Levitating Monk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BShBXdlStWU
Old 04-06-2019, 08:00 AM
Master