Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 21-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Oh Lynn, I thought of donating myself for research, LOL. I dunno. For now, I've stated I want to be cremated.
I finally thought of a clever one, not necessarily what I want, just for chuckles:

How 'bout: Shake, Rattle & Roll?

Oh I like that one.....too cute.

As long as the song is NOT " I LOVe the Dead" Alice Cooper

Lynn
Old 21-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Reise, Reise - Rammstein

Valparaiso - Sting
Old 21-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Master
I'm reminded of one of the tracks from Waterworld soundtrack that was especially nice, but it was long ago and since it was all instrumental, I do not recall my favorite track ~ am listening to it from Youtube atm. Very calm and soothing 1st track anyway. Check it out ~ the movie too. It was def under appreciated.
Old 22-10-2010, 03:26 AM
Master

I always thought I would tape some kind of uplifting, humorous recorded message from myself while alive to be played later at the wake when I pass saying Im still around.

Not sure about the musical soundtrack yet but it would have to be something upbeat. These songs come to mind

1) I wanna hold your hand - the beatles
2) Stayin alive - the bee gees (for the irony and the reality)
3) Good Vibrations - the beach boys
4) baby got back - sir mix a lot
5) Strokin - clarence carter
6) The humpty dance - digital underground
7) Three little birds - bob marley
8) Spill the wine - eric burdon and war
9) Some really racy sexual old blues number
Old 22-10-2010, 03:40 AM
Master
My songs would be one of my own songs called Butterfly Friend, then Imagine and My Sweet Lord.
Old 22-10-2010, 04:57 AM
Experiencer
I've always said ever since I was small, that I want "home for a rest by spirit of the west to play at my wedding and funeral haha.
Old 22-10-2010, 04:57 PM
stevek

Norse, ugh, your first song is Highway to Hell?
That sounds awful and I hope you're in some jest as you say that as I hope for your soul that it won't be the case. I am perhaps overly sensitive about the negativity of AC/DC, I was near a young fellow who was killed at an AC/DC concert after a brawl broke out, the driver of our car was attacked, a knife was pulled, two ladies in a hair-pulling cat fight. Then I listened to the messages of AC/DC's songs and have outright rejected all they stand for. That's just me and my perspective. (I used to be a huge fan of that band when I was young)

But a good topic, and I do hope I don't sound fuddy-duddy in my response, just sharing my perspective.

3 songs that have meant a bunch to me on my spiritual journey:

Shiny Happy People - REM (and I do know that REM hates this song, but I think the message and tone is beautiful, light, goofy and silly - like me)
I Can See Clearly Now - 70's tune by someone?
Everybody Wang Chung Tonight - fun and makes no sense other than to be fun - also like me.

Rather see you on the Stairway to Heaven than on the Highway to Hell, Norse.

And Please do not take offense, I just felt I needed to comment!

And I just re-read your list and there's an interesting flow from first song to last...
From dark places to brighter hopes...LOL...if you planned it that way, I applaud the message!
Old 22-10-2010, 06:07 PM
cheeky_monkey

What a wonderful world by Louis Armstrong

Imagine by John Lennon
Old 22-10-2010, 07:01 PM
iza

This is mine and I have made it clear to my husband that this is what I want played at my funeral.

(These are only part of the lyrics).

It's Not a Fashion Statement, It's a Death Wish - My Chemical Romance

(For what you did to me
and what i'll do to you
you get what everyone else gets
you get a lifetime)

The damage you've inflicted
temporarily wounds
i'm coming back from the dead
and i'll take you home with me
i'm taking back the life you stole

I will avenge my ghost
with every breath i take
i'm coming back from the dead
and i'll take you home with me
i'm taking back the life you stole

This hole you put me in
wasn't deep enough
and i'm climbing out right now
you're running out of places
to hide from me

When you go
just know that i will remember you
if living was the hardest part
well then one day we're together

Why do I want this? Because I know that when my time comes, there will be people there that should not be there because they did nothing for me in my lifetime. It's sort of like a personal message to them. Okay...I'm not really going to haunt anyone that did me wrong but I'll be there in spirit at my funeral, watching the expression on people's faces when this is played.
Old 22-10-2010, 08:52 PM
lost imp

My children know what I want.
Back in my box-David Byrne
Road to nowhere-Talking heads
A song by the Cure and one by Placebo which I want my children to choose so that they have some input into my funeral
Both my children are aware of the kind of funeral I want and I have every faith in them to do as I wish.