Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 28-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Master
if there is this place of silence, that 'I" won't be there.

That is correct, James... at least not the "I" you think of as 'me'.

However, something is aware in the silence. Who or what is that?

But rather than speculating, I suggest first diving into the silence itself... then see.

Xan

Old 28-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
if there is this place of silence, that 'I" won't be there.

That is correct, James... at least not the "I" you think of as 'me'.

However, something is aware in the silence. Who or what is that?

But rather than speculating, I suggest first diving into the silence itself... then see.

Xan

The problem with your suggestion is that if there is an "I" thought of as 'me' then there is nothing inherent in that "I" that could dive with any sincerity. It would be like trying to suffocate yourself with your own pillow.
Better to dive into the "I" itself if any diving it going to happen and even that, may have at best to offer us an "I" that is not-so conditioned, a little bit quieter.
I'm OK with however it turns out but that's the process, not diving into silence.

James
Old 28-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Master
Sure... any diving in is better than standing on the mind dock speculating.

Xan

Old 28-08-2012, 06:06 PM
TzuJanLi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
How am I denying 'me'. All I am saying is that it seems plainly obvious to the ignorant me having this discussion that if there is this place of silence, that 'I" won't be there.
It seems plainly obvious also that "I" don't know what will become of "I" either...so I am neither denying or defending what happens to an "I" beyond the story of "I".
All I know is that when people say "I am that" or 'all is love', it seems plainly obvious that they are creating another "I".
With that being said, I could be wrong. So to answer your question, no I don't deny 'you'.............I question others when they go beyond 'you' and find something else..another 'you'..such as "I am that" or 'all is love'.
From post #25, "I believe there can be noone there to notice. That there can only be silence aware of silence", who notices the silence, how does silence enter your awareness? Who do you communicate with if there is no one there to notice? Silence is aware of nothing, it is prior to and without awareness..

If 'your' mind is still and quiet, you don't notice it.. but 'you' don't disappear, you are still there, unless you believe 'you' are your thoughts..

I am that which 'is'.. aware of the silence, aware of its own existence, aware of existence itself.. though, you may perceive 'me' as something less that it 'is', One and Many simultaneously..

Be well..
Old 28-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Sure... any diving in is better than standing on the mind dock speculating.

Xan

Cmon, put the teacher hat down for a second and let's meet as equals. That is just rediculous and it doesn't address what I said at all. It skirts around it.
Old 28-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
From post #25, "I believe there can be noone there to notice. That there can only be silence aware of silence", who notices the silence, how does silence enter your awareness? Who do you communicate with if there is no one there to notice? Silence is aware of nothing, it is prior to and without awareness..

If 'your' mind is still and quiet, you don't notice it.. but 'you' don't disappear, you are still there, unless you believe 'you' are your thoughts..

I am that which 'is'.. aware of the silence, aware of its own existence, aware of existence itself.. though, you may perceive 'me' as something less that it 'is', One and Many simultaneously..

Be well..

You don't notice it but you notice 'you' noticing it? How do you know it just isn't noticing noticing? That makes no sense and just feels off to me.
And secondly if you don't notice it then how do you notice all this:
i am 'that' which chooses to still that chattering or believe the noise it makes.. 'i' am the evolving experience of 'me', a uniquely manifested version of the Whole, experiencing its own existence through the creative diversity of the Cosmos..." Tzu
Old 28-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Cmon, put the teacher hat down for a second and let's meet as equals. That is just rediculous and it doesn't address what I said at all. It skirts around it.

My friend, as equals we each say what comes out of us without demanding that others meet our expectations or calling their communications 'ridiculous'.

You like to get involved with arguing about words and concept... I don't. We are equal in our preferences.

Xan

Old 28-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
My friend, as equals we each say what comes out of us without demanding that others meet our expectations or calling their communications 'ridiculous'.

You like to get involved with arguing about words and concept... I don't. We are equal in our preferences.

Xan

.............Huh?
Old 28-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Master
This is what I mean by diving in...

Don't be afraid of what appears to be chaos or dissolution --
embrace the full measure of your life at any cost.
Bare your heart to the Unknown and never look back.

- Adyashanti

X.

Old 28-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10:18
Can someone explain the difference to me? :)

IMHO, it is just a matter of semantics.....the soul is the spirit and the spirit is the soul.....your soul "is" spirit.......