Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Loving Tributes & Remembrance

Old 12-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Raven Poet

Lynx and Raven

This is in honour of a beautiful man, a beautiful spirit, and a much loved Elder who is preparing to journey home. He is now in the palliative care unit of a local hospital, surrounded by the love of his family, both by blood and by spirit bond.

The Raven said, Lynx - hurry up and go hunting. I am hungry. The Lynx said, Why don't you learn to hunt for yourself? The Raven answered, I do know how - but I like what you hunt. The Lynx shook his tufted ears and smiled, and said: What is it you want to eat today?

P.T. had a sad harsh childhood and young adulthood. Traumatized and abused in Indian residential school, heart-breakingly separated from his family and his community, years spent in addiction to alcohol and a poisonous life on the streets. But he has a resilient Spirit. He came back to his roots; he came back to his teachings. After his first rounds of healing in our medicine ways, he committed the rest of his life to helping others suffering trauma as an addictions counsellor and a grief counsellor. He is a gifted blues musician. He was recently inducted into a local Hall of Fame for his contributions to the world of music.

P.T. I love you so much. I am so grateful to have spent this time together. You have taught me so much; you never handed over a simple answer every time I came to you; you instead told me an annoying enigmatic story that made me go off and figure it out on my own; which made the teaching "mine". Not many people know how to do that. You do. Kitchi Miigwetch for that.

I am very sad to have to let you go. I am not ready. But I know that Kitchi Manitou is with you and will be there to guide you home, back to the loving arms of our Ancestors who await you. Please come by now and then to say hello, especially when we are sad and missing you so much. I promise, I will pass the teachings you've shared with me onto the children we cherish. Your beautiful wisdom will never be gone from this world; we will carry it in our Sacred bundles and pass them down to each next generation. I will be one of those who makes sure that happens. I promise to be there for your family and offer my help when I can, in honour of my love for you.

Please be at peace, my Lynx Uncle, my beloved Elder. I will see you again. (And say Hello to my Dad for me! You'll know him because he is big and brown and funny like you!)

Last edited by Raven Poet : 05-03-2015 at 02:50 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Master
{{hugs}} Raven Poet, my thoughts are with you..
Old 13-04-2014, 01:23 AM
Raven Poet

Thanks, Skybird, my winged Relative! Thank God for this forum - it helps to not feel so alone with this. Funny, every human being experiences the loss of a loved one ... yet it can be such an isolating human experience in mainstream society, where you can't talk about dying or grief; it isn't considered "polite".
Old 13-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Administrator
Raven Poet,

it is easy to see the admaration you have for this elder i hope his journey home will be swift and painfree.

Namaste
Old 15-04-2014, 01:06 AM
Raven Poet

Thanks, Native Spirit. It really helps to share my love for him here as well. He's not much of a "hugger" or very receptive to direct lovingness - part of his past trauma prevents him from being open to love, I suspect. But I send it to him energetically, so the "Old Man" still gets it!
Old 16-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Master

May his journey be with grace and ease as he passes into a new existence unencumbered by human trappings. And may he find the joy in a hug for you raven from the spirit world.

My prayers are with you and lynx.
Old 20-04-2014, 02:03 AM
Raven Poet

thanks belle. Those are wonderful realities I hope him to have. He is so good, so kind - he's hard on himself because of what he's done in the past during his drinking years. But he's done his best to make amends - and that's all anyone can really be expected to do. He's walked the recovery talk; he is humble beyond measure and I pray every day for his journey home to be peaceful and joyous. He has suffered enough here.
Old 25-04-2014, 06:00 AM
Master

was just wondering how you all are?
Old 26-04-2014, 02:32 AM
Raven Poet

Hi, Belle. Thank you for your caring inquiry. We had his living wake/celebration on April 17th - he had a lot of fun and a lot of people showed up at the Friendship Centre to honour him and visit. I visited him the next day; he was pretty tired but you could tell he was so nourished by the party.

I spoke to him tonight - he was a little fuzzy from the morphine. But he says he feels good. I am going to go see him in the hospital tomorrow. I want to get in as many visits with him as I can, without tiring him, before he journeys home.

His grandchildren left last week back to their respective homes across the country. His partner is with him every day (I think) but I got a funny feeling he feels a little smothered by that. Just from a brief comment he said during our phone call about a little drive he took today. (The hospital "lets" him out during the day on a day pass; it sounds almost like he's in jail!) He said the doctors did not forbid him to do it but his partner did. He had a little tone of irritation in his voice. But I think that's normal - she's probably wanting him to go easy so he can stay as long as possible. But hey, it's his life, right? But I understand - it is a complex situation to live with a terminal illness - so many different truths bumping up against each other!

Thanks again for asking. Much love to you, Belle.