Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 06-06-2013, 06:09 AM
Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuurt
Taking medication to dilate one's pupils could symbols getting help to open one's eyes.

Very interesting.

Quote:
I've never heard of anybody using astrology to help with interpreting a dream. That sounds interesting if it's possible.

Oh, it's possible.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:13 AM
Gordon

I would like to say for the record that I have never stolen a patient's medication. I believe this is a symbol in the dream and it has significance, but I assure you it has nothing to do with a real situation.

Just sayin...
Old 06-06-2013, 06:32 AM
Knower

The medication for dilating pupils is symbolic of your work and of opening a person's "soul eyes" so they can "take in" , "see more" of what's around them (perhaps reality) and facilitates healing.
However( simply for the dream purposes) you steal the meds, and the roles are reversed.

The woman, whoever or whatever she represents is there to teach or show you something.

The phone video is the clue as to what. Two worlds. The video shows the woman how she really is. The rest of the dream shows the world that we know and understand now. Some people call this world ..illusion. Sorry..I am probably not making much sense.

I think her apartment is the threshold (so to speak) to this world of higher consciousness and the old mental patients hanging around are those that sense it , but haven't worked it out yet.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Sorry the post is so choppy. I had a nicely typed one that just disappeared when I posted, so I had to start over again.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:48 AM
Knower

I believe dream interpretation is a two-way process that should be done with full information about a person's life and their associations to dream images. It can be done collaboratively with several interpreters. It's not trying to predict something that can be a "hit" or a "miss," but rather finding patterns, which ultimately only the dreamer can confirm.

Maybe there is some pattern in your life in the way you relate to the feminine, but without information about your life and your associations to the dream image, no one else can work with that pattern.

I think you have too fragile an image of interpreters. On this forum, and the other two I'm on (that do dream interpretation), many interpreters will speak up and contradict each other.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veridican
I would like to say for the record that I have never stolen a patient's medication. I believe this is a symbol in the dream and it has significance, but I assure you it has nothing to do with a real situation.

Just sayin...

I believe you of course, but it might be worth considering how you would feel if you DID steal a medication, or what extreme circumstances might drive you to do it, because your unconscious chose that image for some specific reason, I believe.

Would you consider it a betrayal of the patient under your care? An unethical act? Putting yourself in danger of being caught? You unconscious chose this because it resonates with your relationship to this part of yourself symbolized by the older woman.

Mike
Old 06-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Master

You were stealing her medication which is like taking her power to heal (though meds are transient, short term healing). Seems her medicine helps you to see more. Though she thought of her life as hard (you state this as a perception and not a fact, how she "saw" it, back to the eyes) but in the past she was beautiful. To me this is about how perception of self has changed over time.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfre
The medication for dilating pupils is symbolic of your work and of opening a person's "soul eyes" so they can "take in" , "see more" of what's around them (perhaps reality) and facilitates healing.
However( simply for the dream purposes) you steal the meds, and the roles are reversed.

The woman, whoever or whatever she represents is there to teach or show you something.

The phone video is the clue as to what. Two worlds. The video shows the woman how she really is. The rest of the dream shows the world that we know and understand now. Some people call this world ..illusion. Sorry..I am probably not making much sense.

I think her apartment is the threshold (so to speak) to this world of higher consciousness and the old mental patients hanging around are those that sense it , but haven't worked it out yet.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Sorry the post is so choppy. I had a nicely typed one that just disappeared when I posted, so I had to start over again.

I really appreciate you doing double the work to give me an interpretation. And I am quite impressed.

Thank you very much.

E.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Gordon

My Take on It

I feel like this dream has gotten more attention that a lot of others on this board get, so I think at this point it's probably had enough, so I will go ahead and give my take on it.

I do not think, however, that my take is superior to others in here who have interpreted, but this is simply how I see it. I think the other interpretations have helped confirm a great deal of the dream to me and may help even more later on as I put the message of the dream into action.

So here is what I gathered from it:

Quote:
I was stealing a patient's medication (In life, of course, I would never do that.). She was supposed to take these pills that would dilate her pupils.

I think this means I'm supposed to see something of great value. I believe this means my eyes are going to be opened by the message of this dream.

Quote:
Somehow, I was taking care of her and she was an older woman, maybe in her fifties. She had lived a hard life, and she looked it. But she showed me a video on her phone of herself as a young stripper, and she was beautiful.

I think this is the Divine showing me that life has a moment of glory in it, and we all live past it, and we can never have that same glory back.

Quote:
I followed her back to her apartment on skid row.

The apartment is a symbol of my soul, and this is an impoverished area of my soul.

Quote:
And there were all these old mental patients hanging around the apartment complex, and I was talking with some of them--therapeutically--like I do at work. Then I woke up.

I believe I am supposed to show people how to live in the post-glory days of their life. Most likely through the publication of a book.

I concluded this by finding a very strange and rare occurance in the transiting planets for the time of this dream in my birth chart. Chiron is coming into an exact conjunction with transiting Chiron in my third house. The issue of living beyond the best days of my life is a deep wound in my psyche, and Chiron is all about the "wounded healer." Chiron would not make this kind of conjunction (which I can explain more in depth if you like) for hundreds of years, and of course that is well past my life time. In other words: I have never seen this kind of conjunction before, and I never will again (It occurs on June 16-17), and it speaks to this dream.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by in progress
You were stealing her medication which is like taking her power to heal (though meds are transient, short term healing). Seems her medicine helps you to see more.

Yes.

Quote:
Though she thought of her life as hard (you state this as a perception and not a fact, how she "saw" it, back to the eyes) but in the past she was beautiful. To me this is about how perception of self has changed over time.

See, that may be the key right there. The "glory days" may be only a "misperception." I don't know yet.

But thank you. You have helped me a great deal.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Knower

Do you believe that all dreams are prophetic or should have the quality of a psychic reading? Because that's not my perspective at all. I believe they are ways of rehearsing the present-moment issues in our lives, but from the perspective of the unconscious rather than the ego. Now, sometimes a close reading of the present-moment circumstances can be prophetic. To give an exaggerated example, if I spend half my waking time thinking about college, applying to college, etc. it can be reasonably predicted that soon I will be in college. Or, you could say that dreams bring our priorities -- from the perspective of "our whole persons," not from the limited ego--into awareness.

But a lot of the time, it's about becoming aware of aspects of ourselves and how we relate to them, just that (no predictions in sight).

In your interpretation, Edward, you didn't say much about who this woman is, and how you relate to her. I believe she is really part of yourself and that the dream wants you to look at how you relate to her. In the dream, were you helping her to live in her post-glory days?

The thing about medication for dilating pupils--isn't that done by doctors to help people see in? I don't believe that is done to help people see out. Edward's associations may tell us something about this, but if it is indeed true that these medications were meant to help the doctor examine the patient's eyes, then the focus of the dream shifts slightly. That image is about the dreamer (Edward) possibly seeing into the woman, or possibly not seeing her.

The idea of looking through her photos and video, to me, fits with looking into her. Those two details together give me a stronger association. But again we must ask Edward: do you recall if you were helping her to see who she was? Or was she telling you who she was? Who was helping whom?

But only Edward's associations can tell us which is the stronger match. I mean associations to individual dream images. So in other words, Edward, forget what you think the meaning of the dream is. Just brainstorm a list of associations you have to this particular m edication and how it is used.