Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 03-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Experiencer

I really forget a lot of my dreams.

It's so annoying really. I've often had some good dreams but I totally forget what they were about. Does anyone have some tips on how to remember your dream, I could write them down but I usually forget them before I wake up in the morning so then it's too late.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Suspended
The best way to remember your dreams is to suppress everything in your life, don't face the things that happen, don't deal with them when they do happen, but really do you want to do this, those who usually don't remember or dream that much. are usually more level headed, and are more incline to enjoy life more than those who dream all the time.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Deactivated Account
Hmmm I have to disagree with you on that one Psychoslice! Normally, those who dream vividly are deeply in touch with what's going on consciously and subconsciously. I might be wrong, but it seems you have something 'in' for people who like to explore their inner worlds and equate that with avoiding reality? I'd gently like to suggest that other perspectives are possible.

Colhad, I would advise keeping a dream journal and writing as little or much as you can remember, as soon as you wake up. Try to avoid moving too soon or opening your eyes too quickly. Meditate in the evenings and remain open to everything around you. Tell your subconscious you wish to remember your dreams and you will.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Hmmm I have to disagree with you on that one Psychoslice! Normally, those who dream vividly are deeply in touch with what's going on consciously and subconsciously. I might be wrong, but it seems you have something 'in' for people who like to explore their inner worlds and equate that with avoiding reality? I'd gently like to suggest that other perspectives are possible.

Colhad, I would advise keeping a dream journal and writing as little or much as you can remember, as soon as you wake up. Try to avoid moving too soon or opening your eyes too quickly. Meditate in the evenings and remain open to everything around you. Tell your subconscious you wish to remember your dreams and you will.
Hi Starbuck, I'm sorry you took that personally, but that's the way i see it, I don't have it in for no one and i have never had that thought, I can only go by my own inner wisdom, what do you go by ?.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Deactivated Account
Sorry Slice I shouldn't have said that, it wasn't appropriate. I'll pm you later as got someone visiting any second. I don't want to take up the thread.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colhad75
It's so annoying really. I've often had some good dreams but I totally forget what they were about. Does anyone have some tips on how to remember your dream, I could write them down but I usually forget them before I wake up in the morning so then it's too late.
There is actually a thread here with it, but I'll post my article I wrote for a UK magazine here for you.

http://www.silentvoices.org.uk/#/lau...ams/4553451491

All of us dream, though many of us never remember it when we wake up. Sometimes are dreams can teach us more about the problems and worries that are going on in our waking life. They can help us to get answers to questions that we don’t seem to understand while we are in a state of unrest. This is where many of the greatest inventors of our times have found the answers to their life long work.

Thomas Edison tried unsuccessfully over 3000 times to create the light bulb. It is known that he lay down exhausted on his work table and had a dream about how to make it work. The rest, as they say, is history.

We can also dream of future events that are to happen. Many psychic readers have premonitions about things that will happen in the world, such as the Twin Towers attack, Earthquakes and even Tsunamis. The most famous psychics that do this are Terry and Linda Jamison, also known as the psychic twins. We can even dream of more events close to home. These are very helpful and usually occur when we are meant to prevent an event from happening in our own lives.

There are many different reasons as to why we dream though no one has reached a conclusive rationale. I have found that there are many types of dreams and some of them include:
• Process dreams*– this is the way our mind goes through the events of our day. Rehashing over procedures, dialog and events. You may find yourself restructuring a conversation that didn’t go so well in your waking life, so that you can have a better outcome in your dreams. We can sometimes use process dreams to help us in our lives to make sure we don’t say or do the same things again.

• Venting/Nightmare Dreams*– this one is probably apparent from the title. You may find yourself naked at work or being chased by a never-before seen monster that sounds very much like your boss. These dreams can help you to get rid of unwanted fears and worry by working themselves out in your dreams; albeit they are never very pleasant. These dreams can help us to understand that we are worrying in waking life so much that it is bleeding through into our dreams. Being ill can also cause nightmares (medications, pain, etc).

• Premonition dreams – fires, earthquakes, accidents, and so forth. While these may not always come to pass, these dreams that seem to foretell disaster can help you to release some stress. These usually have the affect of helping you to be aware of changes that may happen around you.

• Recurring dreams*– these can be terribly annoying, especially if they are in the form of nightmares. The reasoning behind them is there is something in your waking life that you have not yet taken care of. It may be releasing guilt, fear, stress, a bad relationship and so on. From my studies, people with recurring dreams find that once they identify the reason they are having them, deal with the emotional issue involved, they stop. These can also be past life dreams. While it is not terrible common, some of us do have dreams of our lives before. These are usually very vivid and seem to repeat with exactly the same details as before.

• Wish-dreams*– these are usually the best and the most fun to have. You dream you’ve won the lottery and now are cruising down the highway in your brand new Lamborghini. Happiness in a dream will in turn attract more happiness in our waking lives. Some people refer to these as “manifesting” dreams as well. If you can dream it, believe it, you can have it. There may be something to these dreams and if you can, keep the dream alive; you never know what may come your way because of them.

• Visit Dreams*– these dreams are the most difficult to determine. Spirits can come into our dreams and manipulate them. You may have been dreaming of the beach and sunbathing when there is your father standing there in winter boots and a hat. I notice that when a spirit visits, there is usually something very off about them or the scene. Ie: my father in winter clothes on my beach. A visit dream you will remember many of the details months and sometimes years after you wake up.

There are people who wake up from a dream and report that they cannot move or open their eyes. Sleep paralysis is the term. When we sleep, our body automatically paralyzes the body to protect us from acting out our dreams. Many times we can wake up in our consciousness, but our body has not. There is nothing to fear when this happens and it is recommended that you simply do your best to fall back asleep. If you can, for even a few minutes, you will wake up without feeling paralyzed.

Remembering our dreams can happen easily for some and then there are others that never seem to remember even a portion of what happened that night. I will give you some tips that I learned over the years on how to teach your brain to recall your dreams.

1. Even if you only remember a part of the dream, keep a journal or a tape recording device at your bedside. Write or speak every detail you can remember. This will help to train your mind to recall them.

2. I once heard a man tell me that if you wake up, don’t move right away. Remain in the position you are in for a few minutes. Run your mind over what it was you were dreaming about. Relax and keep processing through it. The longer you can lie there and relax, the more you will remember. Then you can jot it down or record it.

3. My great grandmother had a old Native American way to remember her dreams. She was a full-blooded Chippewa Indian who believed in a lot of the tribal remedies for common ailments. She explained to me that to remember a dream, you must drink a ½ glass of water before bed. Then say “Great Spirit, allow me to remember the visions of the night.” In the morning, before she even got out of bed, she would drink the other ½ of the water in the glass (I used a capped bottle!) and she would remember every detail of her dreams. She was a person who had very helpful premonitions and it was always good for her to dream!

4. Playing soothing music before you fall asleep can also help to put your mind in a more relaxed state which will help you to awaken more relaxed as well. This will serve you for memory recall. As you know, a stressed mind has a harder time remembering anything, especially where you’ve placed your keys in an emergency.

I hope this article has helped you with some tips and tricks. Keeping journals has always worked best for me. Currently I have around 9 journals of my dreams, dated and put away. Who knows when I may need to refer back to a premonition or an answer to something I needed to know in the future!

© Laura Evans
Old 03-10-2011, 12:38 PM
mattie

Disagreement Valid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Sorry Slice I shouldn't have said that, it wasn't appropriate. I'll pm you later as got someone visiting any second. I don't want to take up the thread.

It's just as valid for you to state that you don't agree w/ a view as for someone else to state thier POV. I don't agree w/ what was stated about having to suppress our conscious life either.

What is curious is why you were pressured (bullied) about having another POV. Stating a different POV doesn't necessarily mean that you took it personally. It just means you disagree. It's even more curious why you felt the need to back off on your POV. By this interaction, no opposing POV would ever be expressed! LOL. It is entirely appropriate for you to express whatever POV that you want.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:50 PM
mattie

Curious Tactic & POV

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
The best way to remember your dreams is to suppress everything in your life, don't face the things that happen, don't deal with them when they do happen, but really do you want to do this, those who usually don't remember or dream that much. are usually more level headed, and are more incline to enjoy life more than those who dream all the time.

Really curious view about suppressing ‘everything in your life, don't face the things that happen, don't deal with them when they do happen’ to remember dreams. This seems to say that one should be nonfunctional to remember dreams. This seems to be opening up to dreams by refusing to deal w/ reality.

It is also an interesting POV that those who don’t dream as much are ‘usually more level headed, and are more incline[d] to enjoy life more than those who dream all the time.’!!!!! There are likely many who enjoy life & are level headed that dream profusely.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Medium_Laura

That would be me Mattie :P I dream constantly! I have so many journals of my dreams its ridiculous. :)
Old 03-10-2011, 01:39 PM
iolite

You might find it helpful to take a multi-vitamin or a b-complex to help with dream recall. One of them (B5 or B6 -- can't remember) contributes to vivid dream. Another, technique is to write the dream down -- right away -- if it wakes you up at night. With practice, I have read, the dream recall will come easier.