Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 25-09-2011, 07:39 AM
Sentientno1

My first thought on reading your op was past life recall. Before i read Whiteshamans response.

1...the dream had a 'real' life sequencial reality
2...you can remember thinking in it
...if you were both spectator and participant in the dream ( like watching a movie you star in )? You didn't mention this, but it's usualy also present.

i'm fairly certain about the 3 elements as being reliable clues because in 3 of my past life recalls i was able to track down 2 identities and varified one by knowing a person in this life that i knew in another who shared that past life experience and remembered it.
Old 25-09-2011, 09:10 AM
mattie

Processing Life Changes???

I also think the other interpretations you mention are erroneous. These meanings seem rather superficial. It is typical that all characters in a dream are us.

Meanings from dreammoods. Fuller meanings on the site.

A motel is a transitional stage & one’s potential. To see a your self shot suggests some skirmishes in real life & your feeling victimized. Dream dying is always about change. Do I remember you recently stating your personal life was undergoing some major changes? It could be about this. Rape can represent being taken advantage of w/ things being forced on you.

There are 2 symbols here about feeling victimized. Often seemingly unrelated images in a dream often have similar or the same meanings. Your feeling of acceptance about this could be that even though you feel exploited by personal changes in your life that you’re moving past this by accepting it.

Your being a woman can be your seeing your own ‘feminine’ energies. That is, nurturing, love, & passivity. I wonder if it is the passivity, not in a negative sense, but tying in w/ your feeling of acceptance about tumultuous issues in your life. The 2nd woman could be your TF. Not an earthly mate, but the opposite gender complement that is part of our HS. Both of you being shot could be that although you are going through trying circumstances you KNOW you are connected to your HS who is w/ you no matter what happens.

If this is about processing life changes, acceptance is part of moving past it. While the images utilized may be jarring & violent, don’t let these throw you.
Old 25-09-2011, 09:29 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
I also think the other interpretations you mention are erroneous. These meanings seem rather superficial. It is typical that all characters in a dream are us.

Meanings from dreammoods. Fuller meanings on the site.

A motel is a transitional stage & one’s potential. To see a your self shot suggests some skirmishes in real life & your feeling victimized. Dream dying is always about change. Do I remember you recently stating your personal life was undergoing some major changes? It could be about this. Rape can represent being taken advantage of w/ things being forced on you.

There are 2 symbols here about feeling victimized. Often seemingly unrelated images in a dream often have similar or the same meanings. Your feeling of acceptance about this could be that even though you feel exploited by personal changes in your life that you’re moving past this by accepting it.

Your being a woman can be your seeing your own ‘feminine’ energies. That is, nurturing, love, & passivity. I wonder if it is the passivity, not in a negative sense, but tying in w/ your feeling of acceptance about tumultuous issues in your life. The 2nd woman could be your TF. Not an earthly mate, but the opposite gender complement that is part of our HS. Both of you being shot could be that although you are going through trying circumstances you KNOW you are connected to your HS who is w/ you no matter what happens.

If this is about processing life changes, acceptance is part of moving past it. While the images utilized may be jarring & violent, don’t let these throw you.

Thanks Mattie....yes I don't so much as dwell on the imagery ..more a feeling into the dream.
Definatly a period of huge upheaval....victimized...I'll look into it.....being taken advantage of ....that has manifested as a beast of bourden complex of late......there is a bit going on......I have been aware that the feminine side in me rises to the occassions in times of change as it tends to handle it better than the male side.......wow.....good stuff thanks
Old 25-09-2011, 10:07 AM
mattie

Change Is A Big Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
...Definatly a period of huge upheaval...

Any type of upheaval may result in feeling in being victimized in a way, even if the change was voluntary.
Old 25-09-2011, 10:20 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Any type of upheaval may result in feeling in being victimized in a way, even if the change was voluntary.

you're right I was thinking in terms of being a victim to another person.....rather than being victimized by the universe.....in which case yes I have been wearing a big target on my forehead......I still don't know whether theres a need to heed this dream or just a dramatization of the subconscious but whatever ...I am happy I posted it here
Old 25-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
My relationship with my own dreams is that I only seem to remember consciously the ones that are of special importance to me. I have had reoccuring dreams in the past that heralded change and discovery however I had one that was a bit out of the box last week that I would appreciate any views you may have.

I am ( a male ) in the dream a twenty something brunette girl ( pretty ) in a
( sunny / well lit ) motel room, there is another girl in the room but I am not overly aware of her. The room is entered by a dark male figure who turns me around and puts 2 bullets in my back and 1 in my head. I am aware of the other girl being shot as well.

I am still alive and conscious and make a decision to play possum until the male leaves. He doesn't, He comes over to me and rapes me from behind ( I told you it was out of the box ) I am conscious during this and surprisingly my main feeling is one of acceptance and compassion. The dream then ends.
Oh by the way I am hetrosexual and happy being that way.

I checked a couple of dream interpretation sites that told me I was basically punishing myself and that I harboured anger towards the opposite sex and that I should be locked up blah blah blah. These interpretations feel contrived and don't resonate as being valid for me. Or I may be in deniel any help would be appreciated. Thank you.....

I get past life as well. This is a memory.
Old 25-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Master
NH ~~ Not a nice dream at all *Hug* ~Maybe Keep a journal of the ones that stick in yr mind ?

:)
Old 25-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Enlightener

Hiya NH,

I get the feeling this was past life too.

Though, also, when you are processing deep stuff in your dreams you will usually inhabit the opposite gender, that's what I've found. It's usually the most intense and the most memorable dreams in which I am a girl. I think these dreams are more symbolic than the usual dream too, so take note! What does it mean for you, what feelings did you get at the certain times in the dream.

Have you ever tried consciously/mentally turning left in a dream? Try it out, you'll be like omg***. Everything is back the front, sideways, upside down and inside out in the dream world. The reason you can function there is because you are playing by those 'rules'. Lucid dreaming, where you can control the dream can be interesting, as you can play by the rules, or choose to function from your waking mind, which is where it goes topside.

Anyways, possibly past life, definitely get a strong feeling on that one.
Old 25-09-2011, 11:57 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
That's unusual. Psychologists will tell you its the core stuff that remains. You can re-wire the rest but the core issues are your reminders and triggers throughout your life. hmmmm
To this day, the only accepted therapy that has any significant effect on the roots of people's problems is EMDR, an intervention which is still highly controversial.
CBT doesn't even try.

So unaddressed roots = core problems you're stuck with your whole life.

Dreams tend to mostly have meaning for the dreamer, and so external dream interpretation is rarely helpful.

Obviously, they make no sense if interpreted as a story or film. You need to go back to what you actually experienced including the non-sequitur bits you left out. Instead of trying to take meaning from a meaningless sequence, track the sequence of meanings of each little bit.

It's pretty mind-blowing when you follow this. It's a technique from from Dreaming Realities by Silverthorn and Overdurf.
Old 26-09-2011, 12:39 AM
not human

It is really helpful... even if the insight into the dream is personal, to think tank it in this way as a clarity is emerging from the many viewpoints. I am sure that a dream can be seen on a few different levels and each level is valid. What I am gaining out of this is a message of acceptance through chaos and change.