Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 17-10-2011, 05:58 PM
GregoryScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehermit
IThe dream itself was seperated in parts/rooms. It was not until the end where I realized where I was (which was a house/hostel split into two levels: the subconscious/our true sel and the conscious mind/what we show to others). This dream was related to a male friend that I commonly astral too.

It's much much longer so i'll try my best to cut it down to this specfic part.
I first started in a dark room with a close friend at the time. her name is Krystal. The focal point was fish and a tank. I ran from it, tried to feed it (and ultimately failed) and found that in that room there were meotional issues I was trying to bury and failed at. lol. The second room I moved to was a class room. My friend Krystal was there as well. The class room had 6 or 7 desk in each row, 6 rows (24ish total?). The board in the front had triangles, circles, and numbers. Possibly 7 windows. It was night outside, there stars as well. One desk at the right had two books--one red and one white. The red was a Love and Angel book (I rarely dream of Angels or heavenly spirits). The second was a Psychic knowledge book (seemed to resemble marble). Very detailed pictures were throughout the book (almost resembled common Italian ren. style ). I look at one of the angels and my friend turned to me and said "No, they are not the ones you should pray to. It is this one." she then points to one angel who at first glance seemed hideous. I described him in my head as a beast but felt uncofmortable saying this. He resembled half-man, half-lion. Long flowing mane and was draped in white clothes. He sat on a marble bench with other female angels. 7 people on the bench in all, I believe. The one angel next to him whispered in his ear, as if to tell him others were gossiping of him. The others tried to avert their gaze but could not fight curiosity. Behind them was another row with what seemed to be twice as many angels--all of which were blantly gossiping (12 or so). In the corner, unseen in the picture but clearly felt, was God. He was outlined with bright blue (like a shetch) and only his feet and cloth were visable. The lion looked directly to God and no one else.

After telling a roommate she google the information and found a bble verse in Revelations relating to the entrance in heaven I think. There was described a beast (that remembled a lion), some of the numbers within my dream, a gallery of angels, the prescence of God, and crystals (describing the atomosphere/lights or something). My memory is a bit rusty now but I can try googling it for you if you'd like.

Hope this helps. It's a really odd dream. Overall it was about options, finding myself, and spiritual growth. It lasted for hours it seemed. During one part the bottom half (and hidden part) of the house had caught fire. As we went to tell everyone to evacuate there was one man within a bright and sunny room (it was night every where else). Water as flowing behind him. We tried to tell him (once leaving the living room/school) you should save yourself and he tells me its matter of control...that the world you live in and struggles are illusions. For me to believe in a fire meant that there was a fire. However, he did not beleive there was a fire because he knew better, spiritually he was trying to become "fuller" so the fire did not exist. I thought he was an odd man so I shut the door, and told him good luck with that and continued to find a way out. But months later, I'm starting to see what he was getting at. lol

What a fascinating dream! There looks to be a few similarities, such as the features of this being. The more I contemplate my experience I feel his mane may have been hair. The reason I say this is for one it was much too long, and the way it flowed it resembled as such. My first impression of him was that of a God; so much power and wisdom, I felt him to be all-knowing. And the love pouring out of him was indescribable, there are NO words.

I have a few questions if thatís okay? Iím curious about the geometric symbols you saw on the chalk-board; possible equations, maybeÖ Did they feel significant in any way; you remembered them so Iím guessing they did. What do you feel they meant? The reason I ask is during a meditation years ago, it was actually the first time I left my body. I was about 30 minutes into the meditation and all the sudden I felt a release from my physical body and began seeing symbols of triangles, circles, squares and some other that I recently discovered looked like sacred geometric cubes. Then I saw explosions of colors that rippled off from its point of impact. To this day I still have no idea as to what they could possible mean. My only guess, it was my experience in mathematical form; I could be way off though.

Iím also curious about the last part of your dream. The old man, do you believe he was some type of guide or maybe another aspect of yourself; possibly your higher-self? Whatís interesting to me is I began to have what I call follow-up dreams after this one. I also dreamed of fire; a solar-flair shot off the sun which engulfed the Earth and leveled everything in sight. But in my dream I was alone. Before it hit I jumped into a building just before impact. As the wave of fire passed over the entire building collapsed over me. Somehow I survived. I walked out into the street and could only see black ash, there was nothing standing. I had a couple more disaster dreams after this one.

Greg
Old 28-10-2011, 06:09 PM
scramble2fly

Lion headed human body

Hi Greg,

You seemed to have had an amazing dream. Some of the posts so far are also fascinating. I am new to this forum - I found your post when I was googling for more details about the Hindu God 'NaraSimha'. I am not sure whether this site is limited to any particular religion or faith (apologies if it is) but I just registered to enable me to reply to your post.

NaraSimha literally means 'Man-Lion'. Hindu scriptures tell us that God Almighty took the form of half man/half lion in order to eliminate the evil Demon king who had obtained a boon asking for only specific ways of dying. This was nothing short of having asked for immortality - he wanted death neither from an animal nor from a human, neither from a weapon nor from trauma, neither at night nor at day, neither inside his palace nor outside, etc. Scriptures say this demon king was so powerful and terrorised this earth and extraterrestrial places! The paradox was the evil demon's son was an ardent devotee of God and refused his evil father's command of stop worshipping God and to worship him. So eventually God took this half human/half lion form to kill the demon king. The timing was twilight (neither night nor day), on the treshold of his palace (neither in nor out) and with his sharp nails (no weapon). Although this was a ferocious 'avatar' (sanskrit word for 'incarnation'), the Lord was fully pacified by the love shown by the slain king's little son and was said to be seen as very benevolent.

Just a quick line about 'avatars'. Hindu scriptures say God claims to take form (avatar or incarnation) periodically to get rid of evil and that life on this planet is cyclical (life gets completely destroyed before new starts and this is perpetual, each phase called a yuga which span hundreds of thousands of years). So far, apparently 9 (out of 10 avatars) have come and gone (the last one was supposed to be the Buddha. NaraSimha was the fifth). The 10th one is said to be 'Kalki' who will appear in this 'yuga' but not till the very end. We are apparently at the beginning relatively (with only a few tens of thousands of years having passed).

Sorry about the long post but just thought I'll throw in my perspective amongst the mix of replies you have already had. Good luck with everything and all the very best. May peace be with you and all
Old 29-10-2011, 03:11 AM
GregoryScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble2fly
Hi Greg,

You seemed to have had an amazing dream. Some of the posts so far are also fascinating. I am new to this forum - I found your post when I was googling for more details about the Hindu God 'NaraSimha'. I am not sure whether this site is limited to any particular religion or faith (apologies if it is) but I just registered to enable me to reply to your post.

NaraSimha literally means 'Man-Lion'. Hindu scriptures tell us that God Almighty took the form of half man/half lion in order to eliminate the evil Demon king who had obtained a boon asking for only specific ways of dying. This was nothing short of having asked for immortality - he wanted death neither from an animal nor from a human, neither from a weapon nor from trauma, neither at night nor at day, neither inside his palace nor outside, etc. Scriptures say this demon king was so powerful and terrorised this earth and extraterrestrial places! The paradox was the evil demon's son was an ardent devotee of God and refused his evil father's command of stop worshipping God and to worship him. So eventually God took this half human/half lion form to kill the demon king. The timing was twilight (neither night nor day), on the treshold of his palace (neither in nor out) and with his sharp nails (no weapon). Although this was a ferocious 'avatar' (sanskrit word for 'incarnation'), the Lord was fully pacified by the love shown by the slain king's little son and was said to be seen as very benevolent.

Just a quick line about 'avatars'. Hindu scriptures say God claims to take form (avatar or incarnation) periodically to get rid of evil and that life on this planet is cyclical (life gets completely destroyed before new starts and this is perpetual, each phase called a yuga which span hundreds of thousands of years). So far, apparently 9 (out of 10 avatars) have come and gone (the last one was supposed to be the Buddha. NaraSimha was the fifth). The 10th one is said to be 'Kalki' who will appear in this 'yuga' but not till the very end. We are apparently at the beginning relatively (with only a few tens of thousands of years having passed).

Sorry about the long post but just thought I'll throw in my perspective amongst the mix of replies you have already had. Good luck with everything and all the very best. May peace be with you and all

First of all welcome to the board scramble2fly.

Yeah, this is more of a universal board, I've found no discrimination here. Everyone here is treated as equals whatever their faith may be. In my limited research I have found all religions to have one thing in common, the search for God/Love. Even though I follow no denomination I have found all religions fascinating knowing this one simple truth.

Thank you for your reply, and defiantly not too long; I found myself wanting to read more. With the input from all who contributed to this thread I now believe him to be an Avatar/God. I say it this way because I felt they were one in the same. And from what you just said I believe this even more-so.
His exact words were ďTo those who havith faith in thy God shall be protectedĒ. It was as if he was speaking in biblical terms. I only reworded it because it didnít sound right; ďhavithĒ isnít even a word, I donít thinkÖ so I didnít feel it would matter. Maybe it does maybe it doesnít, I honestly donít know. Iím curious, what do you think he was speaking of? At the time of the dream it meant nothing to me. It was only recently that this dream was brought to my attention ironically enough through another dream I just had this past December. They seemed to link together somehow. Which logically make no sense, it was only in the dream that it did. Of course I believe if we could link the conscious mind to the subconscious we would probably go insane in a matter of seconds.

Thank you so much for your reply; it couldnít have come at a better time.

Take care,
Greg
Old 12-11-2011, 07:23 PM
scramble2fly

Half-man half-lion

Thanks Greg.

I think 'havith' might possibly have been 'haveth'. 'Haveth' and 'hath' are old English terminologies for the present day word 'has'

I am just an amateur in my spiritual journey and cannot give you a definitive answer. From your description, I feel He was trying to convey to you to have faith in Him (God). Although I would believe He was the Hindu God NaraSimha, I don't think he was trying to say anything about any specific religion (ie, not trying to lure you to Hinduism, etc) but making a general proclamation to you to have faith in God Almighty. There are quite a few Sanskrit verses that would directly translate to what he said 'Those who have faith in God shall be protected'. In fact those who are quite advanced in their spitituality say once a certain level is reached, God becomes more important and prescribed religion holds no meaning.

Why did you see this dream? Either you may have reached a high level of spiritual attainment and God wanted to speak to you or if not you may have been doubting the existence of God and He wanted to say something to you. Either way, I think you are lucky and blessed to have seem Him.

Wish you good luck.
Old 14-11-2011, 12:54 AM
GregoryScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble2fly
Thanks Greg.

I think 'havith' might possibly have been 'haveth'. 'Haveth' and 'hath' are old English terminologies for the present day word 'has'

I am just an amateur in my spiritual journey and cannot give you a definitive answer. From your description, I feel He was trying to convey to you to have faith in Him (God). Although I would believe He was the Hindu God NaraSimha, I don't think he was trying to say anything about any specific religion (ie, not trying to lure you to Hinduism, etc) but making a general proclamation to you to have faith in God Almighty. There are quite a few Sanskrit verses that would directly translate to what he said 'Those who have faith in God shall be protected'. In fact those who are quite advanced in their spitituality say once a certain level is reached, God becomes more important and prescribed religion holds no meaning.

Why did you see this dream? Either you may have reached a high level of spiritual attainment and God wanted to speak to you or if not you may have been doubting the existence of God and He wanted to say something to you. Either way, I think you are lucky and blessed to have seem Him.

Wish you good luck.

What’s interesting to me is when I remember back to the time of the dream I was studying Buddhism. I had no knowledge of Hinduism, or of NaraSimha; I had never seen anything that even resembled this being. But yet for something I have never seen before I remember him with great detail???

He didn’t have the long nose of a common lion it was much closer to human but wider. He had the wide eyes of a lion; very large. The shape of his head was a cross between lion and man. The back of his head was lion-shaped, while the front was closer to man. He had very long golden hair that at first I believed it to be his mane. His torso, arms and legs were human-like, but had lion’s paws. He sat very tall and proud on his throne, with paws overlapping the arms of the chair. He was so graceful in his motions. Before he spoke he reared back as if to take in a deep breath. Then his words came out like thunder. It was very intense and powerful; his voice shook the entire auditorium and continued to rumble even after he was finished. The throne he was sitting on had a wall behind it and this was all slowly rotating away from me. With his last word the wall slammed shut with him and the throne on the other side, which made a loud explosion that shook the room even more so.

Now oddly enough Christ paid me a visit within a week of NaraSimha. And again, this made no sense to me. I was raised a Mormon, who are Christens of course. The thing is this religion was forced on me as a child so every view I had of Christianity was completely negative. Anyway, he came to my bedside and pulled me from my body and then took me to a place surrounded in white light. It appeared to be a temple of some kind; there were pillars all around the room. He told me there were 3 things to live by and then sent me back to my body.

In both of these dreams I remember feeling I was in the presents of something very pure; they both had love pouring out of them that was without condition. One other similarity was they both cared for me like you wouldn’t believe, and wanted me to heed their words with passion.

I appreciate your input on this scramble2fly, thank you.
Greg
Old 23-03-2012, 05:31 AM
GregoryScott

I just wanted to thank “in progress” for an email you sent me on this subject. Thank you so much for the link! http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Places-...2333031&sr=8-1

Very interesting, thank you! I did feel that I was ready to receive guidance at that time. My life made so much since at that point. Unfortunately I took a different path to fit in with society, then lost all I was given. A couple years ago I believe I was given another chance. But now the information that comes through is mostly distorted and can only remember random bits on information. You couldn’t have email at a better time; this has been on my mind a great deal lately. This is exactly what I needed, thank you.

Greg