Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 20-07-2016, 01:30 PM
Seeker

If any chakra is blocked or their is some that are way stronger then the others this can cause an imbalance physically, emotionally, and mentally. It can make you feel physically ill in certain areas of your body make you moody, sensitive angry etc. and give you weird phobias or mental illnesses.
Old 21-07-2016, 06:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellarnova
I am brand new and know next to nothing about chakras. I don't have a mentor or anyone to explain this to me.

For most of my life I have suffered from severe depression and anxiety. I was diagnosed with Bipolar II, however some therapists say I do not meet the criteria. I'm not interested in the label, as I believe its all on the same spectrum.

I'm tired of having to take medication and seeing no results, tired of going to therapy, and tired of feeling this way.

Ive come to the conclusion that I must have an energy blockage that is causing me to be this way. Does anyone have an idea of which it could be?

Thank you.
Chakras exist in the subtle body and are basically unaffected by mental illness, being that the illness is 'mental'.

Besides, who is to say a schizophrenic person hears voices because their third-eye is open? not me.

Who is to say a nympho can't turn their second chakra off? not me.

Who is to say a depressed person has their heart chakra closed? nay.

It's more of a causal than direct relation, but you can't attribute it to any chakra, even though the resulting symptoms of it can affect them on some level.

Sometimes we all can move from our head to our heart and vice versa real quick...some people may be 'Bipolar' and don't even know it eh?

Let's just say it's not as black and white as all that, because there are certain corresponding nervous pathways also involved here. It's all interconnected.
Old 21-07-2016, 08:29 PM
Master

If someone has a mental illness which causes say bitterness and hence cruelity etc, it will further block their heart chakra. Emotional states can expand or make chakras and their energy smaller and the longer the issue goes on, the more impact it is on the chakra.

You cant have an emotion positive or negative without affecting chakras in some way (and then in turn the chakras also affect the emotions.. someone with a big heart chakra will more easily feel love and be loving).

It is all interconnected.
Old 22-07-2016, 01:38 PM
Knower
I believe though that mental illness is not just 'mental' - it has physical manifestations, and I know that the chakras can help unblock and heal physical body problems. So I think there might be an indirect way to help mental illness. I am bipolar, and would love to have chakra work done to see if it helps.
Old 31-07-2016, 02:28 PM
Knower

Perhaps the mighty and egoistic higher self?
Old 31-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello,

I know we create a great deal of energy through our thought patterns. I was under the impression that therapists will help a person with these things.

Best Wishes,
John
I am sure higher selves can easily hijack brains for its purpose and then leave you in the middle of nowhere.
Old 31-07-2016, 02:31 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
If someone has a mental illness which causes say bitterness and hence cruelity etc, it will further block their heart chakra. Emotional states can expand or make chakras and their energy smaller and the longer the issue goes on, the more impact it is on the chakra.

You cant have an emotion positive or negative without affecting chakras in some way (and then in turn the chakras also affect the emotions.. someone with a big heart chakra will more easily feel love and be loving).

It is all interconnected.
Any scientific research on above claims or just a lot of bla bla bla?
Old 07-08-2016, 10:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighter
Any scientific research on above claims or just a lot of bla bla bla?

I can scan chakras hence why I said what I do, I dont need scientific research for what I can really feel. Others can feel these too.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:23 PM
Knower

OP, health is holistic in that it involves both the physical and spiritual bodies to varying degrees - some diseases are entirely physical, and some are entirely spiritual. No two cases are the same, so generalizations about which chakra "causes" mental illness won't necessarily be helpful to you. What is important is that you find a solution that resonates with you. For some people, this includes psychiatric medication alongside spiritual healing to cope with symptoms and get to the root of the disease. I am not a qualified medical professional who can tell you whether to stay on your meds or not, but since you have bipolar disorder, I would exercise special caution when tampering with them.
Old 28-08-2016, 05:40 PM
Experiencer

It's good to know that others on this forum may be "bipolar" or "autistic". So am I, or so I believe sometimes. But after learning some things, I realized that those terms are just labels for groups of symptoms with varying root causes. The disorder names are absolutely arbitrary but the suffering is very real.

Each case of mental illness is completely unique, and as someone who has been/kinda still is there, I think we all experience depression, mania, social phobia, hallucinations to some degree. Few are a textbook example of [insert disease here].

Disease, dis-ease, unhappiness, inbalance. Constant struggle with sickness is not normal in wild balanced ecosystem. But as modern humans, we eat diets we weren't designed for, don't rise or set with the sun, consume chemicals that don't occur naturally on this planet, don't exercise, live in cramped anoxic places....Our internal ecosystems are as fudged up as our external ecosystem.

The basic needs are all the same- fresh air, clean water, wholesome food, regular exercise, deep sleep, and a good strong soul. But the details are unique to each individual's constitution. You could have a nutritional deficiency, hormonal imbalance, neurological injury, a dark entity following you....Many of these dark problems perpetuate each other in a negative feedback loop.

I'll be the one to say that artificially altering your bipolar symptoms with pills some apes cooked up in a test tube probably ain't too healthy. However, quitting such dangerous psychiatric drugs cold turkey can kill you. Wean yourself off of them as soon as possible. Perhaps supplement with herbs and necessary nutrients known to help with depression.

Meditation is a lifesaver. Don't lose hope if you can't "clear your mind", unwanted thoughts are the obstacles necessary to strengthen the soul. Thank your thoughts for their challenge, thank your brain for being able to think, and then turn your attention to savoring each breath like fine wine. Just be patient with yourself.

Get out into nature as much as you can. Humans are apes who came from the forest, evolved for the plains, and wandered into the harsh deserts. We are a strong clever species when in a balanced ecosystem. Find a nearby nook of nature that speaks to you, small and sickly it may be. A thicket off a city road, a small stand of prairie plants, etc. Meditate there and breathe in the oxygen.

Don't forget a bottle of water either, I do that a lot. Easy to find wild food if you know what you're looking for, but clean water is a different matter. Water flushes out noxious things. It unclogs the body, mind, and soul. You need it to move.

The "Deadly Sin" of sloth is now believed by some to be clinical depression. I'm ambiguous on the whole sin/evil/good/etc thing, but the opposite of sloth is momentum. The remedy for most ills is 1/3 meditation and 2/3 movement.

Consider taking up Tai Chi or another similar discipline. It'll change the way way you move, help your physical and spiritual juices flow right. Even just 15 minutes of focused stretching per day really helped me find balance.

Sleep in the dark, wake with the sun, stretch your bones, drink the ancient water of life....Run with your bare feet, lift with your knees, squat in the bushes, eat of juicy fruit and flesh....Sing as you work, play to learn, set with the sun, and savor every breath....I wish you the best.