Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 08-06-2018, 05:15 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
There should always be a level of balance, within the created world. A level of give and take. If one is seeing a healer, or a medium, whatever, and just taking, taking, taking, you are creating an imbalance of energies. And chances are, the person, probably is not respecting the energies, or the person providing them to you.

Seeing a healing/medium/guide whatever you want to, you are for one, seeing them on their time. They are giving you time, they are giving you energy, they are giving you a vast wealth of knowledge, love, and support. If you are just going and taking all of that, without offering to return anything to them. Well, it would be kind of rude... See, the thing is, money is not the root of all evil. Money is an exchange of energies. But beyond that, there are various other ways to exchange energies to them as well. Such as perhaps buying them a meal to eat. Or, maybe giving them gas money. This world is all word of mouth. So spreading the words of them. Sharing things for them. Is also helpful as well.

Many people also rent spaces for this work, and the last time I checked, you can't tell your landlord that you are not paying rent ever, because you are doing healing work.

Well, Jesus told his disciples this. "11 Whatever town or village you enter, search there for some worthy person and stay at their house until you leave."

Which, is asking for a payment of energy to be exchanged. Staying in someone's house. They would shelter you. They also would probably feed you. And maybe even clothe you. So, energy is exchanged. And you are staying there for as long as you are doing your work in that town. Which could be a week, or months, or even years. So energy is exchanged.

So it's one thing to be "motivated" by money as you say. And only do it for the money. It's another to be open to an exchange of energies/money/whatever.

Then the question is, how many are doing it without an exchange because they believe they are doing it for a heavenly exchange, and pay off in heaven?

Perfectly put!

In Alchemy there's always an exchange, you cant make gold from air. Whether it be karmic because someone came to me for free healing or money, food, appreciation, maybe even services offered.

I always offer free advice if one is genuine and open. I also offer teaching others whatever they ask of me including EFT Reiki Even my trade. Teaching others who come to me always pays off in the end. But I will never offer to do energy work on someone for free unless they are actually in need and don't have a form of payment available. which will never happen becasue if they are genuine they will find something to offer. If someone is surviving on a low salary and can afford a iphone, macbook pro, and that lexus and want healing free than apparently your not taking healing seriously. And knowing that a healer is just a channel and not actually doing the healing (the patient is), why would any healer do that? If i use my time and energy to help them and they don't believe its going to work than we've both wasted time and that karma is going to both of us. leaving the patient worse off in some cases than before they came looking for entertainment.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:00 AM
Guide

I too am I healer and medium. I never request payment, though I do accept donations.

Am I expecting some for of "exchange?" No, not at all. I don't think I'll be racking up any "goodie points" for helping others and I don't expect to reap some sort of reward when I cross to the other side of the life/afterlife boundary.

I do healing work for friends and acquaintances, simply because I care and it feels like the right thing to do. I guarantee you I'll never make a living at it, and that is as it should be.

I don't see anything inherently wrong with requesting payment for healing services, except that bringing money into the picture alters the spiritual balance. When I do healing it is simply me and the client. I send energy and receive energy back.

But bring money into it and there is a third party to the transaction. Then it becomes me, the client, money, and the energy that the client would have returned directly to me gets filtered through money first. The exchange of currently changes the interaction from healing to commerce, from sharing of love/energy to sharing of money.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tiger

I don't see anything inherently wrong with requesting payment for healing services, except that bringing money into the picture alters the spiritual balance. When I do healing it is simply me and the client. I send energy and receive energy back.

But bring money into it and there is a third party to the transaction. Then it becomes me, the client, money, and the energy that the client would have returned directly to me gets filtered through money first. The exchange of currently changes the interaction from healing to commerce, from sharing of love/energy to sharing of money.

Bringing money into the equation doesn't alter the spiritual balance... We just assume it does because we have created a negative connotation on money. We see money as evil. We see it as bad. We see us as having money as being non spiritual. We created a world where we see those who have anything as being unholy, and those who have nothing being the ones who are the most holy.. But that's just our perceptions of how we see ourselves and the world around us.

If we say money is not spiritual, than there would be no need to donate money to charity, or give money for a person who can not afford to it. It would be completely nonspiritual to do so... Yet, we don't see that that way at all. Why is that? Because of our intentions behind it. Money is neutral. It's just the current form of currency in this reality. Is it used wrongly? You betcha. But for most of us, it's just the way of living. And the way we need to live. You wouldn't tell your boss to not pay you for your day of hard work would you? Your not any less spiritual because you got paid for doing your job are you? It's just a form of exchange between two parties.

Money doesn't come from a third party during your session because the client already has money. So it's an exchange from them to you. Thus them completing the loop between you and them. Now, if your client can't afford it, and you deny them because of it.. Well you are now doing things purely for money.

But exchange of energy does not need to be monetary. There are other things that can be exchanged.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:09 PM
Guide

Quote:
Bringing money into the equation doesn't alter the spiritual balance... We just assume it does because we have created a negative connotation on money. We see money as evil. We see it as bad. We see us as having money as being non spiritual. We created a world where we see those who have anything as being unholy, and those who have nothing being the ones who are the most holy.. But that's just our perceptions of how we see ourselves and the world around us.

If we say money is not spiritual, than there would be no need to donate money to charity, or give money for a person who can not afford to it. It would be completely nonspiritual to do so... Yet, we don't see that that way at all. Why is that? Because of our intentions behind it. Money is neutral. It's just the current form of currency in this reality. Is it used wrongly? You betcha. But for most of us, it's just the way of living. And the way we need to live. You wouldn't tell your boss to not pay you for your day of hard work would you? Your not any less spiritual because you got paid for doing your job are you? It's just a form of exchange between two parties.

Money doesn't come from a third party during your session because the client already has money. So it's an exchange from them to you. Thus them completing the loop between you and them. Now, if your client can't afford it, and you deny them because of it.. Well you are now doing things purely for money.

But exchange of energy does not need to be monetary. There are other things that can be exchanged.

Actually Innerlight you totally misunderstand my meaning.

Money is not evil, not at all.

But FOR ME (remember this is all about my personal experience/beliefs) if there is an expectation of being paid two things happen:

1) I find I pressure myself to "perform" to provide measurable results. This, for me, distracts from the giving of healing. It pulls attention from the healing and onto PERFORMING a task for reward.

2) When I do healing I intend it as a GIFT. I give it and would no more ask for payment than I would give a Christmas gift along with a bill. If I am paid, it is not a gift you see.

I've no idea how other healers think or feel about this topic. Probably there are at least two camps, those who are trying to make a living at this and those whose intentions are solely to help. If I depended on healing to support myself I would probably force myself to somehow come to a level of comfort when it comes to payments.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:09 PM
Master
Quote:

But FOR ME (remember this is all about my personal experience/beliefs) if there is an expectation of being paid two things happen:

1) I find I pressure myself to "perform" to provide measurable results. This, for me, distracts from the giving of healing. It pulls attention from the healing and onto PERFORMING a task for reward.

2) When I do healing I intend it as a GIFT. I give it and would no more ask for payment than I would give a Christmas gift along with a bill. If I am paid, it is not a gift you see.

I've no idea how other healers think or feel about this topic. Probably there are at least two camps, those who are trying to make a living at this and those whose intentions are solely to help. If I depended on healing to support myself I would probably force myself to somehow come to a level of comfort when it comes to payments.

2) is great and really works for me. The ability to heal is a gift and is best given as a gift, no one would give a bill along with a gift! Wonderful
Old 10-06-2018, 04:14 AM
Master

I used to be against payment for healing, and certain services until I was given a different perspective. Healers pay thousands of dollars to learn better ways of healing and treatments, etc. That doesn't come at no cost. Also, the pay covers the time. If a healer is making his/her money at a full time job, then they have very little time to heal. It's not like the old days where people bring their shaman food, tools etc.

Most people I know of DO refund if they can't help someone, or they tell the person up front. It's not always a limitation of the healer not to provide a service, but often it is incompatible energy.

Having an evaluation system would be great. There's just no one there to govern that. There are websites out there to rate medical doctors that are used infrequently, case in point.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:24 AM
Guide

Quote:

I understand that it’s your personal experience, and I respect your decision, but remember that each healer has a different decision that’s best for them. I really doubt it’s the black and white image of every healer having to do one decision or another.

Many lightworkers out there don’t just work as healers — but also in ordinary practical jobs — even those aiming in much less people-oriented/analytical jobs like I do, but this doesn’t stop them from using intuitive skills for it.

I don’t see why healing is distinguised from other fields as “more sacred” to not spend money with. Other fields can help other people as much in different ways — doctors can support illnesses, inventors can create energy saving technology for the Earth, bankers might create an ethical type of trade, and more.

Removing money from the equation might lessen a temptation, but to do this doesn’t solve the root issues of the inner intentions of greed. Much of the whole idea of spirituality is changing the inside, rather than blaming external items for causing immoral or negative reactions.

Even without money, nearly anything can cause greed. It could be taking too much of someone’s time, using your words wrongly, keeping items to yourself, using talents and abilities for the wrong purposes, and so many other things.

Greed with money is a symptom of a much deeper root cause, not money. The advantage with doing it for free is that you temporarily find less intentions to use it for bad, but the disadvantage is you have less resources to do good.

Money can be used for books and classes to better your skills. It can be used for donations to help charities. It could be used to support so many things of a higher vibration. If you don’t use it for good, then someone else out there might use it for a worse and even cruel purpose.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:40 PM
Master
Quote:

You're looking at it black and white as this is about dollar signs. This is a business. A way of living. For some, it is their way of living. But it's more than that. If you are giving a blessing of love, that blessing should always be spread and shared. It should never be horded. If you continue to bless someone, and they continue to horde your blessing, they are creating an imbalance between you and them. Energy is not flowing properly. Love should always be shared. Again, it's not about a dollar sign. It's about exchanging energy in some way. Paying it forward if you will. The energy is returned to you, and you again, spread it to another. And another. And another. The flow keeps going. It keeps spreading. It's a beautiful thing.

You're not performing for measurable results. There is nothing to measure with healing. Healing is not quantifiable. That's why so many people don't heal. They expect a black and white answer to healing. They confuse it with curing. Come to you. You give them a reading. You put your hands on them. They are cured. They walk out and go about their lives like nothing changed. Healing is more than that. Healing is a path of wellness, and it's a never ending path. You play your role as guide/mentor/teacher to them upon this path of awareness.. However when it's free, it becomes something most do not take serious. I witness that around here all the time with free readings. People see free. So they jump on it. They get their reading. Many don't even provide feedback on it. And then just go on to the next reader for a free reading. Then the next. Then the next. Not paying mind to any love/advise/wisdom they are given. Because, well it's free. For most who give something for it, take it more serious. Because well, they had to offer something for it. Granted, not all of them. Because not everyone is ready to walk the path of healing in their lives. It's like I already said. They expect it to be a miracle cure, and life goes on. Well, you don't want to be doing miracle cures. More karma is involved, and even taking away life lessons that could have been given through illness.

So it's not just about changing an exact amount for it. Like, charging a family member, or friend for it. But energy should be shared among everyone. Family/friends should be exchanging that energy in some way/shape or form. Hopefully friends/family already do that.

And there will be plenty of times you will be doing stuff in this world, and in other worlds, for no charge. Giving it away. Spreading love. As it's not just about making money.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:36 PM
Master

We all create the reality we want to live in. that is the promise we were given when we became alive. that we can be and have anything we want. Limited imagination creates limited worlds. thinking you have to take from others to get your part is flawed in some sense. true in others. thinking anyone needs healing is in itself flawed in the same way. thinking you can heal something that is already whole might be futile. Yet if that is the world you choose, then that is yours to live. and in that it becomes true and valid. beautiful and amazing. If you feel like being a healer, then just know that there is no limit to infinity... so if you need others to be broken so you can heal them, you can get that in abundance. our world is not limited in any way.

I can do that thing others call healing; yet I can also see that other thing that is happening
Old 13-06-2018, 12:55 AM
Guide

Quote:
You're looking at it black and white as this is about dollar signs. This is a business. A way of living. For some, it is their way of living.

For some people, Innerlight, you are right. It is a business. That's why I keep saying that I am only speaking from my own perspective. Not sure why you keep making it sound as if my personal habits are misguided or black/white thinking.

Each person must make their own decisions based on their own needs, perspective, and beliefs. Money is not evil. Not charging is not wrong, nor is it somehow more sacred/holy/whatever. Charging is not wrong, either.

To charge or not to charge is a free will question. Each must do as they feel they must.