Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 03-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Re Miss Hepburn: *laughs* I'm going to ask if you are the more of the 'Christian Mystic' type. :-)
Old 04-01-2011, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan_Prien
Re Miss Hepburn: *laughs* I'm going to ask if you are the more of the 'Christian Mystic' type. :-)

Honey, I'm a Hindu-Buddhist-Sufi-Christian-New Thought Mystic.
But I'd never pass as a Shaman.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Ah...a Spiritual Heinz 57
Old 04-01-2011, 05:30 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
Yes! And if you look deeper you'll also find that virtually every religion with an avatar at its core has a whole host of the exact same attributes...! These avatars must all be born of a virgin or exhibit some form of divine birth. They take on their mission at the age of 30. They are all sacrificed at the age of 33. They all rise from the dead to ascend into some sort of heavenly realms.

Interesting...could you give some examples?
Old 04-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Kapitan_Prien

(I'm being silly here...)

how about me - I took on my commission with U 47 at the age of 30, and then when I died in the war I was 33...I guess I rose from the dead in a sense to be reincarnated via soul exchange
Old 05-01-2011, 12:55 AM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan_Prien
(I'm being silly here...)

how about me - I took on my commission with U 47 at the age of 30, and then when I died in the war I was 33...I guess I rose from the dead in a sense to be reincarnated via soul exchange

Yes, but did you walk on water???
Old 05-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Kapitan_Prien

No...I used a U-Boat
Old 05-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
Interesting...could you give some examples?

Here's a link to get you started...it starts out with this sentence, then proceeds to stories of Egypt, Horus, Buddha, Mithra, Perseus -you name it :

Miraculous births are a common motif in historical literature and religious texts. Stories of miraculous births often include miraculous conceptions and features such as intervention by a deity, supernatural elements, astronomical signs, hardship or in the case of some mythologies complex plots related to creation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miraculous_births

This parallels Christian stuff with pagan origins:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa0.htm

This has to be the most controversial - Horus and Christ:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa5.htm

Enjoy!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Thanks for adding the links Miss Hepburn :)
Old 08-01-2011, 01:54 AM
Cal

Yes, thanks Miss Hepburn. Very interesting