Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 22-02-2013, 09:38 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MU!!
Soccer or futbol?

He/she said she was curving the ball so I ASSumed beezball.

Now see... I missed that part... so for me it could have just as easily been football... and would the response be read differently were it written by a male or a female? A child or a grown-up? An Asian or an Hispanic, with a good grasp of English? Subtle variations, but rich with diverse imagery...

Now if you're anticipating their next move, based on the assumption of base ball, do you envision them pitching the same with the next batter? :^)
Old 22-02-2013, 10:11 PM
MU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
Now see... I missed that part... so for me it could have just as easily been football... and would the response be read differently were it written by a male or a female? A child or a grown-up? An Asian or an Hispanic, with a good grasp of English? Subtle variations, but rich with diverse imagery...

Now if you're anticipating their next move, based on the assumption of base ball, do you envision them pitching the same with the next batter? :^)
I imagine we'll get banned if we keep derailing threads.
Old 22-02-2013, 10:41 PM
StephenK

Quote:
I imagine we'll get banned if we keep derailing threads.

Then let's tie our conversation back to the original thread, I actually don't believe we ever left it... Mark started this by attempting to nail down some beliefs that he has about death. But aren't all beliefs conditional? We may think one way now, but if we had a near death experience, or a most insightful lucid dream, or stepped out of our body at some point and looked back upon our physical self... would that not instantly change the lens that we've been looking through at such things?

All beliefs are conditional... and most certainty those about death... we hold them like playing cards, trade them when convenient, share them, preach them, second guess them, based on what we know about our situation so far...

Let's review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark payne
I don't believe in death, I have thought about alot, and for a long time, like most things that don't make sense to me, I think about them, and I try to see how it feels to me, and I've decided that death is something that is manmade, thats its an end, its final, there is no more, one chance, thats all folks! No second chance, no refund, no nothing, why?
You could go to heaven, why? I want to experience more, to try out something else, live another live, see what its like to be someone/ something else.
I know many people who have said when the question of death has come up, "they bury you in the ground, and thats it!"
What about your spirit, where does that go then, don't these people think they have one?
We are spirits having a human experience,
Not a human having a spiritual experience.

A mixture of good questions, that essentially everyone would need to answer for themselves in their own way... and how we answer them would need to be conditional, temporary, and easily subject to change... there are no set, concrete, answers to these questions... there's only impressions in relation to our general experience.... and that will change with further experiences... so in order to stay on-topic we then need to go off-topic to address it.... which, by default, would still keep us on-topic... :^)
Old 23-02-2013, 02:24 AM
MU!!

Mark does a lot of thinking. If Mark wants to know about death, the afterlife, the continuity of the soul and consciousness, then Mark needs to get a firm grip on what those who have "died" and live in the afterlife say. There's no need to go anywhere else or "think" yourself into a frenzy.

Mark should restart himself by gaining a thorough understanding of physical mediumship.

Then Mark will have something worth thinking about.
Old 23-02-2013, 03:43 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Mark does a lot of thinking. If Mark wants to know about death, the afterlife, the continuity of the soul and consciousness, then Mark needs to get a firm grip on what those who have "died" and live in the afterlife say.

In which case he really wouldn't "know"... he would hear what others have to say about "their" experience, and then synthesize in his own thoughts what such an experience may look/feel like... but he won't "know". One has to "go-there" to know. So often we let words paint our imagery for us.. that's not "knowing"... pretty frustrating isn't it... it takes an OBE, full lucid dreaming, an elevated illuminated experience, to simply get a taste of what the real things composed of... our imagination won't do it... it just paints mental pictures.... and then we mistake those pictures for fact... that's not "knowing"....
Old 23-02-2013, 06:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit

There is no death but only a continuation of life. we are all here to learn until our learning runs its course we come back again (reincarnate ) our soul lives on it dos not die

Namaste
How do you know that ??.
Old 23-02-2013, 06:46 AM
Niebla0007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Except I personally, am not particularly enamoured of reincarnating. But then, I am an old bat, and you are probably not!
One doesn't need to be old to feel that way,
there's a lot of young people out there not even keen on living their lives now.
Am also not particularly enamoured of reincarnating
and would probably protest over the idea, too.
Old 23-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Here's my qualifier in relation to this one.... If it turns our that the creator is as shallow and as mind-numblying stupid as religion makes "him?" seem to be, then by all means... wail away... I'm planing on carrying a baseball bat with me when I pass on so I can at least get a swing or two in before being sent to the proverbial hell, should this be the case.....

....a religious style heaven would indeed be hell... I like harp music, but really...? :^)

I've some pretty strong feelings as you can tell but, interestingly though I note you have not said it is wrong to do if true.

But the point, do you feel you should have the right to object if true. This is not an either or or situation. Not a situation saying saying it's right so its not complaining or saying it's wrong is complaining. Is there any clarity in your mind of right or wrong having nothing to do with complaining. Can that be achieved. Understand my friend under the presence of teaching you do not have the right to say no, but can you.
Old 23-02-2013, 07:38 PM
MU!!

Quote:
In which case he really wouldn't "know"... he would hear what others have to say about "their" experience, and then synthesize in his own thoughts what such an experience may look/feel like... but he won't "know". One has to "go-there" to know. So often we let words paint our imagery for us.. that's not "knowing"... pretty frustrating isn't it... it takes an OBE, full lucid dreaming, an elevated illuminated experience, to simply get a taste of what the real things composed of... our imagination won't do it... it just paints mental pictures.... and then we mistake those pictures for fact... that's not "knowing"....
That's the point. Mark doesn't know jacksquat.

He thinks. About the wrong things.

If you want answers to the eternal questions of life Who Am I?, Why am I here? etc you have to start at the so-called end. The afterlife.

And work backwards (time linearly speaking).
Old 23-02-2013, 07:40 PM
MU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebla0007
One doesn't need to be old to feel that way,
there's a lot of young people out there not even keen on living their lives now.
Am also not particularly enamoured of reincarnating
and would probably protest over the idea, too.
That's b/c you look at things as if time and distance matter. Wrong perspective.

Walk like an Egyptian.
Think like an Etherian.