Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 15-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Limes

IMO, 95% of what other people do regarding one's self has nothing to DO with one's self, rather they are sort of acting in a movie in their head. This includes nice or agreeable behavior as well as that that is disagreeable or without any valence.

In my experience, the easiest way to handle these is to breeze past it with a light friendly humor and then change the subject and then change the subject yet again before they get a chance to react. The double switch is usually enough to throw them off the zonko ideation.
Old 15-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephirex
Let me get this straight.
He said we don't go out with friends and then he was asking you to go out with his male friend on a date?
So first he was jealous when you showed the pic of a guy you liked and now he wants to match you up on a date with one of his friends?

Not matching me up but asking if i would ever go out with him. I did walk in with that friend so it may have seemed like something I guess to them. Actually,his best friend even seemed to get jealous,too when I went by that friend too like he walked away and said oh,i get it. So,maybe me walking in with that friend and being by him seemed like something but it was because he was the one who invited me out,and i hadn't seen the other people in a bit.

"Change is the only constant."
Old 15-07-2014, 09:16 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limes
IMO, 95% of what other people do regarding one's self has nothing to DO with one's self, rather they are sort of acting in a movie in their head. This includes nice or agreeable behavior as well as that that is disagreeable or without any valence.

In my experience, the easiest way to handle these is to breeze past it with a light friendly humor and then change the subject and then change the subject yet again before they get a chance to react. The double switch is usually enough to throw them off the zonko ideation.

i agree with this.

Old 16-07-2014, 01:25 AM
ephirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle239
Not matching me up but asking if i would ever go out with him. I did walk in with that friend so it may have seemed like something I guess to them. Actually,his best friend even seemed to get jealous,too when I went by that friend too like he walked away and said oh,i get it. So,maybe me walking in with that friend and being by him seemed like something but it was because he was the one who invited me out,and i hadn't seen the other people in a bit.
I see. So he sees you going in with this friend and maybe he went jealous. Maybe right there he thought you had something with that friend.
Later, when you were alone with him he mentions this "rule" about not going out with friends. But he asks if you would ever go out with his friend. Which is kind of weird.
What if at that point the reason why he asks that is because he just wanted to check if you had something with that friend or if you feel something for that friend?
Old 16-07-2014, 05:32 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
I see. So he sees you going in with this friend and maybe he went jealous. Maybe right there he thought you had something with that friend.
Later, when you were alone with him he mentions this "rule" about not going out with friends. But he asks if you would ever go out with his friend. Which is kind of weird.
What if at that point the reason why he asks that is because he just wanted to check if you had something with that friend or if you feel something for that friend?
Yeah,I think that is what it was.I guess he was curious. I was surprised. I was like are you serious. I thought I had made it clear i did not like that person like that. Maybe he was testing me or just playing games.

Old 19-07-2014, 01:04 AM
ephirex

So, it seems that there's a lot more than just friendship here. You have said you liked him, but then things happened and you lost interest in him in that way, but I feel you still have something for him. And he seems very interested in you too.
The tension you two have is maybe a product of this interest between you two.
You hang out, then there's distance. Then hang out again, then distance again, and so on.
This is not the typical friendship relationship because you two are constantly thinking about each other in different terms.

What if you just ask him out like on a date or something similar?
Old 19-07-2014, 03:48 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
So, it seems that there's a lot more than just friendship here. You have said you liked him, but then things happened and you lost interest in him in that way, but I feel you still have something for him. And he seems very interested in you too.
The tension you two have is maybe a product of this interest between you two.
You hang out, then there's distance. Then hang out again, then distance again, and so on.
This is not the typical friendship relationship because you two are constantly thinking about each other in different terms.

What if you just ask him out like on a date or something similar?

I wonder,though if it is just natural tension between male and females? I don't think i want to date him,though. I also decided i am skipping the party tomorrow. like 90% sure. but,something wonderful is coming i can feel it.

Old 20-07-2014, 03:24 AM
ephirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle239
I wonder,though if it is just natural tension between male and females?
Yes, it is too. But you will know if it's more than that.