Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 12-07-2019, 06:00 AM
Master

Who, What, Why, Where or When ?

Even writing this down is superfluous. I'm writing it down so in someway that I don't forget but 'I am' and it can never be a question of forgetting. Who wants to be alone ? Who wants to be without a church or a sangha who wants to be a number on a government file ? Who can stand to stand alone ? To be without the comfort of lists and prescriptions of how to be-have and how not to be-have ? Religions can't make you be-have, prescribed paths, consensus ? What can bring love and freedom but Love itself ? Not sure if this is a question but I wanted to write it. Thanks.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 12-07-2019, 05:33 PM
Guide
Religion is only to control large groups of people, however even people who feel betrayed by religion are reluctant to give up their beliefs that they formed while participating in religion.

Standing alone is hard, but family and friends make sure you are not alone.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:12 PM
Funny how different we all are because of our backgrounds.
If I'm reading you correctly...this is my input...
I love being or standing alone...
I came into this world alone and
will leave alone.

Sure, it's neat when someone agrees with you...but it's me and God...
it's always 'me and God'.
And that's a wonderful and fulfilling thing.

Does it sound as if I can't count on people? That would be correct.
Sometimes you can, most times not...since everyone is doing their own thing.
No harm, no foul...just the way it is...as I see it.

But, this can really only happen when the Divine One is real to you; not
something you have faith exists and get enthusiastic for at times of some inspiration...
He must be more real to you than anything your eyes see when they are open.

And He has done this for me.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-07-2019, 10:07 PM
Master

Agree with Miss H.

Who wants to be alone? In the end, each one of us is alone, no matter how many people surround us.

Spiritual company is nice, but all the people around us are just our mental interpretations of our sense perceptions. All that we know is ourself, our thoughts, our feelings, our perceptions, our responses. There is no-one other than ourself in our lives. And yet we are all connected. A bit of a paradox.

Peace.
Old 13-07-2019, 01:31 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
Religion is only to control large groups of people, however even people who feel betrayed by religion are reluctant to give up their beliefs that they formed while participating in religion.

Standing alone is hard, but family and friends make sure you are not alone.

Good afternoon WildHairedWoman

Quote "Standing alone is hard, but family and friends make sure you are not alone."

They are not the only ones
Old 14-07-2019, 07:32 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Funny how different we all are because of our backgrounds.
If I'm reading you correctly...this is my input...
I love being or standing alone...
I came into this world alone and
will leave alone.

Sure, it's neat when someone agrees with you...but it's me and God...
it's always 'me and God'.
And that's a wonderful and fulfilling thing.

Does it sound as if I can't count on people? That would be correct.
Sometimes you can, most times not...since everyone is doing their own thing.
No harm, no foul...just the way it is...as I see it.

But, this can really only happen when the Divine One is real to you; not
something you have faith exists and get enthusiastic for at times of some inspiration...
He must be more real to you than anything your eyes see when they are open.

And He has done this for me.

What inspired those words of mine was I revisited 'Krishnamurti' and his very deep questioning of conditioning including religious conditioning etc. We read a book as teenagers called the 'The Impossible Question' it sure was that on our young minds and brains, an 'Impossible Question'. But it left a flavour, a hint of something great to be uncovered, to be realised to be remembered even ? The words seemed as a disavowelment of Churches, Governments, and particularly Education systems, it completely appealed to my young mind ..there was a huge YES which sounded like a bell inside of me. But I can't remember myself being so Clever at that age ?
Anyway all this made me think of the 'stupidity' of methods and have we all been so 'stupid' to use spiritual methods to awaken ! I've concluded however that Method could be an expression of human life. The method of the Sun ascending and descending is simply that a method, a rhythm, a movement, as could be a mantra or a yogic pose. Anyway thanks for allowing me to share.
I will conclude with the words of TS Elliot in his poem The Love Song of JA Prufrock where he says, In the room the women come and go / Talking of Michelangelo ok thanks.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 14-07-2019, 10:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Even writing this down is superfluous. I'm writing it down so in someway that I don't forget but 'I am' and it can never be a question of forgetting. Who wants to be alone ? Who wants to be without a church or a sangha who wants to be a number on a government file ? Who can stand to stand alone ? To be without the comfort of lists and prescriptions of how to be-have and how not to be-have ? Religions can't make you be-have, prescribed paths, consensus ? What can bring love and freedom but Love itself ? Not sure if this is a question but I wanted to write it. Thanks.

Contemplation prompts direction ... yet being entrapped in momentum of long time habits of ego delusion how may we find courage to stop movement of our attention in and within the maya pendulum?

Adding to the difficulty is that both thought and senses are externalised ... so how may the Divine already await within be realised?

God is Love and love bleeds to see us suffering but ... love is voluntary and by free will and so the union too must be a choice to entwine with love for love alone. Love is always spontaneous, effortless and unforced.

Immersed in the fierce turbulence of earth life duality, the path requires us to first fully engage in the external ephemeral and then self realise one day that bliss may be found only in the internal eternal. Self realise. Only then do we turn our attention inwards voluntarily.

Notice how we have to make no effort to do what we enjoy. This is the orientation we need to get to for prayer or meditation. Our seeking, yearning for divine connectedness must be to the level where it becomes our full focus ... all else seeming hollow and frivolous.

Obviously this cannot be a pretended emotion or a deliberate thought through Swedish drill. So we become as such and then ... our very choice to connect generates a magnetic pull that draws in the divine energy. Automatically. This is the pathless path.

Old 17-07-2019, 10:18 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc

Who, What, When, Where, Why & How????
All these questions are totally superfluous for someone who has transcended phenomenal presence. For lesser mortals like us, these form the very essence of our misery in daily life. While all questions have plausible answers, you simply do not get answer to the question WHY?

Why?
Every single event in the Phenomenal world happening in this “Now” gets defined by these very answers, yet the “Why” is elusive.

You can never find answer to the question Why! Why so?

All I can say is – Everything happens in the NOW. All previous Nows’ (since the beginning of time) and all the future Nows’ (till the end of time) have contributed and or caused the very event happening in the present Now. All the infinite probabilities have collapsed in the present to make the events that happened.

“Events happen. Deeds get done. There is no individual doer thereof” – Lord Buddha.

There is really no answer to the question Why. Except probably “Why not”
Namaskar