Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-07-2019, 07:45 AM
Master
You are open-minded, and while you do admit that "this is my problem," the other person may be blind to the
fact that they have problems, issues, or challenges, as well.

A person who tells me that I am wrong and they don't want to give me any reasons why they think I am wrong,
will only lead me to conclude that they have no reasons why they think I am wrong, and they just wanted to
give me a spiteful, superficial, rejection for no reason at all.

A person like this may be incapable of having a mature in-depth discussion. You do not need a reason to love nor
do you need a reason to hate, these are things that possess a person. Sometimes people do things and then they
rationalize, or apply a reason to them, after they have done them.

It is not always that people have reasons for doing things. The mental faculty of reasoning is and organizing principle;
it is how we organize our thoughts. Saying or doing something with no reasoning at all may just be and impulsive
reaction that is more about the persons' attitude than anything else. It also may be because the person is confused
and unorganized in their mind.

So this person has challenges, as we all do, but maybe they do not see, or refuse to see, their own issues.
There are some things we own, like things we initiate or generate, and some things we do not own that belong to
someone else. You have no ownership in this, this is not yours; it belongs to someone else. Don't make it your own
my friend. I would have to get in that other persons' mind to actually know where they are coming from.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:03 AM
Master
I think it would be interesting to see how others perceive a practical application of
the Seven Hermetic Principles as outlined in The Kybalion.

I. The Principle of Mentalism.
“The All is Mind; The Universe is Mental.”

I think what they are talking about here is that everything is consciousness, and
the various aspects of consciousness are always in play.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
You are open-minded, and while you do admit that "this is my problem," the other person may be blind to the
fact that they have problems, issues, or challenges, as well.

A person who tells me that I am wrong and they don't want to give me any reasons why they think I am wrong,
will only lead me to conclude that they have no reasons why they think I am wrong, and they just wanted to
give me a spiteful, superficial, rejection for no reason at all.

A person like this may be incapable of having a mature in-depth discussion. You do not need a reason to love nor
do you need a reason to hate, these are things that possess a person. Sometimes people do things and then they
rationalize, or apply a reason to them, after they have done them.

It is not always that people have reasons for doing things. The mental faculty of reasoning is and organizing principle;
it is how we organize our thoughts. Saying or doing something with no reasoning at all may just be and impulsive
reaction that is more about the persons' attitude than anything else. It also may be because the person is confused
and unorganized in their mind.

So this person has challenges, as we all do, but maybe they do not see, or refuse to see, their own issues.
There are some things we own, like things we initiate or generate, and some things we do not own that belong to
someone else. You have no ownership in this, this is not yours; it belongs to someone else. Don't make it your own
my friend. I would have to get in that other persons' mind to actually know where they are coming from.
Thank you again and I can fully understand this. I think all of my issues stems from being a prisoner of my unique "Spock mindset" and I should just learn how to say "fascinating" and "intriguing" a lot more than I do, instead of trying to work out what makes human beings behave so irrationally.

We shall continue on with this example in light of the premise of this thread and the corresponding video.

So, we are the creators of our own reality...or so it is said.

Now, obviously, Inavalan has created a reality for himself in which I do not exist, as evidenced by the fact my name appears on his ignore list. I am willing to engage with Inavalan, I am all too happy to do so, which means that in MY reality, he DOES exist, even though I don't exist in his..so wherefore does this non-separation take place?

I thought a lot about it..and not saying that I am God or anything...but God may appear in this thread or on this forum and He would very quickly find Himself on everybody's ignore list with a "get lost, I am looking for God, NOT you"..it is quite fascinating when one considers it..there! Word used!

I am not letting this get to me on any emotional level, more on a
cognitive level...either way, you are correct and I really should be dropping it now with a "whatever" which I shall do.

Maybe start on that study of the Kybalion, as Unseen Seeker has done, because as you said previously, things like this need to be personally experienced, not spoken about...because I notice that the "taboo" or "occult" is still alive and kicking despite the internet and those who post on a "spiritual forum"..when I may as well be posting on Reddit..
Old 01-07-2019, 08:43 AM
Master
Quote:
I think it would be interesting to see how others perceive a practical application of
the Seven Hermetic Principles as outlined in The Kybalion.

I. The Principle of Mentalism.
“The All is Mind; The Universe is Mental.”

I think what they are talking about here is that everything is consciousness, and
the various aspects of consciousness are always in play.
There is always the inherent danger of allowing oneself to sink into the pits of solipsism with this awareness, as was also discussed in the video.

Rene Descartes tried it and so did Socrates...in the end, Socrates said "All that I know, is that I know nothing".

We see examples of this mental dominance within Advaita Vedanta and also in the Non Duality forum on here, where an obsession with Mental concepts of an Absolute becomes totally bogged down in semantics and clever word play.

There is also no doubt that the main component of Mind is Ego, so that one can believe they are enlightened, through merely applying enough thought on the subject, but like Spider-Man looking for Stan Lee in a Marvel Universe, such people are trying to use the mind to transcend mental concepts...how is that ever going to work?

So yes, I agree with you that "mind" in this sense, refers to Consciousness.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:46 AM
Master
We may be creating our own reality but it is mostly coming from a subconscious level.
The cognitive level of knowing is inductive and the subconscious level is deductive;
but they do interact.

The reality are not the physical forms, buildings, etc., rather the reality are patterns
deep within us that create attitudes, and patterns of behavior, which creates circumstances.
The reality is that whatever is happening on the outside is but a reflection of what is
going on within.

The Great Work of self transformation requires us to become conscious of our own
subconscious patterns. In becoming conscious of those patterns we have the potential
to create a new being. The surface is where the drama takes place, below the surface
is the script that we create to play out in the drama.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:26 AM
Master

Hey Shivani.. interesting video..

I like that ''I am not God, I am off God'' stance. I would say anyone saying they are God is speaking from a temporary identity that changes and is not God. And any enlightened person would also not state that they are enlightened because it would be a contradiction. God may be in all but that does not make everything God, which means pantheism is not true. The individual is merely the 'creation', a means of differentiation. Why this is so is a big question. But I'd say matter is God's body, but not God..

Old 01-07-2019, 09:41 AM
Master
Quote:
We may be creating our own reality but it is mostly coming from a subconscious level.
The cognitive level of knowing is inductive and the subconscious level is deductive;
but they do interact.

The reality are not the physical forms, buildings, etc., rather the reality are patterns
deep within us that create attitudes, and patterns of behavior, which creates circumstances.
The reality is that whatever is happening on the outside is but a reflection of what is
going on within.

The Great Work of self transformation requires us to become conscious of our own
subconscious patterns. In becoming conscious of those patterns we have the potential
to create a new being. The surface is where the drama takes place, below the surface
is the script that we create to play out in the drama.
Thank you for being my teacher today.

What you have just said dawned this awareness within me.

Although labels are just that - descriptive concepts, they are often used to make sense of something which, to the rational mind, just does not.

Throughout this thread, my Higher Self has been reminding me of my Myers- Briggs personality type which is INTJ.

Only about 2-3% of the World's population is INTJ and the ones who believe in a "Higher Power" are even rarer than that. Female INTJ's rarer still. I am in a rather exclusive club of about 0.1% of the population.

Everything I have spoken about here, is typically characteristic of the INTJ mindset, so my Higher Self goes "this is who you are, deal with it because those who dislike you without any reason may be ESFP types, who are a lot more dominant on this planet".

Then there is the "label" of being an Orion Starseed...OMG...an INTJ AND an Orion? Heaven help us! However, that being said it explains EVERYTHING.

It is not the case of myself conforming to an existing personality archetype, but of having the archetype apply to my personality because nothing ELSE does...even though I am fully aware it is all just another associated ego-trip and I am inherently made of "God-stuff"...etc
Old 01-07-2019, 01:25 PM
Master
Hi,

I enjoyed the video. It was insightful.

I can appreciate where we are at as humanity and where we are eventually going. The issue seems to be, how will we get there, for we are indeed a very diverse group.

The simple concept to present to the masses is the principal of oneness. The video does encourage that state of mind. What we lack as a group at this time is the core expression of compassion for self and others. Using the word love does not help because that term is so distorted.

Ideas around why compassion and kindness towards self and others will work better than individual self serving survival would be what I would like to see. Most of us are in that latter reality so that is the focus I would want to influence. How many of us are really ready for the Big Picture?

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 01-07-2019, 01:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

I enjoyed the video. It was insightful.

I can appreciate where we are at as humanity and where we are eventually going. The issue seems to be, how will we get there, for we are indeed a very diverse group.

The simple concept to present to the masses is the principal of oneness. The video does encourage that state of mind. What we lack as a group at this time is the core expression of compassion for self and others. Using the word love does not help because that term is so distorted.

Ideas around why compassion and kindness towards self and others will work better than individual self serving survival would be what I would like to see. Most of us are in that latter reality so that is the focus I would want to influence. How many of us are really ready for the Big Picture?

John
Going by my personal life experiences, I would say not many/if any but maybe I just haven't met any of the "ready ones" yet...or something like that.

Every day I ask myself what am I doing on SF?...I have basically asked it ever since I joined, because...and this is not meant as any disrespect, but the spiritual people who seem to be the most open to new ideas are definitely not on this forum.

My personality type leaves me pretty much incapable of feeling empathy and compassion for self and others...it isn't really in my make-up and for all intents and purposes, I shouldn't even BE "spiritual" but somehow, the universe played a cruel joke when I have no taste for money, possessions, notoriety, friends and family...and I believe in God.

I am stuck in limbo land between being a "spiritual person" and whatever the dualistic opposite of that is..when Duality doesn't exist(according to most) anyway.

Whenever I tried to feel compassion, I realised I was only faking it and it was not genuine...so I don't know whether to be honest or dishonest in this regard because "fake spirituality" is still "spirituality" nonetheless.

Thank you so much for your comments and I am glad you found the video to be insightful.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Going by my personal life experiences, I would say not many/if any but maybe I just haven't met any of the "ready ones" yet...or something like that.

Every day I ask myself what am I doing on SF?...I have basically asked it ever since I joined, because...and this is not meant as any disrespect, but the spiritual people who seem to be the most open to new ideas are definitely not on this forum.

My personality type leaves me pretty much incapable of feeling empathy and compassion for self and others...it isn't really in my make-up and for all intents and purposes, I shouldn't even BE "spiritual" but somehow, the universe played a cruel joke when I have no taste for money, possessions, notoriety, friends and family...and I believe in God.

I am stuck in limbo land between being a "spiritual person" and whatever the dualistic opposite of that is..when Duality doesn't exist(according to most) anyway.

Whenever I tried to feel compassion, I realised I was only faking it and it was not genuine...so I don't know whether to be honest or dishonest in this regard because "fake spirituality" is still "spirituality" nonetheless.

Thank you so much for your comments and I am glad you found the video to be insightful.

Thank you for the honesty. Do not let this discourage you.

I am a big picture person. I know there is an admirable destination.

I like SF as a forum. Yes it does attract a very diverse group. The word spiritiul is like the word love. It means very different things to most of us.

My focus is to encourage that bonding with the divine within the self. Was it Jesus who said Love God with all your heart and soul, then love one another as you would your self. How can we put that concept into practice?

Consider the one God as an energy field eminating from a finite number of energetic beings. That your energetic essence is one of those beings. That your higher self represents your divinity in a very personal way. To love God with all your heart and soul is to bond with your higher self in a very real way.

For until you or any one does that or some thing like that, you will be stuck in limbo. It is the personal relationship with what we call God which liberates us. Do more than just believe in God, invest your reason for this life expression by becoming one with God(your higher self).

Do my thoughts on this appeal to you?

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/