Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 18-05-2019, 10:49 AM
Master
The possible God and the impossible God.

There are two versions of God going round. One is that God is your own self. The inner "I AM". In many ways this God is more "I" than God. This version of God is the God of realism and lies in the realm of possibility.

The other version of god which is going round is the "Creator God". This God is higher than ones own self and is capable of any action. This God has very little to do with ones inner "I". This version of God is one of creationism and truly lies in the realm of unprovable impossibility.

In a nut shell the I AM is a possible God while The Creator is an impossible God. I find it very tempting to believe in The Creator. It offers comfort. But the cold light of day indicates He does not exist. It indicates that in fact there is nothing more than me.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 18-05-2019, 11:24 AM
depthsee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
There are two versions of God going round. One is that God is your own self. The inner "I AM". In many ways this God is more "I" than God. This version of God is the God of realism and lies in the realm of possibility.

The other version of god which is going round is the "Creator God". This God is higher than ones own self and is capable of any action. This God has very little to do with ones inner "I". This version of God is one of creationism and truly lies in the realm of unprovable impossibility.

In a nut shell the I AM is a possible God while The Creator is an impossible God. I find it very tempting to believe in The Creator. It offers comfort. But the cold light of day indicates He does not exist. It indicates that in fact there is nothing more than me.

"Epistemology is the study of the nature of knowledge, justification, and the rationality of belief. Much debate in epistemology centers on four areas: (1) the philosophical analysis of the nature of knowledge and how it relates to such concepts as truth, belief, and justification,[1][2] (2) various problems of skepticism, (3) the sources and scope of knowledge and justified belief, and (4) the criteria for knowledge and justification. Epistemology addresses such questions as: "What makes justified beliefs justified?",[3] "What does it mean to say that we know something?",[4] and fundamentally "How do we know that we know?"[5]" - Wikipedia

Is there an objective truth outside of us, or our "knowledge" is just a matter of subjective perception...? I think I need a Guru.
Old 18-05-2019, 12:23 PM
depthsee

I have read, that "Jahve" means "that, which was, is and ever will be".

It seems to me a philosophical name. It is about existence itself. God (Jahve) is existence itself.

Everything that exists is Jahve. Or if I go deeper, everything that exists has a "presence" in the universe. Even a insignificant stone or a little grain of sand is existent, so it has its presence in the universe. I guess this presence itself is the spiritual presence of Jahve. The universe seems to exist, so, having its presence it is Jahve by itself.

I think, that this is the meaning of the name "Jahve" of the old testament.
What I haven't figured out is, if Jahve is conscious of him/itself, being mental or is simply impersonal energy.

"God is Godless. God is an idea that we have, another construct, a prop, which doesn't suggest that God doesn't exist. God is existence. But your idea of God and existence are two different things at the moment."
- zen master Rama
Old 18-05-2019, 12:27 PM
Master
Hi Honza..

How about a third 'God'..? A God who's energy exists in all life and is also beyond any individual life form, a God that isn't you or me, not even spiritually. Instead of one, grand creator, or us being gods, perhaps we are all small pieces of this God. If I were to pick between your two options though the 'impossible God' is still closer to that, since I do not believe in actual enlightenment as some sort of ''end game''. Bit weird isn't it to think that a bunch of earthling mammals, who spend time on abstract thought, are the secret rulers of the entire universe..
Old 18-05-2019, 12:36 PM
Deactivated Account
I think all of them are impossible, but I admit that deep down I'd sort of want god the creator to be real just so I have something to unleash my bottled up anger upon.
Old 18-05-2019, 07:41 PM
Master

I prefer to not put God/god in a box.
Old 19-05-2019, 02:11 AM
depthsee

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza

I know for sure that the cosmos (,universe) exists like a microcosmos inside us. Even more, we are little walking universes. I haven't figured out if the universe is really mental yet., but it has to be, because we obviously are conscious beings.

But the universe has an origin from something else.Wheather infinite or not, it is placed inside something else. There is a substantial, higher reality, behind it and that reality is superior to its creation. And these two are not the same thing.

That greater source, what I would call "spirit" is intelligent and it imagines, the universe we live in.Our world is a mental projection in the mind of a conscious being. It is only real as a thought can be real. We are, but thoughts in the mind of the spirit. And "spirit" is a word describing the highest possible form of conscious existence.

I am not hindu, but when it is said, that it is all the dream of Brahman, IMO it is very correct
Old 19-05-2019, 02:49 AM
depthsee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Hi Honza..

How about a third 'God'..? A God who's energy exists in all life and is also beyond any individual life form, a God that isn't you or me, not even spiritually. Instead of one, grand creator, or us being gods, perhaps we are all small pieces of this God. If I were to pick between your two options though the 'impossible God' is still closer to that, since I do not believe in actual enlightenment as some sort of ''end game''. Bit weird isn't it to think that a bunch of earthling mammals, who spend time on abstract thought, are the secret rulers of the entire universe..

You mean mammals who haven't realized, that are the rulers ? And end up, being ruled by their own ignorance.?.. Is this a cruel cosmic joke ?

Fantastic
Old 19-05-2019, 06:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I prefer to not put God/god in a box.

Do you not have a version of God that you go by?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 19-05-2019, 12:45 PM
Master

No, I do not. Creator is good enough for me which has no physical form. It could be a collective for all I know.