Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 11-06-2019, 07:48 PM
Newbie ;)

taking the first step

Hi, I read William Buhlmans book first on astral projection. I found Buhlmans book to be very interesting and informative but he never mentioned the dark side of OOB experiences which I feel was probably deliberate. I felt quite motivated to give it a try, and then I read Erin Pavlina's book and felt totally demotivated. It is not that I dont believe what she had to say but I think her approach was too flippant and overly cautious and far more likely to dissuade people from Astral projection.

When I was thirteen I had a spontaneous Astral projection and had pretty much forgotten about it until last November when all sorts of spiritual stuff started to happen to me (Kundalini ascension) Now I'm 57 and have read quite a bit on spirituality and something has drawn me to Astral projection.

I told my spirit guide last night that I am not ready yet to try it and then I dreamt I was flying lol! I think I need reassurance that not every OBE involves fighting off terrifying entities.

Perhaps someone can help me, as I feel like that once I decide to go ahead it will likely happen quite quickly...of course I may be wrong and it could take months/years but I need to be completely committed and not afraid, as from what I have read thats the worst things to be feeling before trying Astral projection.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:43 PM
Master

I had my first OBE the same week I finished Buhlman's "Adventures Beyond the Body". Although I don't fully subscribe to all Buhlman's beliefs, I like him the most of all the authors on the OBE subject. I like his interviews too.

As much as one can be sure, I'm sure that OBEs are safe. You can still use some white-light protection, but that is more of a deepening technique than serves as protection, and it isn't necessary.

When you OBE / lucid dream (they are the same thing, don't pay attention to those that theorize things they don't understand) you actually project onto your own exclusive slice of the imagination plane, where you also dream, and where you project when you imagine things. There are no demons, or other forces there. I never encountered them, and I have all the reasons to believe that all negative instances you might encounter are only thought-forms generated by yourself. They can't harm you there more than your thoughts can harm you when you're fully awake.

I know that there are authors and forumites that have a different opinion, but that is actually what makes them encounter and fear those negative entities. Their own thoughts generate those entities, and only their own fears can psychically harm them.

You may seem to meet your guide(s), deceased people, and such during your projections, but you actually deal with your own projections of them. Those projections may be 100% generated by you, or may be materializations of the contacts you may have with those entities at a subconscious level, your translations of the messages you get from them, not the real messages. But, those you encounter, "see", are only your own projections, the thought-forms your thoughts generated.

Bottom line: don't worry about demons, and such. There are none!

Regarding "astral projection" ... This can also cover a different kind of projection than what I've described above, but it's rare, and it may happen only during some NDEs (not all of them), or if you really know what you're doing during some life-between-lives regressions, or meditations, but again, not all of them, and only when you know what you're doing. Those are projections onto a formless plane, where we go after we die, temporarily until our next incarnation, or forever if when we don't need to reincarnate anymore. You have no reason to fear such projections either.

A note: having OBEs won't help you advance on your enlightenment path. What you do with them might do that.

Good to ask, but take advice with a healthy reservation, ... surely, including mine :)
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:23 PM
Newbie ;)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I had my first OBE the same week I finished Buhlman's "Adventures Beyond the Body". Although I don't fully subscribe to all Buhlman's beliefs, I like him the most of all the authors on the OBE subject. I like his interviews too.

As much as one can be sure, I'm sure that OBEs are safe. You can still use some white-light protection, but that is more of a deepening technique than serves as protection, and it isn't necessary.

When you OBE / lucid dream (they are the same thing, don't pay attention to those that theorize things they don't understand) you actually project onto your own exclusive slice of the imagination plane, where you also dream, and where you project when you imagine things. There are no demons, or other forces there. I never encountered them, and I have all the reasons to believe that all negative instances you might encounter are only thought-forms generated by yourself. They can't harm you there more than your thoughts can harm you when you're fully awake.

I know that there are authors and forumites that have a different opinion, but that is actually what makes them encounter and fear those negative entities. Their own thoughts generate those entities, and only their own fears can psychically harm them.

You may seem to meet your guide(s), deceased people, and such during your projections, but you actually deal with your own projections of them. Those projections may be 100% generated by you, or may be materializations of the contacts you may have with those entities at a subconscious level, your translations of the messages you get from them, not the real messages. But, those you encounter, "see", are only your own projections, the thought-forms your thoughts generated.

Bottom line: don't worry about demons, and such. There are none!

Regarding "astral projection" ... This can also cover a different kind of projection than what I've described above, but it's rare, and it may happen only during some NDEs (not all of them), or if you really know what you're doing during some life-between-lives regressions, or meditations, but again, not all of them, and only when you know what you're doing. Those are projections onto a formless plane, where we go after we die, temporarily until our next incarnation, or forever if when we don't need to reincarnate anymore. You have no reason to fear such projections either.

A note: having OBEs won't help you advance on your enlightenment path. What you do with them might do that.

Good to ask, but take advice with a healthy reservation, ... surely, including mine :)

Thank you for your thoughtful answer and I agree with much of what you say. I do think negative instances could be thought forms generated by oneself, which is why all the books stress the need for a playful almost relaxed attitude if you can manage it! I also liked Buhlman's book and I will have to read some more of his other books.

Since your first successful attempt have you managed many more and did you find yourself thinking about OBEs far too much. Has it changed you much? Did you share your experiences with close family members and how did they view/react to this? Can you get on with the day to day chores of life or do you find your someplace else now?
Old 12-06-2019, 05:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metchas
Thank you for your thoughtful answer and I agree with much of what you say. I do think negative instances could be thought forms generated by oneself, which is why all the books stress the need for a playful almost relaxed attitude if you can manage it! I also liked Buhlman's book and I will have to read some more of his other books.

Since your first successful attempt have you managed many more and did you find yourself thinking about OBEs far too much. Has it changed you much? Did you share your experiences with close family members and how did they view/react to this? Can you get on with the day to day chores of life or do you find your someplace else now?

Having OBEs started to change my perspective on reality, but it was only the starting point of my quest to find answers to my questions. In time, having OBEs didn't / doesn't seem that important anymore, as I became more preoccupied by other aspects of the reality: why am I here now? why are humans here now? what happens after we die? past life regressions, life-between-lives regressions, other possibilities, ...

I shared my experiences only with a very small number of close acquaintances. I've always gauged their initial reaction, and continued discussion only when I sensed an interest.

At first I tried to find out what OBEs really are, to get some confirmation that all isn't just an imagination exercise. That was many years ago. As I read more, and had more experiences, I realized the the domain is way vaster, and in time I changed all my perspective on these.

I realized that I can't get answers from nobody else, but from my inner higher knowledge source.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:12 PM
Guide
When I was a kid I had a lot of OBEs, but I did not know there was a word for it. When I was a teenager I read a novel about a girl who had precognition and she was a girl about the same time as Laura Ingalls. One part of the story I remember was the kids washing their hands in a shared basin of water and the rich girl lost her ring. The teacher stopped everything and made everyone look for the ring. The main character knew it had slipped off when the rich girl washed her hands. She ran and looked where the basin had been dumped and found the ring. The teacher claimed she had stolen it. I guess the theme of the story was not being accepted for knowing things you "don't know". Anyway the part that helped me in this book was the description of the girl visiting her dying grandfather at night when she was supposed to be sleeping. He lived hundreds of miles away and at that time it would take days to get to him. Based on that description in the book I decided that I was not as weird as I was being told and that OBE's were real so I set out to prove it, enlisting the aid of my cousin who lived a little over 200 miles away. We wrote to each other quite a bit. I wrote her a letter and asked her to think of me at a specific time and date. On that time and date I lay down and invented a way for me to get to her front yard in a few seconds. I imagined stepping down steps into the ground, walking to another set of steps and walking up into her front yard. There I was. I went in and witnessed my aunt and cousins. My aunt was making fudge, my oldest cousin walked in the door and teased his sister, who was on the phone, and I saw the youngest cousin playing. The cousin I had written to was not there. I went through the whole house and could not find her. I wrote her with my description and she wrote back that she had forgotten and went to the football game. I feel like I was there but the only verification is not finding the cousin I was looking for and being told she wasn't there. The rest was stuff I would expect from the others but I have no verification.

I did continue to explore and got the attention of army remote viewers. That is another story, long and convoluted.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:20 PM
Guide
In telling my story I forgot I had a purpose, to answer the OP question. Yes, there are other people in the astral that you may encounter and they may or may not have a physical body on earth. One person said there is no such thing as demons, there are entities that will try to frighten you and also some that will try to convince you to trade places with them. Do not go into this willy nilly with the pollyanna attitude that nothing bad ever happens. Yes, most of it involves your attitude, the amount of fear you carry with you and whether you are looking for something or just exploring. If you are looking for something, maybe to better yourself, or to know something you don't have access to in the real world then you are setting yourself up to be manipulated, and it can be very subtle. Keep what ever rituals you use for protection and if anything happens that makes you feel uncomfortable go back to your body. Also, if you do interact, inadvertantly or not, with anything or anyone, they will have access to your dreams and you must think of yourself as strong in waking life and dream life or they will bother you or worse. It is like ghosts, they can only hurt you if you let them, but your mental state is how they hurt you so keep yourself strong mentally.
Old 13-06-2019, 09:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
In telling my story I forgot I had a purpose, to answer the OP question. Yes, there are other people in the astral that you may encounter and they may or may not have a physical body on earth. One person said there is no such thing as demons, there are entities that will try to frighten you and also some that will try to convince you to trade places with them. Do not go into this willy nilly with the pollyanna attitude that nothing bad ever happens. Yes, most of it involves your attitude, the amount of fear you carry with you and whether you are looking for something or just exploring. If you are looking for something, maybe to better yourself, or to know something you don't have access to in the real world then you are setting yourself up to be manipulated, and it can be very subtle. Keep what ever rituals you use for protection and if anything happens that makes you feel uncomfortable go back to your body. Also, if you do interact, inadvertantly or not, with anything or anyone, they will have access to your dreams and you must think of yourself as strong in waking life and dream life or they will bother you or worse. It is like ghosts, they can only hurt you if you let them, but your mental state is how they hurt you so keep yourself strong mentally.
Good post.....................
And by the way i'm curious about the army remote viewers.
Can you open a thread for it?
Old 13-06-2019, 07:47 PM
Newbie ;)

thank you both, I will bear all that in mind.