Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-04-2020, 03:59 PM
Master
HOLY WEEK ACCOUNTS

Jesus enters Jerusalem commonly known as Palm Sunday.

This occurs as the prelude of Jesus' execution that would follow later.

Luke 19:28-40

28. When Jesus had finished saying all this, he went on toward Jerusalem.
29. As he was getting near Bethphage and Bethany on the Mount of Olives, he sent two of his disciples on ahead.
30 He told them, “Go into the next village, where you will find a young donkey that has never been ridden. Untie the donkey and bring it here.
31. If anyone asks why you are doing that, just say, ‘The Lord needs it.’”

32. They went off and found everything just as Jesus had said.
33. While they were untying the donkey, its owners asked, “Why are you doing that?”

34. They answered, “The Lord needs it.”

35. Then they led the donkey to Jesus. They put some of their clothes on its back and helped Jesus get on.
36. And as he rode along, the people spread clothes on the road in front of him.
37. When Jesus was starting down the Mount of Olives, his large crowd of disciples were happy and praised God because of all the miracles they had seen.
38. They shouted,

“Blessed is the king who comes
in the name of the Lord!
    Peace in heaven
   and glory to God.”

39. Some Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, make your disciples stop shouting!”

40. But Jesus answered, “If they keep quiet, these stones will start shouting.”

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 05-04-2020, 04:15 PM
Master

I guess this is the beginning of his church asserting itself, and imposing on others ...
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

This occurs one week before Jesus' execution.

Luke 19:28-40

28. When Jesus had finished saying all this, he went on toward Jerusalem.
29. As he was getting near Bethphage and Bethany on the Mount of Olives, he sent two of his disciples on ahead.
30 He told them, “Go into the next village, where you will find a young donkey that has never been ridden. Untie the donkey and bring it here.
31. If anyone asks why you are doing that, just say, ‘The Lord needs it.’”

32. They went off and found everything just as Jesus had said.
33. While they were untying the donkey, its owners asked, “Why are you doing that?”

34. They answered, “The Lord needs it.”

35. Then they led the donkey to Jesus. They put some of their clothes on its back and helped Jesus get on.
36. And as he rode along, the people spread clothes on the road in front of him.
37. When Jesus was starting down the Mount of Olives, his large crowd of disciples were happy and praised God because of all the miracles they had seen.
38. They shouted,

“Blessed is the king who comes
in the name of the Lord!
    Peace in heaven
   and glory to God.”

39. Some Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, make your disciples stop shouting!”

40. But Jesus answered, “If they keep quiet, these stones will start shouting.”

Master
HOLY WEEK ACCOUNTS

This occurs one week before Jesus' execution.

No because Jesus was supposedly Crucified on Good Friday.... Sunday to Friday is 6 days.

Holy Week/Passiontide.

During Holy Week, Christians recall the events leading up to Jesus’ death by crucifixion and, according to their faith, his Resurrection. The week includes five days of special significance. The first is Palm Sunday, which commemorates Jesus’ humble entry (on a donkey) into Jerusalem to observe Passover. According to the Gospel account, he was greeted by crowds of people who spread their cloaks and laid palm leaves in his path and proclaimed him the Son of David (Matthew 21:5). In many Christian churches Palm Sunday is celebrated with a blessing and procession of palms. Maundy Thursday marks Jesus’ institution at the Last Supper of the Eucharist, thereafter a central element of Christian worship. In Roman Catholicism, Maundy Thursday is accompanied by the pope’s washing of the feet of 12 humble or poor persons, in imitation of Jesus’ washing of the feet of his 12 disciples at the Last Supper. Good Friday commemorates Jesus’ suffering and death on the cross.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I guess this is the beginning of his church asserting itself, and imposing on others ...
At that time, there was no Church.

Jesus was born a Jew and died as a Jew.

His followers after his death operated as a sect of Judaism.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 05-04-2020, 04:52 PM
Master
An event that preceded Jesus' triumphant entrance to Jerusalem was preceded by an event that generally gets little attention.

That event was the resurrection of Jesus.

John 11:38-44.

38. Then Jesus, again greatly disturbed, came to the tomb. It was a cave, and a stone was lying against it.
39. Jesus said, “Take away the stone.” Martha, the sister of the dead man, said to him, “Lord, already there is a stench because he has been dead four days.”
40. Jesus said to her, “Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?”
41. So they took away the stone. And Jesus looked upward and said, “Father, I thank you for having heard me.
42. I knew that you always hear me, but I have said this for the sake of the crowd standing here, so that they may believe that you sent me.”
43. When he had said this, he cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!”
44. The dead man came out, his hands and feet bound with strips of cloth, and his face wrapped in a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Unbind him, and let him go.”

Old 05-04-2020, 04:53 PM
Master

Quote:
At that time, there was no Church.

Jesus was born a Jew and dies as a Jew.

His followers after his death operated as a sect of Judaism.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I guess this is the beginning of his church asserting itself, and imposing on others ..
I literally meant what I wrote ...:
  • they requisitioned the donkey,
  • they paraded their priest on the donkey,
  • they made people throw their clothes for the donkey to step on,
  • they threatened violence if they aren't allowed disturbing peace with their shouting,
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:53 PM
Master
Lazarus' resurrection foreshadowed a greater resurrection - that of Jesus' resurrection.

Old 05-04-2020, 04:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Lazarus' resurrection foreshadowed a greater resurrection - that of Jesus' resurrection.

You missed out Holy Saturday on your Post, that makes the Seven Days of HOLY WEEK.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:05 PM
Master
Holy Week.

Sometimes called Passion Week, ( The Passion of Christ ) begins on Passion Sunday/Palm Sunday and runs through until Holy Saturday.

Holy Saturday commemorates the day that Jesus Christ lay in the tomb after his death, according to the Christian bible. It is the day after Good Friday and the day before Easter Sunday. ... Very important to Christians...
Old 05-04-2020, 06:32 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
You missed out Holy Saturday on your Post, that makes the Seven Days of HOLY WEEK.

What is done in Holy week??
Or should I say do some Christians do things during this Holy week?

Edit: Oh, I see you told some of the story above.