Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-10-2018, 02:52 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 10,915
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Meditation Instead Of Sleep

Greetings and salutations.

I find myself currently staying with my brother for two weeks to help care for my ailing mother...she requires round the clock care...and I scored the 5am to Midday shift.

Problem is, it is school holidays over here and my brother has two teenage children...X box and popcorn with soda at like 2am...and I am in the room next to the kitchen...and then, they invite all their friends for playovers/sleepovers and slumber parties until like 3am with music blaring...My brother has an office in his yard...He sleeps in there...and drinks beer...but wakes up 4-5 times a night to use the toilet inside the house....and I am a very light sleeper. I have no problem getting off to sleep, but once asleep, a fly crawling on the wall will wake me up.

After a few days of this... basically pulling "all nighters" and feeling like something the cat dragged in every day, I decided, last night to meditate between the hours of 1am to 5am...4 hours solid....I am a seasoned practitioner of Raja Yoga...even though I don't practice much anymore and I haven't for 20 years...and meditation is like riding a bicycle...The reason why I stopped... nothing more to achieve.

This morning, I came out of meditation fully awake and alert, like I had 8 hours peaceful sleep.

I just thought I would share...and wonder how long a meditator can go without sleep if they already have an "off switch"?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-10-2018, 09:53 AM
Unseeking Seeker Unseeking Seeker is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Delhi, India
Posts: 4,619
  Unseeking Seeker's Avatar
Possibly an unbroken awareness continuum even through waking & sleep state signals ascension of consciousness. It’s fabulous that you felt rested and alert without sleep. Has it happened earlier?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-10-2018, 12:44 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 10,915
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Possibly an unbroken awareness continuum even through waking & sleep state signals ascension of consciousness. Itís fabulous that you felt rested and alert without sleep. Has it happened earlier?
Not to this extent...Just a few times before, but did't really make the connection until now...this means that I am learning to withdraw the reaction to sensory stimulus consciously...and that has to be good, right?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-10-2018, 01:58 PM
Unseeking Seeker Unseeking Seeker is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Delhi, India
Posts: 4,619
  Unseeking Seeker's Avatar
Great! If itís a replicable experience then itís as good as being in an all time meditation mode, consciousness merged with the Universe effortlessly
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-10-2018, 10:56 AM
captainamerica captainamerica is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 411
 
I don't know from where he got this information from but Premel El Adaros claimed that Napoleon, who was a master of the Superconscious
state, used to obtain practically eight hours rest in fifteen minutes
by looking intently at a dark spot on the walls of his room.

Now this superconscious state is called by the Hindus "Samadhi"
or superconsciousness.

Parmahansa Yogananda ji met this saint named Ram Gopal Mazumdar.
Ram Gopal Mazumdar did not need any sleep.He once said to Parmahansa Yogananda ji the following:

"I did not need sleep, for I was ever with God. My body was more rested in the complete calmness of the superconsciousness than it could be by the partial peace of the ordinary subconscious state.

The muscles relax during sleep, but the heart, lungs, and circulatory system are constantly at work; they get no rest. In superconsciousness, the internal organs remain in a state of suspended animation, electrified by the cosmic energy. By such means I have found it unnecessary to sleep for years. The time will come when you too will dispense with sleep."

Lahiri Mahasya ji was the guru of the saint Ram Gopal Mazumdar ji.According to Lahiri Mahasya ji's wife Lahiri Mahasya ji did not need sleep as well.

That is all I know on this subject. :-)

Shivani Devi ji Can you please let me know why you are not responding to my PMs ?

I just wanted to know if Shiv ji started to talk to you again ...
...and maybe (If you permit) ask Shiv ji about a cryptic guidance given by Mahavatar Babaji to me...

I also have a very nice poem for you that I'd like to share with you...

Have a great day friend !
Love you :-)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-10-2018, 11:55 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 10,915
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
I don't know from where he got this information from but Premel El Adaros claimed that Napoleon, who was a master of the Superconscious
state, used to obtain practically eight hours rest in fifteen minutes
by looking intently at a dark spot on the walls of his room.

Now this superconscious state is called by the Hindus "Samadhi"
or superconsciousness.

Parmahansa Yogananda ji met this saint named Ram Gopal Mazumdar.
Ram Gopal Mazumdar did not need any sleep.He once said to Parmahansa Yogananda ji the following:

"I did not need sleep, for I was ever with God. My body was more rested in the complete calmness of the superconsciousness than it could be by the partial peace of the ordinary subconscious state.

The muscles relax during sleep, but the heart, lungs, and circulatory system are constantly at work; they get no rest. In superconsciousness, the internal organs remain in a state of suspended animation, electrified by the cosmic energy. By such means I have found it unnecessary to sleep for years. The time will come when you too will dispense with sleep."

Lahiri Mahasya ji was the guru of the saint Ram Gopal Mazumdar ji.According to Lahiri Mahasya ji's wife Lahiri Mahasya ji did not need sleep as well.

That is all I know on this subject. :-)

Shivani Devi ji Can you please let me know why you are not responding to my PMs ?

I just wanted to know if Shiv ji started to talk to you again ...
...and maybe (If you permit) ask Shiv ji about a cryptic guidance given by Mahavatar Babaji to me...

I also have a very nice poem for you that I'd like to share with you...

Have a great day friend !
Love you :-)
It is because I was waiting for you to mention it in a thread, not via PM...and that is why I wasn't responding to you.

There has been some things coming through, but I have been waiting for the right time...and now, you have provided that in an open setting (which I much prefer).

What you must understand and it is VERY important, is that Mahavatar Babaji was never 'real'...it is exactly the same as Lord Shiva...they are never 'real' in any way that we can physically perceive them in this "reality" anyway.

We can have idealisms and conceptions of a 'mythical being' and we like to believe they exist in this place or that...but they exist "everywhere" and "all at once" and they have all the siddhis of omnipresence and omnipotence...so they can be "anywhere" and at "any time" and all it takes is a loving, open heart to access "their level".

You are too rooted in the "material aspect" of occult spirituality...Babaji is everywhere and nowhere...very elusive, if he even exists at ALL.

Now, the other day, I saw a You Tube video by Jaggi Vasudev (Sadguru) on exactly this same topic...and his observations are also my own, arrived at independently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9OThVe92GI

Love you too. <3
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-10-2018, 12:09 PM
captainamerica captainamerica is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 411
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
It is because I was waiting for you to mention it in a thread, not via PM.

There has been some things coming through, but I have been waiting for the time...and now, you have provided it in an open setting (which I much prefer).

"What you must understand and it is VERY important, is that Mahavatar Babaji was never 'real'...it is the same as Lord Shiva...never 'real' in any way that we can perceive them in this "reality".

We can have idealisms, conceptions of a 'mythical being' and like to believe they exist in this place or that...but they exist "everywhere" and "all at once" and take on the siddhis of omnipresence and omnipotence...so they can be "anywhere" and at "any time" and all it takes is a loving, open heart to access "their level".

You are too rooted in the "material aspect" of occult spirituality...Babaji is everywhere and nowhere...very elusive, if he even exists at ALL.

Now, the other day, I saw a You Tube video by Jaggi Vasudev (Sadguru) on exactly this same topic...and his observations are also my own, arrived at independently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9OThVe92GI

Oh my heart was beating so fast when you were typing your reply ,my friend.
I have still not gotten rid of my anxiety issues completely.LOL.

Glad you are not angry at my request.Thanks.

Mahavatar Babaji has given divine promise to his sister and devotees that he'll be in his physical body with his many renunciant students/monks/yogis in himalayas for a few more decades (including this one).

I just wanted to be one of his students and be a yogi/monk/renunciant in the himalayas.Mahavatar Babaji even gave me an advice that could help me in meeting him but the advice is very cryptic and I don't understand it so I thought maybe I will ask Shiv ji about the advice ,whenever you can(if you permit ) and if Shiv ji permits :-)

I will now watch your video.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-10-2018, 12:23 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 10,915
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
Oh my heart was beating so fast when you were typing your reply ,my friend.
I have still not gotten rid of my anxiety issues completely.LOL.

Glad you are not angry at my request.Thanks.

Mahavatar Babaji has given divine promise to his sister and devotees that he'll be in his physical body with his many renunciant students/monks/yogis in himalayas for a few more decades (including this one).

I just wanted to be one of his students and be a yogi/monk/renunciant in the himalayas.Mahavatar Babaji even gave me an advice that could help me in meeting him but the advice is very cryptic and I don't understand it so I thought maybe I will ask Shiv ji about the advice ,whenever you can(if you permit ) and if Shiv ji permits :-)
I will now watch your video.
No problem, my friend...but after a year of you asking me the same question, that is all I have got for you and nothing more issues forth on that subject...this is why I have been avoiding you.

You need to shift your level of perceptual awareness...like first...samadhi will follow.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-10-2018, 01:31 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 10,915
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
There is one thing I will add here, which is just a little 'bane of contention' I personally have...and only you guys are gonna get it.

Mahavatar Babaji is an incarnation of Lord Shiva, Himself. He appeared once as Gaudapada, the Guru of Shankaracharya...and yeah, I know all this stuff...had an incarnation way back then, but I digress.

Mahavatar Babaji is known as Adi Guru...the primal or first teacher (and yes, I also speak Sanskrit) and Adi Guru taught the Sapta Rishis and Sanat Kumaras, amirite?...only ONE did that...Lord Dakshinamurthy (the form of Shiva who is my Ishta Devata...along with Maha Kaal Bhairava).

Anyway, Mahavatar Babaji is synonymous with Lord Dakshinamurthy...the GodGuru that lives "inside the heart" (Hridaya) and not on top of a mountain somewhere...not EVEN Kailasha, my dear...not even Kailasha...He is beyond the limitations of a mere mountain...just ask Ravana..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-10-2018, 01:34 PM
captainamerica captainamerica is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 411
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
No problem, my friend...but after a year of you asking me the same question, that is all I have got for you and nothing more issues forth on that subject...this is why I have been avoiding you.

You need to shift your level of perceptual awareness...like first...samadhi will follow.

Sorry for the late response.

I will do that for sure as you advised me .

I might be wrong but I suppose that you have a lot of kundalini power.

Have you tried channeling it via creative visualisation for manifesting(there is a good book by Shakti Gawain on the subject )to create the life you desire ?
Parvati maa ji ,Shiv ji's wife, said that the more kundalini one has the more manifesting power they have,so I guess you have a lot of manifesting power.

I am still here and I will contact you again here in a few hours,got something really urgent to do .

See you then.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums