Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 08-04-2016, 12:52 PM
Experiencer
Question Animal Totem

I was wondering if someone could help me out with this. Seeing symbols is all new to me. A few days ago I started seeing what looked like a solid black predatory bird in flight. I also saw the intense eyes of an animal. The eyes were almost human like but I could see the top of the animals head. I knew it was either a wolf or another clue as to what kind of bird I saw. So that led me to looking up Native American spirit animal guides. After reading a bit I said to myself I wonder what mine is. Within the hour an american bald eagle landed in my backyard. Right in front me. It stayed there a good 10 mins. Mind you this may very well be nothing to get excited over but I live in south Alabama. I thought well I'll see it again if this is a sign. My daughter comes in front school and she says, mom there's an eagle in front of the house flying. So should I take this as an answer to my question? I've been seeing the symbol again only this time the bird is grabbing prey it looks like. Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated
Old 08-04-2016, 02:21 PM
Master
it certainly sounds like a significant event.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:40 PM
Suspended
Do live in an rural area? Is there a lake or river near you? Or did you dream this while sleeping?
Old 09-04-2016, 01:05 AM
Lepus

Hello cahill,

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahill
I was wondering if someone could help me out with this. Seeing symbols is all new to me. A few days ago I started seeing what looked like a solid black predatory bird in flight. I also saw the intense eyes of an animal. The eyes were almost human like but I could see the top of the animals head. I knew it was either a wolf or another clue as to what kind of bird I saw. So that led me to looking up Native American spirit animal guides. After reading a bit I said to myself I wonder what mine is. Within the hour an american bald eagle landed in my backyard. Right in front me. It stayed there a good 10 mins. Mind you this may very well be nothing to get excited over but I live in south Alabama. I thought well I'll see it again if this is a sign. My daughter comes in front school and she says, mom there's an eagle in front of the house flying. So should I take this as an answer to my question? I've been seeing the symbol again only this time the bird is grabbing prey it looks like. Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated

Do you wish to know the symbolic meaning of the bald eagle, or if the bald eagle is your animal spirit, or totem? To me, you asked for your animal guide and you got an answer. When Eagle comes flying into your life: "It is time to reconnect with your spiritual path. It’s time to listen too and heed your spiritual directives as well as your heart and to allow them both to lead the way for you at this time. When you can find yourself in this state of flight then all the doors will open and the directions you need to follow will be made clear. Like a beacon – your heart will follow the light." But, the bald eagle may or may not be your spirit guide. Sometimes, animals may only appear in your life to deliver a symbolic message. I had many encounters with various animals up close in person and always search for the symbolic meaning for each one; most of the animals I encounter tell me (symbolically speaking) things I lack in life.

There are ways to know your animal spirit, or totem. Simply, look around for any signs, or animals that keep appearing in your life. Who knows, maybe the bald eagle is your animal guide.

Eagle Power Animal Symbol of Spirit Vision and Strength

Lepus
Old 09-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahill

Here are some write-ups on these particular animals as spiritual totems / power animals:

WOLF
http://www.shamanicjourney.com/wolf-...-family-values

EAGLE
http://www.shamanicjourney.com/eagle...n-and-strength

Old 09-04-2016, 07:21 PM
Experiencer
Hello dear wolfgaze :-) That is a really neat site, thank you for sharing. Namaste.
Old 09-04-2016, 07:39 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarChild
Hello dear wolfgaze :-) That is a really neat site, thank you for sharing. Namaste.

No problem... It's a little tedious to look up specific animals... So if you instead do a google/yahoo search for:

Shamanic Journey XXXXXXX (insert animal name here), you can get direct links to the animal-specific write ups....
Old 09-04-2016, 10:11 PM
Knower
Hi Cahill

I was told by a shaman that direct eye to eye contact is the totem's way of connecting with you...

I find the book ' Animal Speak' by Ted Andrews is a brilliant source of info about animal totems and animal signs.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:11 PM
Experiencer
Thanks so much everyone. I live about 10 minutes from a Lake. There was a set of bald eagles here several years ago. Sadly the birds were killed. I heard someone shot them but that is small town hear say. One of those birds flew in front of my van and almost hit my windshield. Luckily I was slowing down for a stop sign. Both birds were gone within a year. 2008 I believe. So it seems this was my answer. 8 years and a eagle just so happens to land here right after questioning what my totem was by coincidence? I just don't think so. I didn't think about little things like I mentioned above until reading everyone's replies. Thanks again everyone I really appreciate it :-)