Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 02-05-2014, 05:00 PM
Master
Hello Peter,

I've been thinking about your question for a few days and I realised I cannot really answer it. How does one define any "effort to reunite with the Father"? It all depends on the individual. I'm not sure what the official Jewish stance on the matter is. My understanding is that most religion concerns itself with reuniting with God.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:28 PM
Hi Honza
For me, Jesus the teacher, rabbi, man, can be left out of any equation of how to know the Father (Creator, God, Divine Presence).
Christians will be all outraged bec of the misunderstanding of...only thru me..

So let's go to the Old Testament then...it is VERY simple....
Be still and know that I am God.
Delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Go to that secret place...
Sit with him and sup...

Jesus pointed to the Father continually and went off in solitude continually to be still, pray to the Father, right?

Life and connection to the Divine are very simple...they are so simple human minds feel a need to complicate them.

Best wishes, Honza.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Master
Hello Miss Hepburn,

Thankyou for your encouraging post. Sometimes I feel everything is great and God is all I need. Other times he feels very far away. The whole subject of God is so big I can feel a bit lost at times too. But in general I guess everything is just how it should be.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:15 AM
Master
I just spent another week trying to be with God and being beaten up by 'bad spirits'. I'm becoming pretty sure that God just cannot be reached without Christ. Back to Christ I go.....

Old 16-06-2014, 05:49 AM
Sister Rags

I don't believe there is one way to reach God. Perhaps for you, Honza, Jesus as a symbol of faith and as a messenger is the most effective way for you to reach God. I like what Vedanta says: "All paths lead to God."
Old 16-06-2014, 06:22 AM
Deactivated Account
You don't have to try to be with God, you are already one in God, you just need to realize that.
Old 16-06-2014, 06:22 AM
Knower
I was born and raised Jeswish. But it made little sense to me. That is ME personally. I respect that it makes great sense for others. I do call myself a Jew by birth. I have no religion that I practice. This is the way it is supposed to be for me.

I cannot trust that the words that the new testament bible claims Jesus spoke really WERE the words he spoke. I believe a lot of it has been incorrectly translated, misunderstood and possibly that he sometimes talked in code.

One thing I clearly separate is that Jesus is not Christ. I think of Jesus as a master who understood and embodied the Christ. I think of the Christ as the pure spark that is each of us. Some call it the monad. others call it the higher self. It is, as far as i am concerned, the part of us that has always stayed connected to source. Perhaps it could even be called the heaven self. I believe that perhaps Jesus came to help set the pattern to help us to remember our own christ self. And the Christ.

Oh yes one more thing. I do not think of God as "him". I think of it as source. pure light. I think each of us is here trying to find our way back to the divine knowing. The pure love from which we each individuated as sparks. And that we each are still of.... the christ self that so eludes us. But did not elude Jesus. Each with perhaps a different view of things because this is perfectly how it is meant to be for that individual. So perhaps what you believe is absolutly perfectly correct. As is what others believe. Buddhists, Muslims etc. All great masters perhaps came to remind us of the same thing. We are love. We are of love. And to love we will return. I know not what i speak of. Seriously, its all a guess
Old 16-06-2014, 06:27 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by lili
I was raised Jeswish. But it made little sense to me. That is ME personally. I respect that it makes great sense for others.

I cannot trust that the words that the bible claims Jesus spoke really WERE the words he spoke. I believe a lot of it has been incorrectly translated, misunderstood and possibly that he sometimes talked in code.

One thing I clearly separate is that Jesus is not Christ. I think of Jesus as a master who understood the christ. I think of the Christ as the pure spark that is each of us. Some call it the monad. others call it the higher self. It is, as far as i am concerned, the part of us that has always stayed connected to source.

Oh yes one more thing. I do not think of God as "him". I think of it as source. pure light. I think each of us is here trying to find our way back to the divine knowing. Each with perhaps a different view of things because this is perfectly how it is meant to be for that individual. So perhaps what you believe is absolutly perfectly correct. As is what others believe.

That's a very nice way of seeing God, I see this so called God as you do also.
Old 16-06-2014, 06:37 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
That's a very nice way of seeing God, I see this so called God as you do also.
Oops, I just saw this. I edited and re-edited. So you may not agree after you read my edited words
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
You don't have to try to be with God, you are already one in God, you just need to realize that.
And yes, I do agree with what you write. The journey to realizing this is a sacred one. So different for each person.
Old 16-06-2014, 06:42 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by lili
Oops, I just saw this. I edited and re-edited. So you may not agree after you read my edited words
It doesn't matter. I can feel you are genuine, and you have love to give, that's all that matters.