Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 27-05-2020, 05:02 PM
Knower
My Father, the Elderst, Ancestors

My father died a few weeks ago-alone in an ICU on a ventilator about 20 minutes away. No one was allowed in. I called and tried to say goodbye but he was not receptive. I did manage to tell him that I loved him in our 30 second conversation. I had not seen him in a decade. He left me to die alone.

He is haunting me now. I believe he thinks that my forgiveness for the things he did during his life will free him from the earthbound state, but he is wrong.

I harbor no resentment-though I have no sympathy and do not wish to entertain him. He tried to prevent me from projecting last night. He chased me, in a dream, clinging to me and following me everywhere I went in my apartment building and the surrounding neighborhood. I said to him, “How sad is it that I dislike you enough that I have to move from my apartment just to get away from you?”

I tried to levitate (as I often do in the dream state) to get away from him but he held me by one ankle. I will have to dislodge him.

He was sitting in my armchair, plain as day, two nights ago.

Upon gaining some advice from a Lakota Elder, I have the option of performing a series of rituals in which he can be released from the earthbound state. It is more effective if I do these rituals but I am not the only one capable. He would then be energetically capable of crossing over into the lands in which our ancestors reside in the hereafter.

At this point I feel unwilling to do so. He’s still using me for personal gain as he did not seek honor in his lifetime. I sit capable of gifting him with an unearned shortcut that others spend many years preparing for, with great and careful attention during perhaps many lifetimes.
and floats downstream
till the current ends
and dips his wing
in the orange sun rays
and dares to claim the sky.

The caged bird sings
with a fearful trill
of things unknown
but longed for still
and his tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom.

~Maya Angelou
Old 28-05-2020, 11:55 AM
Elfin

Hi. He needs your forgiveness for his weaknesses as a father. I can Fully empathise with your dilemma. But he now knows his own weakness and cannot overcome that unless you intervene. I am sorry for your loss. I am sorry for your father. He is the one that needs help now, as I am sure that you are a better person. You need to do this for both him and yourself. And trust me.... I do know. Best of wishes
Old 28-05-2020, 12:52 PM
Administrator
I would have to echo a lot of what Elfin has said.
he is now aware of his shortcomings whilst here. and he is looking for forgiveness.
not only to free him but yourself also.if you can do that it will make you feel better.
but then I would smudge your apartment and yourself. so no negative energy lingers.
go with what is in your heart you will find the right way

Namaste
Old 28-05-2020, 03:48 PM
asearcher

I have experiences of what it was to be a ghost. It could be he does not know he has a choice. I understand if he sees you that he hold on to you tight, so would I, especially in the world I was in.

I think there are those 1-2 spirit who will try to get him to the other side but he might not know it is them or might not trust them. If you could get in contact with them,as you seem already very gifted to do astral traveling and so forth, you might be successful to get him to go to the right place.

There are prays and rituals that I am sure you already know about how to find help to let someone see the light, perhaps it will work?

I'm sorry I can tell your relationship with your dad was not a fortunate one. I hope you can both move on from this.
Old 30-05-2020, 12:16 AM
Knower
Thank you for your replies. ❤️

The dilemma for me is that I do not want to spend my afterlife with him as a part of the lodge I would have to share with him, as we are family. I do not wish him ill but I do wish to remain separate from him.

One of the Lakota elders, as to say a more gifted and learned Shaman than I, is attempting to heal me from what he says are wounds and scars to my astral body, and intervene in some way.

There may be some intermediate realm where my father can reside until he works off his own karma, without me gifting him the karmic merit that another may need in order to reach the hunting grounds. There are those on earth and of my relatives that may badly need this gift that I have spent many lifetimes accruing.

I can forgive him, and I offered him this before the hour of his death as it is no strong feeling for me either way. I am not ok with bestowing such a thing (karmic merit) on someone who did not seek a means to better themselves or humanity in life... but instead seeks to force my hand as they are left with no alternative after death.
and floats downstream
till the current ends
and dips his wing
in the orange sun rays

The caged bird sings
with a fearful trill
of things unknown
but longed for still
and his tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom.

~Maya Angelou
Old 31-05-2020, 01:21 PM
Elfin

Hi. From what I can gather the afterlife is very different to life on earth, as in there are none of the emotions experienced in earth. I used to worry very much about "what if I had to meet my bullies in the afterlife".. and I would panic. But I've got to accept and realise that those people in real life are souls of love and light beyond. It's hard to get your head round at times.
Old 31-05-2020, 11:20 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi. From what I can gather the afterlife is very different to life on earth, as in there are none of the emotions experienced in earth. I used to worry very much about "what if I had to meet my bullies in the afterlife".. and I would panic. But I've got to accept and realise that those people in real life are souls of love and light beyond. It's hard to get your head round at times.

We believe, as Natives, that the life beyond is merely the next step, and a place. We very much retain attachments and emotions with perhaps the exception of certain things like fear, which is not truly an emotion.

I do not subscribe to the ‘all are love and light’ philosophy. Because one has died, does not mean the soul has evolved. I have lived better than a thousand lifetimes in order to get where I am spiritually.

If he hadn’t emotion and attachment, he wouldn’t feel the need to hang around, although I do understand that he may just be confused at this point and in need of a healing place-which is where I believe it is best that he reside for now. ❤️
and floats downstream
till the current ends
and dips his wing
in the orange sun rays

The caged bird sings
with a fearful trill
of things unknown
but longed for still
and his tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom.

~Maya Angelou
Old 31-05-2020, 11:30 PM
Knower
As it is, pieces of the brick are falling from the walls. So, I made brick dust and applied an ochre to the floor. I do a great deal of practice in what most would consider dark art or voodoo as this is African Spirituality and those are my ancestors, as well.

I am unclear as to whether my father is cracking the bricks or if this is guidance from my most present great aunt, Keziah, who is African and has been with me since I was a child (she was brought here on a slave ship which was also owned by my family). She shown me most of the rituals concerning brick dust and such. ❤️
and floats downstream
till the current ends
and dips his wing
in the orange sun rays

The caged bird sings
with a fearful trill
of things unknown
but longed for still
and his tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom.

~Maya Angelou
Old 02-06-2020, 10:09 AM
Knower
I woke up to the clean clothes I left hanging to dry, in the floor. He’s not very strong but he’s attempting minor disruptions.
and floats downstream
till the current ends
and dips his wing
in the orange sun rays

The caged bird sings
with a fearful trill
of things unknown
but longed for still
and his tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom.

~Maya Angelou
Old 07-06-2020, 04:29 AM
Knower
He started speaking through me while I am asleep. He makes a snorting noise. My friend sat and talked to him for an hour, like I was talking in my sleep answering questions. Basically, he’s got an excuse for everything and he takes absolutely no responsibility for the things he did in life but expects me to fix his problems. Sorry, old man. You made your bed.
and floats downstream
till the current ends
and dips his wing
in the orange sun rays

The caged bird sings
with a fearful trill
of things unknown
but longed for still
and his tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird