Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 08-05-2020, 01:56 PM
Elfin

V.E day.

V.E day today. And unless you were there / lived through those times , I don't think any of us can fully comprehend the horror of it. I lost my Grandma during that time. She was just 26 and left 3 little boys aged 6, 4 and 2. So much pain and suffering for many millions.Lest we never forget.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:47 PM
Master
Wars are 'nasty'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 08-05-2020, 03:50 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Wars are 'nasty'.
Evil . Cruel. Wicked.
Old 11-05-2020, 12:05 AM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Lest we never forget.

Why should we remember and relive the wrongs of the past?
Old 11-05-2020, 01:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant

........ so as not to repeat the mistakes of the past.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 11-05-2020, 04:00 AM
ant

Quote:
........ so as not to repeat the mistakes of the past.

Ok,i get that,

But why should there be a march and or remembrance every year?

IF i thought in the war and survived,i wouldn't want a yearly reminder,i'd just move on with my life.

Like the past is gone,why relive it year after year.

I don't get it.
Old 11-05-2020, 04:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
Ok,i get that,

But why should there be a march and or remembrance every year?

IF i thought in the war and survived,i wouldn't want a yearly reminder,i'd just move on with my life.

Like the past is gone,why relive it year after year.

I don't get it.
My Father fought in a war......... and some of the war's nastiest battles.

...... we should never forget how terrible wars are....... but we do.

My Father said he would never fight again and he didn't. That was also instilled into the minds and hearts of everybody in the family.

Old 11-05-2020, 05:11 AM
ant

Quote:
My Father fought in a war......... and some of the war's nastiest battles.

...... we should never forget how terrible wars are....... but we do.

My Father said he would never fight again and he didn't. That was also instilled into the minds and hearts of everybody in the family.

My grandfather also,and no doubt my father bore the front of the fallout there after.

Most humans know war is wrong,but why should we continue on a macabre charade year after the year?

Is that the point from the media pov and the elite,celebrating the past to remain in the fear loop and live in the past?

Like life goes on,it's about moving forward,not remaining in a year by year loop,that the media just loves on steroids.
Old 11-05-2020, 07:52 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
Hi Ant. I just feel that some things in life are so terrible that to forget would be dishonor the memory of all the victims , like saying "what you went through doesn't matter anymore, we've moved on from it"... Having said that, in time it will become less of a memory, relegated to the history archives that children will learn about without emotion attached. But for now the 2 world wars , especially WW2 is still recent, many many people are still alive that lived during that war, therefore it is still an emotive occasion of rememberence.
Old 11-05-2020, 09:12 AM
Elfin

V.E day, this year , will always remain etched in my memory. Across the road every household had hung bunting in their windows and across fences. And from somewhere close by a very loudspeaker was playing all of the wartime songs, all day long. Yet there were no other celebrations to be seen. No street parties. No voices could be heard, save for the songs . I went outside several times to listen to the music. Not a single person to be seen all day long because of lockdown. The town like a ghost town... No people, no traffic , just the bunting blowing gently in the breeze and the haunting sound of the war songs. It made the occasion so much more poingent and very very fitting . All in all it was quite beautiful.