Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 23-04-2020, 02:54 PM
Master
The expression, 'Golden Rule', was first used by Edward Topsell in 1599 when he was about 27 years old.

The word 'Golden Rule' is not found in the Bible.

The 'Golden Rule' is derived from the second part of the scriptures found for example at Matthew 12:30-31.

30 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’

31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

As other scriptures indicate: Yahweh loved the World so much that he sent his son to take the place of the Passover Lamb so that eventually mankind can have everlasting life.

As for Yahweh 'complying' with these scriptures: The first part of the scripture is not applicable because Yahweh is the Lord (Yahweh). The second part of the scripture is not applicable because Yahweh has no 'neighbors' because there are no other Gods, at the most, gods.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 23-04-2020, 03:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
Yahweh and Jesus are two different beings. One is the Father, the other is the Son, (John 3:16). Jesus told us that he was SENT by God, this God is Yahweh. Moving on, Jehovah God/”Yahweh” NOR Jesus has done evil. It's NOT a thought, it's accurate Knowledge. Jesus lived as a Righteous human when he was on Earth. And died as a Righteous Man. If he hadn't ,our chance of life would be gone! Jesus LOVED all, and he tried to lead them to his Father.

Also, what “Christian” “Judges” Jehovah God or Jesus, especially Jehovah? Because a true Christians doesn't! MANY, though Imperfect sinful beings, can feel that they have the right to judge a Righteous God, It means NOTHING! Considering, he has the last say so. and there's nothing ANY OF US can do to him. So believing that Judging God or Jesus has any effect on them....wrong! the “Golden Rule” is that a Christian should conduct themselves in harmony with all of God’s laws. just as Jesus did when he was on Earth. peace

My Father and I are ONE. peace.
Old 23-04-2020, 03:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The expression, 'Golden Rule', was first used by Edward Topsell in 1599 when he was about 27 years old.

The word 'Golden Rule' is not found in the Bible.

The 'Golden Rule' is derived from the second part of the scriptures found for example at Matthew 12:30-31.

30 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’

31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

As other scriptures indicate: Yahweh loved the World so much that he sent his son to take the place of the Passover Lamb so that eventually mankind can have everlasting life.

As for Yahweh 'complying' with these scriptures: The first part of the scripture is not applicable because Yahweh is the Lord (Yahweh). The second part of the scripture is not applicable because Yahweh has no 'neighbors' because there are no other Gods, at the most, gods.

" Do not impose on others what you do not wish for yourself." This was one of the guiding principles of life that Confucius taught his followers, five centuries before Jesus taught the Golden Rule with similar words.

Then we have,
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule
Old 23-04-2020, 03:24 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Yahweh and Jesus are two different beings. One is the Father, the other is the Son, (John 3:16).e

John 3:16 16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Are you a parent?

Should parents bury their children or is it better for children to bury their parents?

I think it much better, if the choice is there, as in the case of Jesus, for a Father to step up to fill his need of a sacrifice he demands than to have to bury his son.

So let me amend that quote that you like so much.

John 3:16 amended

For God so hated his son so much, nand was such a defective parent, that he gave his one and only Son, instead of doing the right thing, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Regards
DL
Old 23-04-2020, 03:27 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Yahweh and Jesus are two different beings. One is the Father, the other is the Son, (John 3:16). Jesus told us that he was SENT by God, ce

On Jesus dying for you.

It takes quite an inflated ego to think a god would actually die for you, after condemning you unjustly in the first place.

You have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil you make Jesus to keep your feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

You also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that you would teach your children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fibre as Yahweh.

Regards
DL
Old 23-04-2020, 03:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
John 3:16 16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Are you a parent?

Should parents bury their children or is it better for children to bury their parents?

I think it much better, if the choice is there, as in the case of Jesus, for a Father to step up to fill his need of a sacrifice he demands than to have to bury his son.

So let me amend that quote that you like so much.

John 3:16 amended

For God so hated his son so much, nand was such a defective parent, that he gave his one and only Son, instead of doing the right thing, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Regards
DL
It is ludicrous to believe Yahweh was behind the killing of his son.

This is a problem with this version of Gnosticism...... they offer 'nothing' except a 'not' in key scriptures and a un-comical twist to everything written.

Gnosticism even at its conception made fun of Christianity while at the same time coming up with their own Gods, creation accounts, etc. that in many cases they are not aware of and for the most part do not follow. Gnosticism, instead of being what it implies, is in many aspects has become another avenue to 'bash' Jews and Christians.

Gnosticism, as the name implies, would be great if they would leave out the Jewish and Christian 'bashing' and if they could solidify there own beliefs as one core teaching.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Last edited by BigJohn : 23-04-2020 at 04:53 PM.
Old 23-04-2020, 04:48 PM
Master

One gets quite dizzy reading through all this.

As for the Golden Rule - that which seems so manifest - how does it fit in with the seeming pleasures of masochism and sadomasochism?

Many 'suffering' believers of all religions willingly practice masochism openly or at least when required.

Stigmata can be nothing other than dedicated suffering.

Somehow we are crazily mixed up.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 23-04-2020, 05:14 PM
ketzer

I have to say, I do love a good religion brawl. I think the Florida Governor was right. If there are two things essential during this pandemic it is religion and all star wresting.

BTW, this conversation is sooooo last week. The golden rule has been superseded by the platinum rule. You must do onto others as they want done to them. Not being a Christian, or even a very good moral agent myself, I don't follow that rule, but that does not mean you people are off the hook. Now let's see.... what do I want?

Anyway, just take a look at the big dogs going at it and you people will realize you are a bunch of Andy Kaufmans when it comes spiritual wrestling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUuszID-gbw

What do you say John, are you willing to get in the ring with the big red one or not?
Soul Seeker, willing to risk you soul to seek the title?
Sky?
You willing to step it up a notch and join the heavyweights or are you going to wrestle Andy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHHwZoTvaL0

Who will be the next interfaith world wresting champion?
Old 23-04-2020, 05:17 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
It is ludicrous to believe Yahweh was behind the killing of his son.

This is a problem with this version of Gnosticism...... they offer 'nothing' except a 'not' in key scriptures and a un-comical twist to everything written.

Gnosticism even at its conception made fun of Christianity while at the same time coming up with their own Gods, creation accounts, etc. that in many cases they are not aware of and for the most part do not follow. Gnosticism, instead of being what it implies, is in many aspects has become another avenue to 'bash' Jews and Christians.

Gnosticism, as the name implies, would be great if they would leave out the Jewish and Christian 'bashing' and if they could solidify there own beliefs as one core teaching.

I gave you a bit of that in showing what a **** poor father figure Christianity adores, and you did not like it.

I find value in the saying that for evil to grow, all good people need do is ignore it, which is what you want me to do.

No thanks to your vile ideology, whatever it is.

Regards
DL
Old 23-04-2020, 05:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I have to say, I do love a good religion brawl. I think the Florida Governor was right. If there are two things essential during this pandemic it is religion and all star wresting.

BTW, this conversation is sooooo last week. The golden rule has been superseded by the platinum rule. You must do onto others as they want done to them. Not being a Christian, or even a very good moral agent myself, I don't follow that rule, but that does not mean you people are off the hook. Now let's see.... what do I want?

Anyway, just take a look at the big dogs going at it and you people will realize you are a bunch of Andy Kaufmans when it comes spiritual wrestling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUuszID-gbw

What do you say John, are you willing to get in the ring with the big red one or not?
Soul Seeker, willing to risk you soul to seek the title?
Sky?
You willing to step it up a notch and join the heavyweights or are you going to wrestle Andy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHHwZoTvaL0

Who will be the next interfaith world wresting champion?

' Who will be the next interfaith world wresting champion? '

Popeye ...
Closed Thread