Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 15-04-2020, 02:20 PM
Seeker

Question Are ghosts really spirits?

Hi everyone,

First of all let me begin by saying that I grew up in a house that was haunted. There was one room in particular that had an ominous and oppressive feel whenever you entered into it. Also, the person who slept in the room claimed to have wokenough up to see something standing at the end of the bed.

Over the years I have wondered if ghosts are really spirits or do we just, somehow, psychically connect into an alternative timeline and what we see as ghosts is simply a movie being played out that we are observing.

After all, if spirits are the non-physical side of us, then there is no need for them to be clothed, yet every account of ghost sightings has the spirit dressed.

What do you guys think?
Old 17-04-2020, 01:03 AM
Master

Hear are my beliefs on what people call ghosts. The spirit of a once living person. Left over energy from a once living person. Human created thought forms. Still living humans asleep, but in their astral body. Astral critters. Other beings that have never been human. Mutli dem. beings.
Old 17-04-2020, 03:41 AM
Administrator
Hello

As a Medium I break it down into categories:

Ghost is an Earth Bound person that has passed in death but not crossed over to the Light or Other Side. At times the choice might well be made not to cross over as there is business seen to be unfinished. There too can be fears around crossing and punishments ect that hold someone here. Other times the death event might have been so sudden that there was not time to process that death came.

Spirit is a crossed over person and they can use energy to come back and visit.

Poltergeist is a playful or at times mysterious spirit that can use energy to move things or make noises ect.

Then there are the inter dimensional beings that can it seems cross into our world and bring in energy that at times is very disruptive.

I am not one to go to Demons ext but I do not dismiss that there are at times darker forces at work.

Why cloths its a way to be known to be made aware that there is a time frame they belong to.

Lynn
Old 17-04-2020, 05:27 AM
Seeker

Hi Lynn,

You mentioned about fears of crosing over and punishments. What do you think the fears are?

Also, thanks for your input regarding clothes.

One more thing, how do you think demons originated?
Old 18-04-2020, 07:31 AM
Master

I don't suppose that any ghost or spirit or whatever you would like to call them would be prepared to appear on a staircase in an old castle or wherever in a state of nudity.

Not that I personally would object, not if my lovely curvy neighbour would be prepared to let me have a look. But I can think of plenty of people who would ruin my day - on any staircase.

Clothes are a way of identifying this 'passed on' personality.

About ten weeks after my wife's death eleven years ago today she appeared to me in my new flat - I'm sure just to let me know that she somehow knew about me - she was wearing what looked like a silver sheath.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.

Last edited by Busby : 18-04-2020 at 08:19 AM.
Old 27-04-2020, 03:22 PM
asearcher

hi I too wonder the same...

when I was a small child I remember waking up in the night and seeing hands and some "beings" but mostly I remember praying for them to go away. it happened several times. I could see them take shape. After as I grew up I thought it was because I was still dreaming at the time but I remember them trying to pull my arm and I protested and told them to go away (I had a bit of a temper when I was a child).

Someone else close to me thinks the reason I can not tell of ghosts and other beings when they visit is because I am protected from seeing them after I did these prays when I was a small child, but I think this sounds strange. This person has complained before if she is dreaming or is in some meditative state that she comes out of the dream or meditation with bruises and that she at times feels as if fire is "burning" her on parts of her body, and for me alone I have felt too only a loving brush on my hair or cheek but one time as if the heat she was talking about on the top of my hand. But I don't see anything/anyone.

There can be paranormal noises around me but again I don't see a thing while someone else sees these beings. Even if others get frighten I for some reason do not get frighten perhaps because I have never been hurt or simply because I don't see them while apparently some do.

I guess my question about this topic what is ghost and what is not is if the other side can touch so so that it feels as if it is a burning sensation, fire like or if that belong only to the bad guys on the other side doing this perhaps ? How can it be so different I wonder. How does it feel for you if someone/something paranormal is touching you, it would be interesting to find out... :)