Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 07-05-2020, 03:49 PM
asearcher

what is a good approach, attitude with ghosts, paranormal stuff and children?

the children are from the age of 5 to12, several of these are more or less open. we have gone from the saying i don't see it (any ghost) to "there is nothing to be afraid of", one "entity" or what it now is have they nicknamed "Darky". They do not go where they "know" Darky is. Sometimes I think this is real to them and sometimes they give themselves a fright over nothing. I have been given great advice on how to raise my energy, stay positive, is there something I can in a subtle way introduce to kids without frightening about Darky or any other paranormal stuff they are picking up on?

Anyone else who has been through this who knows...?

I would really appreciate your help :)
Old 07-05-2020, 04:36 PM
Elfin

Hi. I can only go by my own experience of my children growing up and spirits being present within our home. All of the spirits we encountered were loved ones come to visit, and if we did not recognise a spirit we knew it was not there to harm us. My children grew up to believe that the spirits lived in the house with us and were therefore part of the family. That humans and spirits alike all lived together. I was always casual about any spiritual activity and did not wish to instill any fear into my children. They never outwardly showed any kind of fear, even at night in the dark, which looking back was strange really. They would see me run in fear from a very large spider, but never a spirit!.
Old 07-05-2020, 05:12 PM
asearcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi. I can only go by my own experience of my children growing up and spirits being present within our home. All of the spirits we encountered were loved ones come to visit, and if we did not recognise a spirit we knew it was not there to harm us. My children grew up to believe that the spirits lived in the house with us and were therefore part of the family. That humans and spirits alike all lived together. I was always casual about any spiritual activity and did not wish to instill any fear into my children. They never outwardly showed any kind of fear, even at night in the dark, which looking back was strange really. They would see me run in fear from a very large spider, but never a spirit!.
Hi Elfin, thank you very much. How wonderful your children were never afraid.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:51 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
Hi Elfin, thank you very much. How wonderful your children were never afraid.
Hi... Yes it is both wonderful and strange. And it was actually your thread on here that made me aware of that fact! So Thank you for that. Children would naturally be scared of bogeymen, gremlins under the bed , ghosts etc. But mine weren't. And it's only now I come to realise that they were not. I suppose it's just the same as teaching children to read, write, cross the road. If we teach them that the "spirit" that lives with them is the same as us, that even though they are always there, even though they can't always see them , they are just as important as the people they can see. And we had some really spooky goings on in our house...things moving across the room before our very eyes etc. But no... The boys were never frightened.. just very accepting.