Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 19-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Boom

I personally believe that the reason why we don't know what happens when we die, and the fact we have a survival instinct. Is to stop us from topping ourselves the minute we have an issue on Earth in our physical. The afterlife is apparantly a wonderful place to be, full of freedoms etc.

Why is it a different experience for everyone? Well I believe that has been answered, in the sense that our conciousness can project out a world in front of us when we die. For example. If you are a heavy believer in heaven with angels sitting on clouds with wings playing harps. Then that is what you will get when you die. People will sit in their heavens for a long time before they realise that there is more to the after life than that, and eventually they will ascend further.

So having read many stories of a big tunnel with a white light at the end of it when we die. Then when I die, my conciousness will create me this tunnel to inform me that I am dead. So I will see a big tunnel with a white light at the end of it.

As everyone is different, everyone will perceive a different experience of life after death. What you need to look for when reading of peoples experiences is the underlying stories of similarities.

These are just my thoughts based on everything I have read and understood recently.
Old 20-04-2011, 01:59 AM
AngelBreeze

((((((( lillyj )))))))

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyj
i have studied near death experiences and they are fasinating but still they are all so different it still the unknown that your entering when you die and i would love to believe you are held and guided and that everything that happens to you in this life and beyond is for your highest good but i dont trust that i have a hard time trusting anything!

Dearest, lillyj!

Right now I can see that it is your current belief that is causing you the problems you are having and the doubts about what is a very natural process to occur.

Everything that happens to one in this life and in the next in the world of spirit is for your higher learning and in preparation for even more spiritually higher experiences.

i think there are dark forces as well as good how can you be sure nothing bad will happen does anyone else worry like i do? after all no one really knows anything do we ?
Its the not knowing that gets me the most i've felt unprotected all my life and bad things have happened to me i am really like a disturbed child living in an adults body with no mother to comfort me and make it ok since this is my life state it will probally carry over and maybe be amplified in my afterlife state

There certainly are dark forces, just like the good ones, though the dark one that controls those dark forces would have you believe otherwise through his messages and that of his minions. However, the fixation in all the worrying occurs when one does not have God in their life to Secure and Sustain the answer that they will be going directly to Heaven upon their physical passing! Absent that, there are the dark areas that you speak about since without God in one's life, He would not be there to pin your hope upon at the moment of your transition.

But you can rest assured that your current beliefs will not carry over into the Afterlife if you accept Jesus Christ as your LORD and Savior now! For it is written in the Holy Bible that only Jesus can give you Salvation and remove all of the doubts people have in their mind about where they will be going when their present life on earth ceases to exist. Having Jesus in your life is like having the best Security Force and Spiritual Insurance Policy you can ever obtain because it is the best investment you can make for your eternal soul and spirit! For He will see to it that you are securely transported into His kingdom at your appointed time. And know that no one else can make that same offer. No one.

The way to have Jesus and that security so that your worrying will stop is to become a Born Again Christian. There will be those who will surely try to steer you in another direction, but then you must stop to consider that they care nothing about what will happen to you when you pass on as you are so very concerned about. They will tell you there are other ways. Yes, they are right in that. There are certainly other ways but not any of those ways can GUARANTEE your peace of mind in that you will ascend into Heaven unless you become Born Again through Jesus Christ.

There are people who did not want to believe this and then their time came and they passed away and their family who was Christian worried non-endingly that they passed-on without becoming a Christian and without being Saved. That is unfortunate but it happens all too often. Therefore, the time to do something about that is Now. Tomorrow may be too late as we don't know when God will call us back home and we need to have that Security that we will be guided directly to His kingdom in complete Light and Love by His angels to see our relatives and friends who have passed before us and of course, first and foremost, to be with Jesus who will be waiting to greet you with Open Arms and Extreme Happiness to know you have joined Him and are now Safely Back Home!

If you would like to get this assurance to assure Salvation for yourself, there is the Prayer for Salvation right below that you can say with all sincerity and that should rid you of any further concerns about darkness, etc. by knowing you will be in God's Light for Eternity at your appointed time when you go back home.

May you be blessed always!

Deus tecum, (\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."-- MATTHEW 28: 19-20 (KJV)

"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son." -- II JOHN 9 (KJV)
Old 20-04-2011, 04:57 AM
Felynx

Quote:
But you can rest assured that your current beliefs will not carry over into the Afterlife if you accept Jesus Christ as your LORD and Savior now! For it is written in the Holy Bible that only Jesus can give you Salvation and remove all of the doubts people have in their mind about where they will be going when their present life on earth ceases to exist. Having Jesus in your life is like having the best Security Force and Spiritual Insurance Policy you can ever obtain because it is the best investment you can make for your eternal soul and spirit! For He will see to it that you are securely transported into His kingdom at your appointed time. And know that no one else can make that same offer. No one.

The way to have Jesus and that security so that your worrying will stop is to become a Born Again Christian. There will be those who will surely try to steer you in another direction, but then you must stop to consider that they care nothing about what will happen to you when you pass on as you are so very concerned about. They will tell you there are other ways. Yes, they are right in that. There are certainly other ways but not any of those ways can GUARANTEE your peace of mind in that you will ascend into Heaven unless you become Born Again through Jesus Christ.

Please note that the post above me is merely an individuals perception of what happens in the afterlife (albeit this perception is shared by many). I respect what she believes, but this is not necessarily true for everyone. Its up to you what you think will happen when you die. I know people with this certain idea perceive this as the only to enjoy the Afterlife, but for those that dont share the same vision, this isn't true by any stretch of the imagination. I think she should have worded it in a more open fashion, but then again the bible isn't worded that way....
Old 20-04-2011, 06:37 AM
Knower
I am not scared I yearn to return to my true home. I know I am here for a reason though I cant say I full understand why exactly. I use to fear death even though I’ve always believed in God/JC/Heaven. It wasn’t until I started my spiritual journey that I was able to put that aside. Feel at peace with the prospect of one day dying wether its next week or 60 years from now. I also started looking into past lives/reincarnation something I've always been intrested in and open too.

Our true life (essence/soul) does not end its a never ending circle. Weather we are in the physical or spirit realm/heaven. Least thats how I have come to see it.
Old 24-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Experiencer

Fear of death exists on this side of it only.
What's really scary is being alive in the physical, if you ask me, because of all the insecurity caused by thinking it's all there is.
Old 24-04-2011, 09:28 PM
I just found this thread. Alot of clear people here.

If this helps anyone - I recommend to friends afraid of death to read 'A World Beyond' by Ruth Montgomery...boy, does it shed light on it all.
Also google Anthony Borgia to read 'Life in the Unseen World'.

Both just excellent and will ring true to you, imo.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Knower
I'm not afraid of death necessarily, but I am afraid that when we die our conscious state will no longer exist. This scares me infinitely more than any idea of hell or eternal damnation. I means I'm terrified of reincarnation and of oblivion. People tend to think this is strange.
Old 25-04-2011, 02:53 AM
tehuti

Death is the event horizon of a blackhole. The fear is the fear of moving at light speed and not having physical form. You can practice that now and create near death experiences here now through meditation and other "tools" used by shamans, mystery schools and other sects.....
Old 25-04-2011, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehuti
Death is the event horizon of a blackhole. The fear is the fear of moving at light speed and not having physical form. You can practice that now and create near death experiences here now through meditation and other "tools" used by shamans, mystery schools and other sects.....

I know is that cool or what?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-04-2011, 05:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe of Wildwood
I'm not afraid of death necessarily, but I am afraid that when we die our conscious state will no longer exist. This scares me infinitely more than any idea of hell or eternal damnation. I means I'm terrified of reincarnation and of oblivion. People tend to think this is strange.

Wolfe... It's not strange really to have fear of dying in consciousness, but you have an unusual way of describing it. For most people it's death of the body that they fear and talk about because of the mistaken idea that the body is 'me'.

Through meditation you can discover that in essence you are consciousness itself and this was not born and cannot die. You could see this now by recognizing that all the things you are conscious of - thoughts, feelings, sensations, perceptions, etc. - are always changing... but the fact that you are always aware does not.

Another way is to look into the personal near death experiences described in articles and books by thousands of people. Many of them say they were surprised to learn they remain themselves after death, but without pain and difficulty. In other words, they are Conscious that they exist. http://nderf.org is a good place to start.

Xan