Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 02-06-2014, 11:49 PM
Knower

Are you an Old Soul?

I noticed at a very young age that I was different then nearly all of my friends and family. I had a completely different perception of right and wrong, but also how the world looked. It was almost like I was staring at the same world as them, however, I seen it in a light that they couldn't see. This has been that way my entire life and I have the utmost confidence that I am an Old Soul.
Not long ago I took an interest into astrology and in my natal chart, my moon is in Pisces. Within the text of my description, it said that I was considered an Old Soul because the area that the constellation Pisces is in, is the oldest part of the universe. This intrigued me so I delved into it too, which I was amazed by the accuracy in what I found and how strongly my intuition tells me it's true.
I then delved into the Theory of Reincarnation, which I felt possible because I have always felt that I had been born within the wrong era. Like a man out of his time and I do not belong within this time we have now. My belief's, insights, and pretty much entire psychological thinking is entirely out of place with the rest of our modern individuals.

This reason has caused me to be a loner, which I've been my entire life. I have not even been in a relationship over the past 9 years because I search for my true love and I'll not settle for anything less. I even know within me that I am not going to find her in this life, I do not believe she is on this earth. I had been married once, which I had did at a young age and given what was expected of me. However, all that I was given back was heartbreak, heartache, unfaithfulness, and dishonesty. This holds true within my family based relationships too, as I do not feel a close personal bond towards them (excluding my children). In reality, I could traverse this earth for the remainder of this physical existence and never see another human, which really doesn't scare me. In my entire life, the closes companion that I have ever felt an extreme connection to is my dog, whom is literally my best friend.

I am also very clairvoyant, empathic, and intuitive. I can over hear the plans of a co-worker and easily see the folly in them and just know the outcome. However, I never even attempt to say anything to them, I just feel that it is their destiny to learn it's lesson on their own. I can also know who anyone is the moment that they stand beside me. I can feel what emotions they have within their heart's and what type of soul they have.

I am weary and tired. I just feel old and worn out, to the point that I am eager for this existence to end. I don't care about any fancy cars, houses, or any other type of material object. I crave knowledge, and for the past 5 years I have been feeding my mind as much as I can possibly absorb. This, for some reason, seems to have meaning in it and is what will be needed to get me into the next stage of my souls life. I know that this physical prison we reside in now will soon be gone for me and my true life will begin.

I search for someone whom might share this with me, whom might feel this same way. I seek someone that I can relate to for a change and not feel like a soul out of his time.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:58 PM
elisi

it's possible you have been here many times before.

also, many of the young ones are coming in already 'knowing'.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:04 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
it's possible you have been here many times before.

also, many of the young ones are coming in already 'knowing'.

I feel that I have been and many times indeed. I love and respect my parents with my entire existence. However, I look at them like they are younger and more immature then I. Almost like I have see a lot more and experienced a lot more then they have.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:09 AM
elisi

i feel like a lot of 'old souls' are here now to help facilitate people through the earth changes as we evolve spiritually-rise in vibration.

but what do i know? :)
Old 03-06-2014, 12:13 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
i feel like a lot of 'old souls' are here now to help facilitate people through the earth changes as we evolve spiritually-rise in vibration.

but what do i know? :)

****, you have no idea the irony of your words, WOW. My apologies for my excitement, your words or that "what do you know" hit very close to home with me. I have been seeing things that tell me I need to do something, however, I haven't quite come to turns with it. That or I am hoping it passes and maybe I can just finish me existence and go home.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator
Brobian....many of the things you said I also feel.
With the exception of feeling I'm in the wrong age or 'era'. It seems quite right that I'm in this one -for me anyway.

I have done so many things in my life -so much so, that people may not even be inclined to believe me if I ever told them. And yet as time has gone by there has been one 'clear-out' after another taking place within me. All the things I really don't need any more. I know I don't need them (or have outgrown them?) because there is no longer any desire remaining for those things. Not even a trace.

I have been so very lucky to have been shown a tiny light. All I really desire any more is to follow it.

I don't even mind what 'age' my soul is or isn't. All I want to do is track that light.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:26 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Brobian....many of the things you said I also feel.
With the exception of feeling I'm in the wrong age or 'era'. It seems quite right that I'm in this one -for me anyway.

I have done so many things in my life -so much so, that people may not even be inclined to believe me if I ever told them. And yet as time has gone by there has been one 'clear-out' after another taking place within me. All the things I really don't need any more. I know I don't need them (or have outgrown them?) because there is no longer any desire remaining for those things. Not even a trace.

I have been so very lucky to have been shown a tiny light. All I really desire any more is to follow it.

I don't even mind what 'age' my soul is or isn't. All I want to do is track that light.

I typically don't mention much of my abilities or the things that I can see to anyone. Usually, they pay no attention or consider me a weirdo. You're separating from this physical plane by tossing all the material objects. The human soul is very much immortal and it, your subconscious, knows that there is no reason to cherish something that time will destroy anyways.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:32 AM
Experiencer
I like to believe I am an old soul but I could never tell you decisively that I am. I'm only 22; very young and very recluse from my age group because teens - late 20's (and in some immature cases 30's) love to party, drink, and do drugs. I have always been content at staying home with a nice cup of tea and reading a good book or playing board games with friends to have fun. I hate this modern day technology and how fast it is going. (although I am really grateful for this site) Sometimes, I wish days would go back to writing a letter to someone asking how are they doing and sending it through the mail or maybe even back to the days were trading was the main way of obtaining things in life. I've recently been watching a show that shows a community in Alaska that does just this and I think, "wow that's much simpler and friendlier!" I'm very interested in the music and the styles of the 40's and 50's and older black and white movies are at times my faves. This modern day distresses me at times and sometimes depresses me. To me in this day of age I find it saddening to hardly find love. Don't get me wrong i'm not looking for a relationship any where I can find it and to me finding true love is not to be taken lightly. I'm content on not having someone altogether but I wouldn't oppose if the universe saw fit to bring one my way. The way my age group thinks of love these days is sickening in my eyes. But again this is how I feel - It probably doesn't mean I'm an old soul though.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:41 AM
Knower

On the contrary. The very fact that you feel you are one makes you likely to be one. google old souls and you'll see a site called Michaels teachings. Try reading it and you might be surprised with what you learn.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:03 AM
yumi14

Wow. You expressed yourself in a way that I also see myself almost to a T.

Its a very haunting feeling, tho...isn't it? I've always felt like I just don't belong here. Like it wasn't my time to be here. The wrong era strikes a big cord with me.

I feel the same with people. I dont feel a connection or bond to anyone except my children. I've always felt a strong connection to animals. I , too feel peoples emotions, but I also feel the emotions of animals.

I've made so many mistakes in my life that I regret so badly, too. There's just the inner chaos in me that makes me feel like I don't really have a place anywhere. I may be an old soul, but Ialso tthink I am a lost soul. I've been striving very hard lately to make sense of it all.

Its a lonely existence, tho. No partner to talk to, to be in this life with. I gave up relationships several years ago out of simply being too scared anymore to open myself up to anyone. I've been burned so badly. I'm OK being alone, but sometimes I do yearn to share myself with the right person. It would have to be the right person, just like you mentioned. Anything less would cause too much pain and emptiness at this point. Not to mention them possibly not accepting me for who I am and trying to change me. That's all I have ever experienced. Never being good enough in their eyes. It has led me to believe I'm not worthy. So, for now, its best I'm alone.

Anyway, thanks for your post. It really hit home for me.