Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-06-2011, 11:52 AM
wahid772

Are consciousness and memory retained after death?

Old 10-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Medium_Laura

yes, it is stored in your soul memory forever. We are under a "Veil" when we become reincarnated so we can be a clean slate for lessons. If we remembered every right and every wrong we'd never learn because we'd be avoiding all the icky stuff from before. Sometimes bad things happen to help us learn to get through it. :)
Old 10-06-2011, 01:09 PM

I don't think it is.
I think our information is downloaded, and then we're sent out to gather more.
I suppose you could see it as reincarnation, but it's really not.
Just my opinion, though. =]
Old 11-06-2011, 02:04 AM
Medium_Laura

I only know my truths and yes Member, we each have our own :)

When I crossed over and came back, I saw the "Hall of Records" that held every lesson from every lifetime (quite a huge place full of sparkles and translucent walls). When I pulled a scroll, I felt every emotion and every love I had in that lifetime just by holding that scroll.

That's what I know to be my truth :)
Old 11-06-2011, 02:53 AM
Ascender

Aye, but at the end of the day, we can't tell you that, you have to be the one to come to this realisation.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:12 AM
Medium_Laura

so very true ROM :)
Old 11-06-2011, 07:07 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahid772

The memory we experience as humankind is one which comes with our biological form. On death, then, that memory ceases to be.

But what we experienced/learned in-the-body is also imprinted within our spiritual selves and that remains with us after our passing - not exactly in a memory as we had before but with significant details retained and enhancing our spiritual development, shaping our outlook....

Consciousness isn't so much retained as liberated after we escape the constraints of our frail human system. Consciousness expands to what it was before we came here to the physical dimension.....
Old 13-06-2011, 01:26 AM
Coming2

Oh I definitely believe that once we have crossed over we remember every lifetime we have ever had. Once we are home we understand everything that we went through and why we went through it and see how it all connects from this life into past ones. I believe that we have life themes to overcome and that if we do not overcome whatever it is that we repeat it again and again until we do....this is planned for us, by us, in order to grow and evolve in the spirit world and grow closer to the God Head....If anyone has read Micheal Newtons books about life between lives regression it is reported again and again by every single person who has done this. I dont believe that we are somehow all subliminally programed to believe the exact same thing after death....it is irrational to believe it is just a fluke that millions of people report the same thing time and time again.
Old 13-06-2011, 03:23 AM
Experiencer
Hey Laura, what you said in your first post would be great if it were true. " If we remembered every right and every wrong we'd never learn because we'd be avoiding all the icky stuff from before."
Problem is all this memory is There...it's stored in areas of our physical, etheric and astral bodies. Yes, there is a partial veil.... but everything (once our soul has culminated it's unique expression as is the case with most folks on forums like this).. everything we encounter in our lives that we are judging as evil...dark or light....is judged based upon these past stored memories. Our job, should we choose to accept it, is to face the roots of our judgments....which lie even embedded in our DNA. We store it all until we release the dualistic judgment we placed upon it...way back when, and face it with love. Those, "bad things that happen to us" are only "bad" because we have stored a judgment from a past life somewhere in our astral/physical or etheric body. And as you say, it is there to bring a lesson...and that lesson is to replace the past life dualistic judgment that still to this day makes us dance like puppets . And yes, we do avoid all that "icky stuff"....but until it is no longer "icky" we will carry it from life to life...and be manipulated by it, usually totally unaware of that fact.. He he

I think what the "veil" you mentioned is ...is the fact that although we store all these memories in astral, etheric and our physical bodies....somehow (because of the frequency difference of each of our lives) we fail to be able to see it in our mental body... (generally speaking...unless we happen to know certain techniques for doing so)..
Old 13-06-2011, 03:28 AM
HBuck72

I think if reincarnation is true, then there should be some residual memory leftover, otherwise I don't think there is a point in coming back. I think memories, even if they must be "rediscovered", can serve as learning lessons for the current life.