Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 16-07-2018, 08:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
Amazing lol.

If they are at different points on some imagined scale or spectrum, they are not the same!

Is hate the same as love or not in your view? You keep saying both.

I am trying to follow your thinking but it makes no sense.

You say one feels hate because of an obstruction.
You say we need to remove the obstruction.
You say love and hate are the same energy.

The same!

Do you know what the word, same means?

Here it is from a dictionary:

same
sām/Submit
adjective
identical; not different.
"she was saying the same thing over and over"
synonyms: identical, selfsame, very same, one and the same
"we stayed at the same hotel"
of an identical type; exactly similar.

So when you say over and over that love and hate are the same energy you are stating:

Hate and love and identical; not different

Is that what you believe or not?

If it wasn't the same it would be dualistic now wouldn't it..

Thank you for the conversations Rain but I really don't see the point in debating every single thing with you. Again not sure why you are in the Buddhist section since it isn't your thing at all.
Old 16-07-2018, 08:30 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
:) if you had a solid practice you would understand.

Imagining lava flowing up my legs from the middle of the earth is never a practice I will do lol. It's silly to me. And the part about imagining the lava exploding in my chest I find disturbing like a horror movie.
Old 16-07-2018, 08:32 PM
Master
Quote:
That's called hedging your bets.

I surpose energy is the same, but you see it doesn't always FEEL the same so I keep an open mind, is that ok.... If it's not ok then that's ok as it doesn't change how I feel.
Old 16-07-2018, 08:32 PM
Suspended

Quote:
If it wasn't the same it would be dualistic now wouldn't it...

lol no. What in the heck is your definition of dualism as used in Buddhist philosophy?
Old 16-07-2018, 08:49 PM
Suspended

Double Post

Last edited by Rain95 : 17-07-2018 at 03:25 AM.
Old 16-07-2018, 09:45 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I suppose energy is the same, but you see it doesn't always FEEL the same so I keep an open mind, is that ok.... If it's not ok then that's ok as it doesn't change how I feel.

Well it's more than hate and love not feeling the same, they are projected outward from within and result is horrible actions and events. Murders, shootings, wars, violence of every kind, due to hate. Millions have died, been tortured, due to hate.

Last edited by Rain95 : 17-07-2018 at 03:24 AM.
Old 16-07-2018, 10:50 PM
Master
A little bit about energy.

Everything is energy – yes.
But the qualities of energies are different.
And there are different realms or should one say ‘octaves’ of them.

If one is clairvoyant, clairaudient, clairsentient and if this happens regularly, it becomes important to know where ones visions, impressions, feelings and thoughts are coming from.

A vision you see where another person says something in it may look and feel very similar whether it is a ghost-spirit showing it to you and whether it is one you telepathically receive from a living – but there is a subtle energy difference. Hence the Middle World (living) and the Lower World (ghost realm) difference can be discerned - through their differing “Energy Signatures”.

It has been said that: "Your level of evolution has to do with the vibration of your energy field".

Ever met an Elder or a ‘Guru’ whose mere presence made your awareness shift?
Like stepping in from everyman’s fight or flight street to an entirely different atmosphere - one of calmness, centeredness, stillness, belonging, connectedness, spiritual alignment, spiritual insights - that come pouring in ….

One may not recognize it as energy first, but when you hit the street atmosphere again, you really notice the difference in energy vibrations.
Old 16-07-2018, 10:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Not sure what you quote is suppose to mean or what you are debating?

Energy, movement, flows, that your being is also energy?

Yes.

Also, do you have a link to that quote?

I disagree with your premise that everything is energy is one without differentiation. My post wasn't a quote, but you can do your own reading on the issue. Maybe start with the quote below...

"Everything in life is vibration" - Albert Einstein.
Old 16-07-2018, 11:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes I know this is your belief system or religion or path. You imagine "energy" flowing though you, you imagine light rays from the sun, then lava from middle of the earth, then the light from the sun turns into water flowing in you, and you sit and repeat this imagination exercise until you can imagine this "energy flow" at all times.

I personally have no desire to keep imagining something until I feel it. That is self hypnosis in my view. Then also, sheesh getting to the point where I believe what I am feeling is real. Yea not for me. But hey if it makes you happier and a better person I have nothing against it. If you are actually feeling real stuff that exists that's great to. I hope you and everybody reaches enlightenment.

I'd say the only wrong thing would be telling others they are wrong or your way is the best or only way. What do I know. Maybe your way works. I hope it does. I am not into it though. In fact, I find practices that continue desire or seeking or ego are wrong for me. But hey that's me and my life and path. Everybody's path is unique.

I seek to be in the moment selfless. So a self seeking to experience this or that not for me. Well I am seeking the experience of no conflict within or without, total peace, but how I seek that is to be here now empty. I seek to not seek, I desire to not desire, I want to not want. I stop focusing on or identifying with reactionary or habitual thoughts and thinking. But yea it gets very complex the explanation, but the actual practice is simple. I just am here now as it is without adding anything to it.

Many energy practices use visualization to help move energy. It is a pretty common practice. Buddhism is filled with visualization energy practices.

Just like in meditation you have to have a little faith in the practice before you experience silence. Same with energy practices. You have to have a little faith in the teachings before you start to feel the energy moving and then later the ecstasy.

There are many other energy type practices but if you don’t believe there is no point in offering them to you.

Good luck.
Old 16-07-2018, 11:11 PM
Master
Quote:
No they don't exist [flows of energy] imho. They are imagination.

Reading your comment I thought of the subtle 'winds' (rlung) in Tibetan Buddhism, that flow through channels (rlsa). The channels are distinct from the winds, and ultimately wind needs to flow through the central channel. I don't mean to derail this thread, but just wanted to say there are Buddhist perspectives that would be comfortable with a very specific understanding of 'energy flow'.