Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 04-04-2012, 11:41 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
One might ask, WHY many have this experience, but the vast majority never do.
What is it about some, that they've been given this unique perspective on life?
Did they have a role to fulfill that otherwise might not have been pursued?

That they've been able to share it with us is wonderful,
Yet I still wonder how-if my life might have changed, had I experienced this.

I've had many transcendent experiences with LSD& meditation , and varied spiritual ones after that.... so perhaps I didn't need that adjustment.

Likewise I've always known ET's are here, yet I've never seen a craft.

For many situations in life it might be asked why some have 'em and some don't.... It's purely an assumption that an NDE is a privilege that's been given or maybe even earned. It's an assumption that there was a deep, intended significance. It's always possible that either assumption is right but it's only a possibility....

Humankind loves conundrums, loves mysteries, and will find them even where none exists - we make things fit when we want 'em to, even if they don't fit at all....

As for ETs well it's another fantasy that folk enjoy, even when there's nary a scrap of real evidence. And even if they were, why would we expect there'd be some kind of craft they travelled here in? Again we're into making things fit, we're into the realms of fun and fantasy....

If there were beings not born to this earth, where's the saying that they arrived here in any way we could conceive? If they were among us, undetected in the main, so much like ourselves as to be indistinguidhable, why might they not have arrived in a way we may be unable to envisage? Almost as with apported objects, for example - dematerialised and later re-materialised elsewhere.....

Or am I now just playing your fantasy game?
Old 05-04-2012, 02:25 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac

Humankind loves conundrums, loves mysteries, and will find them even where none exists - we make things fit when we want 'em to, even if they don't fit at all....

As for ETs well it's another fantasy that folk enjoy, even when there's nary a scrap of real evidence. And even if they were, why would we expect there'd be some kind of craft they travelled here in? Again we're into making things fit, we're into the realms of fun and fantasy....

Or am I now just playing your fantasy game? [/color]

Well speculation is device that philosophers, theoreticians have indulged in for eons.
To some their ideas often appeared as delusional fantasy.
If you see this only as fantasy certainly that's your right and I have no problem with you limiting your reality.

However saying there's not a scrap of evidence for extraterrestrial visitation suggests it's YOU who's living in a fantasy world.
But again I respect your right to keep your delusion and have no intention to debate this with skeptics who choose to ignore the evidence.

Debates of this sort are a pitiful waste of time that accomplish nothing.
And add nothing to the discussion posted.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:38 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Well speculation is device that philosophers, theoreticians have indulged in for eons.
To some their ideas often appeared as delusional fantasy.
If you see this only as fantasy certainly that's your right and I have no problem with you limiting your reality.

However saying there's not a scrap of evidence for extraterrestrial visitation suggests it's YOU who's living in a fantasy world.
But again I respect your right to keep your delusion and have no intention to debate this with skeptics who choose to ignore the evidence.

Debates of this sort are a pitiful waste of time that accomplish nothing.
And add nothing to the discussion posted.

And I respect totally your own right to your own delusions....

As you accurately point out, debates are a waste of time because they're debates about assertions rather than an analysis of evidence. Ironic - in some ways - because I don't have any doubts about other life forms and alternate ways of life. Rather as with my own speciality, too much dross is found linked to sound ideas but that seems to be our way of life in this modern day.

It's a shame but ultimately there's nothing lost - all will be known in the fullness of time.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Henri77

Witnesses to a murder can send a man to the chair.
Yet first hand accounts are dismissed as non-evidence for certain other matters such as this. It's off topic and again futile to debate.

Folks have damn little empirical evidence for NDE's yet most believe the personal accounts to be representative of reality. Wonder why that is.

Anyway, I feel many if not most folks would find the NDE experience a profoundly changing one...belief is one thing- but personal experience is another matter.
I entirely believe the accounts though I've never experienced an OOB...
Also I have met et's though never seen a UFO, except as an abductee.

anyway ... back to the thread topic
I believe some scientists have tried to induce-simulate an NDE through induction or brain stimulation... Haven't found much info on this.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:23 AM
beleeve111

One of my spirit guides told me about a book called "Journey of Souls" by Micheal Newton ( a hypnotherapist). I was interested in Learning about my own near death experiance and He was telling me there is truth In Dr. Newtons case studies.
Old 19-04-2012, 05:55 AM
Akram Fakir

Did you found the truth?
Old 19-04-2012, 06:18 AM
Trieah

Quote:
Originally Posted by beleeve111
One of my spirit guides told me about a book called "Journey of Souls" by Micheal Newton ( a hypnotherapist). I was interested in Learning about my own near death experiance and He was telling me there is truth In Dr. Newtons case studies.

I agree, that is a very interesting book. And if you liked that one, you would probably like his other book "Destiny of the Soul" as well.
Old 19-04-2012, 10:49 AM
akhileshneo

Really interesting stuff for me. Thanks for everyone for sharing your valuable information!