Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-06-2019, 06:17 PM
Master
And the Earth was without form, and void...

History records discussions about the first and second verses in Genesis 1, regarding Creation, as early as 1097 - 1141, and again in, 1583-1643.
First by Hugo St. Victor, and again by Simon Episcopius.

This, involving the question of global disaster after the initial creation of the Earth, and reintegration and reformation.

Point is, many think they know what the creation story says in the Bible, and can thereby dismiss it according to modern science theory.
But, while they think they know and understand, they don't.

If you scroll down at this below site to "Earths Age...", you will find the page to view.

https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tool...-second-verses

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 09-06-2019, 06:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
History records discussions about the first and second verses in Genesis 1, regarding Creation, as early as 1097 - 1141, and again in, 1583-1643.
First by Hugo St. Victor, and again by Simon Episcopius.

This, involving the question of global disaster after the initial creation of the Earth, and reintegration and reformation.

Point is, many think they know what the creation story says in the Bible, and can thereby dismiss it according to modern science theory.
But, while they think they know and understand, they don't.

If you scroll down at this below site to "Earths Age...", you will find the page to view.

https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tool...-second-verses

So where did Cain's Wife in the land of Nod come from?
Old 09-06-2019, 06:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
So where did Cain's Wife in the land of Nod come from?

Oh good. Another diversion, and sidestep?

We are to understand that in the Patriarchal lifestyle in ancient times, females were not recorded in ancestral lineage, as were the males, as is evident.
There is also an unknown time element.

Another thing to note is that Adam is said to be made in the image of God, which may have been different from other humanoid creation.

Either way?
Beside the point of the O.P., which is about Creation of Earth, in scripture.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 09-06-2019, 07:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Oh good. Another diversion, and sidestep?

We are to understand that in the Patriarchal lifestyle in ancient times, females were not recorded in ancestral lineage as were the males, as is evident.
Either way? Beside the point of the O.P., which is about Creation of Earth in scripture.

No sidesteps just a bit of a puzzle which came to mind when you mentioned Genesis.

You see Morph there had to be another race of people who lived at the same time as Adam and Eve for there to be a Wife in Nod for Cain....

During their lives, Adam and Eve had a number of male and female children. In fact, the Jewish historian Josephus wrote, “The number of Adam’s children, as says the old tradition, was thirty-three Sons and twenty three Daughters.

Another puzzle....
Adam and Eve had 56 Children God help the poor Woman..

I'll keep my beliefs on Evolution, makes sense to me personally but to each their own.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:14 PM
Master
Quote:
No sidesteps just a bit of a puzzle which came to mind when you mentioned Genesis.

You see Morph there had to be another race of people who lived at the same time as Adam and Eve for there to be a Wife in Nod for Cain....

During their lives, Adam and Eve had a number of male and female children. In fact, the Jewish historian Josephus wrote, “The number of Adam’s children, as says the old tradition, was thirty-three Sons and twenty three Daughters.

Another puzzle....
Adam and Eve had 56 Children God help the poor Woman..

I'll keep my beliefs on Evolution, makes sense to me personally but to each their own.

Again, just diversion sky.
I answered with respect to recorded lineage, and time element.
Before the flood, how long were people living for?

Things change in, "space/time".

Old 09-06-2019, 07:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Again, just diversion sky.
I answered with respect to recorded lineage, and time element.
Before the flood, how long were people living for?

Things change in, "space/time".

Sorry I must have misunderstood you, where did Cain's wife come from? They say she's the most spoke about wife in history Do we even have a name for Her?
Old 09-06-2019, 08:42 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Sorry I must have misunderstood you, where did Cain's wife come from? They say she's the most spoke about wife in history Do we even have a name for Her?

Mrs. Cain?
Old 10-06-2019, 05:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Mrs. Cain?

I don't know how many times I got into trouble at School for asking about the Genesis Story which makes little sense to me

Not to worry though it's not important in reality, it's just a Story and doesn't take away the beauty and mystery of the Universe.
Old 24-06-2019, 01:01 AM
Seeker

The Bible tells us exactly how the world began. There Must be a master creator. Forget about scientific theories like the Big Bang. It doesn't hold water.
Old 24-06-2019, 06:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelytony22
The Bible tells us exactly how the world began. There Must be a master creator. Forget about scientific theories like the Big Bang. It doesn't hold water.

I agree with you that the Bible tells us how the writers thought the world began, but Science shows us the way cause and effect took place to create the ' Big Bang '.