Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 15-02-2020, 07:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Of the five Koine Greek words used for love, all are used in the New Testament except Eros. The Koine Greek word used the most for love is Agape love which is one of Jesus' main teachings.

Yes as I pointed out previously when you stated that Eros was not in the Bible, the ' Concept ' is in the Old Testament.... The Song of Solomon
Old 15-02-2020, 01:30 PM
Ascender
[quote=BigJohn]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50

In Koine Greek, there are 5 words that get translated as love. The one love not mentioned in the Bible is Eros.

I know, maybe because of it's origins?
Old 15-02-2020, 01:42 PM
Ascender
Quote:
NICE POINTS!

We expect the other person to 'make the first move' but actually we are expected to 'make the first move' in that of loving our neighbour with agape love.

I totally agree! it's never been a problem for myself, because by nature, I'm a forgiving person. so I try to make peace with people, by telling them that I love them, I do it in forums and in my world. I'm humble enough to make the first move, because this is what Jehovah God and Jesus expects from people. especially those who claim to follow them.
Old 15-02-2020, 02:13 PM
Master
[quote=jojo50]
Quote:

I know, maybe because of it's origins?

Then again BJ stated it's not found in the Bible, when I pointed out it is in the bible he changed to ' It is not found in the New Testament ' I have read the Concept of Eros it is found in the old testament
Old 15-02-2020, 05:04 PM
Master
sky123 please note: I did not change my post to read "It is not found in the New Testament."

As you already know, Eros is a transliterated Koine Greek word and is not found in the Bible.

You got to admit, you refused to show examples were you claim Eros was used in the Bible, especially used in the Hebrew Scriptures.

"The Concept of Eros" is also not found in the Bible. One would find it hard to believe a transliterated Greek word would be found in the Hebrew Scriptures. Much has been altered in the Bible but that type of alteration I would suspect would be a 'new one'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-02-2020, 05:22 PM
Master
Quote:
sky123 please note: I did not change my post to read "It is not found in the New Testament."

As you already know, Eros is a transliterated Koine Greek word and is not found in the Bible.

You got to admit you refused to show examples were you claim it was used in the Bible, especially in the Hebrew Scriptures.

"The Concept of Eros" is also not found in the Bible. One would find it hard to believe a transliterated Greek word would be found in the Hebrew Scriptures.

' In Koine Greek, there are 5 words that get translated as love. The one love not mentioned in the Bible is Eros. '

Then we have

' Of the five Koine Greek words used for love, all are used in the New Testament except Eros. The Koine Greek word used the most for love is Agape love which is one of Jesus' main teachings. '

I did Post where you can find the concept of Eros BTW.

'Judaism’s holiest book, according to the Talmud, is the Song of Solomon, which is a long erotic lust poem. On its face, the Song is the Bible’s least worthy work. Read the verses. You’ll be scandalized.'

Erotic - Eros.

But then again it also has a deeper meaning.
Old 15-02-2020, 06:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' In Koine Greek, there are 5 words that get translated as love. The one love not mentioned in the Bible is Eros. '

Then we have

' Of the five Koine Greek words used for love, all are used in the New Testament except Eros. The Koine Greek word used the most for love is Agape love which is one of Jesus' main teachings. '

I did Post where you can find the concept of Eros BTW.

'Judaism’s holiest book, according to the Talmud, is the Song of Solomon, which is a long erotic lust poem. On its face, the Song is the Bible’s least worthy work. Read the verses. You’ll be scandalized.'

Erotic - Eros.

But then again it also has a deeper meaning.

Once again, you forgot to show the scripture where the transliterated Koine Greek word Eros is used in the Old Testament. Please show me where in the Song of Solomon that the Greek transliterated word Eros is used. I have never seen Greek words intermingled with the Hebrew scriptures.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-02-2020, 07:06 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Once again, you forgot to show the scripture where the transliterated Koine Greek word Eros is used in the Old Testament. Please show me where in the Song of Solomon that the Greek transliterated word Eros is used. I have never seen Greek words intermingled with the Hebrew scriptures.

what she post I've seen from another sight from the internet. that person didn't post the verse either. I've read the book of Solomon MANY times. I haven't come across what they claim is there. if we're going to say something is in the scriptures. we need to post those verses, if not ,it could be taken as one just making it up, this is why I post scriptures. which really doesn't matter when one refuse to acknowledge even them.
Old 17-02-2020, 07:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
what she post I've seen from another sight from the internet. that person didn't post the verse either. I've read the book of Solomon MANY times. I haven't come across what they claim is there. if we're going to say something is in the scriptures. we need to post those verses, if not ,it could be taken as one just making it up, this is why I post scriptures. which really doesn't matter when one refuse to acknowledge even them.

' what she posted '

Yes ' She ' did Post and also gave the ' Songs of Solomon ' as an example of ' Eros ' love found in the OT.

" Eros is the word often used to express sexual love or the feelings of arousal that are shared between people who are physically attracted to one another. Eros is used in the Old Testament to express the physical and sensual intimacy between a husband and a wife."

I said, "I will climb the palm tree; I will take hold of its fruit." May your breasts be like clusters of grapes on the vine, the fragrance of your breath like apples NIV

My beloved is to me a sachet of myrrh resting between my breasts. NIV

Until the day breaks and the shadows flee, turn, my beloved, and be like a gazelle or like a young stag on the rugged hills. NIV

Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the vines have budded, if their blossoms have opened, and if the pomegranates are in bloom – there I will give you my love. NIV

Awake, north wind, and come, south wind! Blow on my garden, that its fragrance may spread abroad. Let my beloved come into his garden and taste its choice fruits. NIV

Etc, etc:......

Please note ' She didn't make it up '.
Old 17-02-2020, 09:55 AM
Administrator
Unless the cross words stop this will be closed
Closed Thread