Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-02-2020, 08:00 PM
Knower

Therapy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Part of my own spiritual path and growth includes many helpings of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).

It does take a while between reading what is on the page (hearing the message), understanding what is on the page or being said and then letting it deeply sink in to the subconscious mind so that it becomes "second nature" and the previous behaviours which no longer serve becomes upgraded to a much better, functional "operating system".

I am forever saying "I should be doing this", or "I should not have done that"...however, "should", "could" and "must" are swear words in CBT. It becomes "I am not doing this, so either I do it or I do not do it" or "I have already done that so forget about it and move on".

There are also many irrational thought processes caused by conditioning and unrequited emotions leading to feelings of guilt, insufficiency, negativity and the erosion of self-worth.

Generalization, Catastrophizing, All-or-Nothing, let me see if I can find that list:
https://healthywa.wa.gov.au/Articles...hinking-styles

In a way, my path is more of a psychospiritual one because it is much harder to try and think of something positive than negative and you will seem to have less positive thoughts than negative ones, so if you only focus on the positive thoughts, the "monkey mind" chatter will slow down naturally...all by itself.

Then, if one has a negative experience and tries to think of positive stuff, then all of a sudden, you are in the "drivers seat" in the role of the observer... mindfulness is brought into the present moment, into the NOW and you realise that you are having NO thoughts at all because you can't think of anything either positive, negative or neutral and bliss ensues thereafter.

I still have to "catch myself" a few times a day...but it is like an electric fan...the blades will still spin around for some time even after the power supply has been disconnected.

It’s good and healthy that you’ve done cbt therapy