Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 07-08-2011, 10:22 AM
SunnyHaze

Thumbs up Getting Grounding

Getting Grounded

Prayer of Awareness
I ask for Protection and Love of the white light. I ask
for a peaceful mind, I ask for patience so that I can set
aside my expectations and understand the lessons that
Spirit has for me, and I ask for the strength to pursue my goal of spiritual awareness.

I find that visualisation is really helpful here: if we send our thoughts in a particular direction, our feelings will follow.
With this exercise, the most important thing is that you feel comfortable - both physically and phychologically. But it particulary good if you stand out side.
Take off your shoes so that you can stand barefoot on the ground.Place your feet a shoulders width apart, so that you're stable.
Close you eyes and begin your breathing, "Breathe in through your nose, and out through your mouth" Remembering to check in with your shoulders and neck to ensure they're no tense.
When you have brought yourself into focus with breathing, begin to notice the way your feet feel upon the ground.
Feel the Earth, and feel your connectedness to it. This is a very physical sensation:
Your firm feet, the cool earth.
Now, Imagine that you are not only standing firm upon the earth, but are sending down roots below the surface, into the earth itself. You are literally earthing Yourself. Visualise a Tree - Many people choose an Oak, but I always visualise a Kauri tree: straight, strong and ablw to withstand any storm. Think of yourself as that tree. Feel what it is like to stand so tall and strong, feel your body lengthening, stretching upwards in your mind, as your feet become even more rooted in the earth. Allow yourself to feel the strength of this earth connection. Bring your focus back to breathing - in and out, in and out.uou are truely one with the planet.
When you feel you want to end this meditation, refocus on you breathing and open your eyes slowly. Remind yourself of the feel of your feet, so solid on the ground.

That is my part on helping guide you through "Getting Grounded"
Love and Light SunnyHaze
Old 21-08-2011, 09:16 AM
SunnyHaze

Keeping this post alive(;
Old 21-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Experiencer
Excellent exercise. I'm gonna try that one next time I need a grounding.
Old 21-08-2011, 11:20 PM
SunnyHaze

Cheers This was my First/Personal grounding method,
Old 03-11-2011, 08:47 AM
SunnyHaze

Just a bump :P